William Blount @ Heritage

Governm

9 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

Yep we left about 30 points on the field. Our QB play has been very questionable. You can't win games turning the ball over 3 or more times every game. Tonight our qb threw multiple interceptions and got strip sacked. I kept thinking I was seeing Guarantano 2.0 when I was watching the stream tonight. At some point we have to make a change even if that means moving a receiver over to QB or something. If you can't get reliable and accurate passing you might as well have a good athlete back there who can make plays with the ball in his hands.

I thought the QB was supposed to be good??Clemmer right?I'm sure his dad was the one filming GBs practices for your AD to send to TSSAA trying to get Micah to be ineligble when he had to transfer after his Grandmothers death.Maybe the chickens have came home to roost Bobby Bouche.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I thought the QB was supposed to be good??Clemmer right?I'm sure his dad was the one filming GBs practices for your AD to send to TSSAA trying to get Micah to be ineligble when he had to transfer after his Grandmothers death.Maybe the chickens have came home to roost Bobby Bouche.

They are talented kids and I blame the coaches for their deficiencies. I remember when we first saw the older brother step in against Ooltewah back in 2017. He was raw and young, but you could see potential there. He could string together a lot of really nice passes, but then he would throw an absolute duck into double or triple coverage and get picked off. We saw that until he graduated and now we are seeing it again. That's coaching. With good coaching, your players should be improving every year and not staying at the same level they were at as freshmen and sophomores.

12 hours ago, Shadroach said:

I find it humorous that "The Arrangement" is just now being discussed openly. Everybody has known of it for years. Like I've noted in previous posts Favors Are The Currency Of Playing Time. Life on the field depends on life off the field. Players are aware of it long before parents and parents know long before the casual observer but even the ones that profess ignorance and say the right things have a motive. they desire to be in the club, the movers and shakers in the hierarchy of the Booster Club. They know going against the grain will mean instant banishment. In their minds it is preferable to be bootlickers and prostitutes selling their integrity to further their social status. 

As far as football I saw players making a real effort Friday night. I saw the mistakes GreatWall pointed out and agree coaching is  part of that but I'll give a first year varsity QB the benefit of the doubt. With that said multiple interceptions in the redzone in multiple games tells me someone isn't being taught fundamentals or isn't cognitive enough to play the position. The play calling is so vanilla a soccer coach could defend against it. Hold On Shadroach you righteously protest. We kicked that teams butt! Well I concur, you did! But allow me to point out it was Heritage. It is akin to boasting your Mastiff kicked the neighbors 12 year old Cocker Spaniels tail. Not a lot to crow about. For me its one in the W column and we're on a streak. One in a row.

To whom it may concern: 

The Word Of The Day has a patent AND a copyright AND is trademarked by Mr. B. Sox on CoT please refrain from infringing on this intellectual property.

Show me a team with a losing record and most of the time you have that group just as you mentioned that better players are setting on the bench because some one has rubbed somebody in the club raw. I don't know the inside at WB as well as you do but I remember one players dad being a money man for a real estate venture with someone which I heard didn't end smoothly. I've heard other stories from credible sources but it goes on almost everywhere. If the right daddy has the power I'm telling everyone Peyton Manning wouldn't crack the lineup.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Show me a team with a losing record and most of the time you have that group just as you mentioned that better players are setting on the bench because some one has rubbed somebody in the club raw. I don't know the inside at WB as well as you do but I remember one players dad being a money man for a real estate venture with someone which I heard didn't end smoothly. I've heard other stories from credible sources but it goes on almost everywhere. If the right daddy has the power I'm telling everyone Peyton Manning wouldn't crack the lineup.

I don't know the inside at WB as well as you do ” 

Funny you mentioned that @Shadroachknows more about the inside of WB than anyone else. Care to explain? 

On 9/11/2021 at 9:46 AM, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

They are talented kids and I blame the coaches for their deficiencies. I remember when we first saw the older brother step in against Ooltewah back in 2017. He was raw and young, but you could see potential there. He could string together a lot of really nice passes, but then he would throw an absolute duck into double or triple coverage and get picked off. We saw that until he graduated and now we are seeing it again. That's coaching. With good coaching, your players should be improving every year and not staying at the same level they were at as freshmen and sophomores.

Well you seem to know quiet a bit about players and such.I wont say the kids name on here but he was a Fullback here, heard he actually made the starting rotation.He left GB because he wasnt gonna be able to play the first six weeks because he was academically ineligible.How did he get eligible so quick?I didnt hear if he played against Heritage but that also could be a problem--Possibly!I do understand that his family is close to the QBs.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Well you seem to know quiet a bit about players and such.I wont say the kids name on here but he was a Fullback here, heard he actually made the starting rotation.He left GB because he wasnt gonna be able to play the first six weeks because he was academically ineligible.How did he get eligible so quick?

He is only eligible to play JV games

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Well you seem to know quiet a bit about players and such.I wont say the kids name on here but he was a Fullback here, heard he actually made the starting rotation.He left GB because he wasnt gonna be able to play the first six weeks because he was academically ineligible.How did he get eligible so quick?I didnt hear if he played against Heritage but that also could be a problem--Possibly!I do understand that his family is close to the QBs.

He played 2nd through 4th quarter Friday played tight end and had several tackles on defense 

39 minutes ago, Thegovernorofwillyb said:

He played 2nd through 4th quarter Friday played tight end and had several tackles on defense 

Pretty sure that was not the kid in question you saw playing....the starter (Eli Turner) had a jersey get torn and they took the jersey from the kid in question and had Eli wear it.  At least that is what I was told.

• Like 1

I'm sorta curious about the freshman Maryville transfer (Cozart). Why in the world would you transfer to WB given Maryville's success? I'm guessing it's just to get more freshman/sophomore playing time on a varsity squad? But does he stand up to the hype? As a parent, I can't imagine any circumstance in which I would think he would receive better coaching at WB than at Maryville. It just doesn't seem like a wise move to me.