Beech @ Hendersonville - Week 3

eers

Beech travels across town to face rival and region opponent Hendersonville. Beech comes in at 2-0 and Hendersonville is coming off of a big come from behind win against KY 5A power South Warren.

That said, you can typically throw all that out the window for this game. It will be heated and hard hitting. The players have been “talking” all summer. The atmosphere will be electric. 

Thoughts?

Throw the past out the window!!! As Coach Martin from Gallatin used to say “It’s muscle and blood time”. Where is your heart? Looking for a hard fought game as both these teams know each other.

Eers and Mondo shive us the stats of the last 10 years.

Who ya got?

My money is on The Bucs!!!

Memories of this rivalry

For Beech RJ Meadows beat us 2 years in a row. Halfback pass in OT for a 36-35 win and then about a 60 yd TD catch with under a minute to go to win the next year. For Hville DJ Lefeve’s 50 yd punt return with under a minute to go for a 12-7 Commando win over a Kenta Sadler-David Corlew led Buc team and then DT Cayman Russell stopping Travis Haymer on the goal line to preserve a Commando win. This shows that I am really old.  On a sad note I also remember the year that Buc kicker Nathan Johnson lost his life in an automobile accident.  Kind of put the rivalry in perspective. Looking for a good hard fought clean game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Director said:

Throw the past out the window!!! As Coach Martin from Gallatin used to say “It’s muscle and blood time”. Where is your heart? Looking for a hard fought game as both these teams know each other.

Eers and Mondo shive us the stats of the last 10 years.

Who ya got?

My money is on The Bucs!!!

They’re 5-5 over the last 10 years, but we have a GOLD ball over that period. LoL 

Beech has won the last two meetings. 

Both teams have won games they shouldn’t have in this series.

Both teams have a lot of talent this year and know each other very well.

I will save my prediction for later in the week…

3 minutes ago, eers said:

They’re 5-5 over the last 10 years, but we have a GOLD ball over that period. LoL 

Beech has won the last two meetings. 

Both teams have won games they shouldn’t have in this series.

Both teams have a lot of talent this year and know each other very well.

I will save my prediction for later in the week…

Beech has 2 talented WR’s, a really good TE and 2 QB’s that can sling it.  Their defense has been outstanding the first 2 weeks.  For Hendersonville they need to play keep away.  They ran for 280 yards last night, most of it in the 2nd half.  That has to be their recipe for success.  

21 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Beech has 2 talented WR’s, a really good TE and 2 QB’s that can sling it.  Their defense has been outstanding the first 2 weeks.  For Hendersonville they need to play keep away.  They ran for 280 yards last night, most of it in the 2nd half.  That has to be their recipe for success.  

When was the last time Beech’s passing game was the concern for a defense? 229 yards passing in a half. Ford completed his first five passes for around 120 and a TD.  Both QBs played much better, but still made some sophomore mistakes. Long is a matchup nightmare and I have yet to see anyone be able to cover Paige one on one. I anticipate some different types of coverage this week to try to confuse the young QBs. 

Edited by eers

What could help Hville is that MJ threw it a lot in the scrimmage, Blackman threw it almost every play in the scrimmage and last night South Warren threw it a lot. Commandos have faced a lot of passes in the last month. Not great against MJ, better against Blackman and so so last night.  Can’t let Beech hit any home runs thru the air. 

9 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

What could help Hville is that MJ threw it a lot in the scrimmage, Blackman threw it almost every play in the scrimmage and last night South Warren threw it a lot. Commandos have faced a lot of passes in the last month. Not great against MJ, better against Blackman and so so last night.  Can’t let Beech hit any home runs thru the air. 

You would assume it makes things a little easier to prepare for it, but it’s certainly an offense that no one has ever seen out of Beech. When the QBs are on, it’s really difficult to cover all three. All three are big and athletic. Jolley is the smallest of the three and he’s 6’1”.

That said, Hendersonville has some threats of their own. 

2 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Memories of this rivalry

For Beech RJ Meadows beat us 2 years in a row. Halfback pass in OT for a 36-35 win and then about a 60 yd TD catch with under a minute to go to win the next year. For Hville DJ Lefeve’s 50 yd punt return with under a minute to go for a 12-7 Commando win over a Kenta Sadler-David Corlew led Buc team and then DT Cayman Russell stopping Travis Haymer on the goal line to preserve a Commando win. This shows that I am really old.  On a sad note I also remember the year that Buc kicker Nathan Johnson lost his life in an automobile accident.  Kind of put the rivalry in perspective. Looking for a good hard fought clean game. 

Sadler and Corlew were one heck of a one two punch!!  Haven’t heard them mentioned in a longtime!  

Y’all tell us about the goat on the field incident….

I don’t remember a goat (may not be old enough) but ever since i can remember this rivalry has been as heated as it gets. It seems to have calmed down a bit recently, but i remember when it used to get bad. I remember when Beech seniors would sleep overnight on the field to prevent sabotage after some kids from HHS burnt an H into the middle of the field years ago. If someone has any recollection of any of the other pranks, i’d love to hear them!