Who is Fairview and are they good?

WestviewAlumni

3 minutes ago, Anonymoustiger said:

Not overlooking at all, I’ve talked with @Jacketman89 abt how exciting the season finale was gonna be with these 2 teams. It’s just as safe to say that waverly is not as talented or as good as they have been in the past, nothing wrong with it. No reason for the comment to hurt feelings or be blown out of proportion.

I didn’t see any disrespect in your comment. I actually think Westview has the upper hand. It should be a great game! Good luck to both teams!

• Upvote 1

No disrespect taken here. I'm just saying it's ignorant and uninformed to assume Fairview is down. Nothing could be further from the truth. Anyone who says that is still looking at 2020. This team has all it needs to be a force. Still getting the carbureators tuned out but look out November. We nasty on the line of scrimmage both sides and it's just starting to gel. 

Safe travels to Fairview for the Chargers. Welcome! :thumb:

19 minutes ago, Swarm said:

No disrespect taken here. I'm just saying it's ignorant and uninformed to assume Fairview is down. Nothing could be further from the truth. Anyone who says that is still looking at 2020. This team has all it needs to be a force. Still getting the carbureators tuned out but look out November. We nasty on the line of scrimmage both sides and it's just starting to gel. 

Safe travels to Fairview for the Chargers. Welcome! :thumb:

Good luck the rest of this year. Can’t wait till the finale!

That’s funny.  Fairview loses a one score game to a Class 5A Top 5 Page Patriots Team and because of that they are “down”.  Posters were on here two weeks ago speaking of an 0-3/0-4 start to the season.  

A 21 point win over Creek Wood and a 14 point win over Stewart County later and they are still going through a “down” year.  

Westview is a good football program with a couple of big time players.  Waverly found this to be true the last couple of years as well (23-31 in 2020 and 25-58 in 2019) if memory serves me correctly.  I’m glad that our guys get a chance to play such good competition and know that it makes us better in the long run.  

Marahall County, Page, Creek Wood, Stewart County, Waverly, White House, White House Heritage, Martin Westview, East Nashville, Stratford, Etc, Etc.  

Those are the kinds of teams you need to measure yourself against to find out about yourself in the long run.  I’m just glad we’ve been fortunate enough to win a couple of games and get some confidence early in the season.  So many people were so excited to throw dirt on Fairview’s grave after an 0-1 start and I guess it remains true at 2-1 as well.  

Here’s to wishing Martin Westview a safe trip to the Jackets Nest on Friday night.  I hope we both get some great work out of a tough non region game next week.  At this point it’s about staying healthy and building towards a playoff run and positioning one’s self as well as possible to make a playoff run.  

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

That’s funny.  Fairview loses a one score game to a Class 5A Top 5 Page Patriots Team and because of that they are “down”.  Posters were on here two weeks ago speaking of an 0-3/0-4 start to the season.  

A 21 point win over Creek Wood and a 14 point win over Stewart County later and they are still going through a “down” year.  

Westview is a good football program with a couple of big time players.  Waverly found this to be true the last couple of years as well (23-31 in 2020 and 25-58 in 2019) if memory serves me correctly.  I’m glad that our guys get a chance to play such good competition and know that it makes us better in the long run.  

Marahall County, Page, Creek Wood, Stewart County, Waverly, White House, White House Heritage, Martin Westview, East Nashville, Stratford, Etc, Etc.  

Those are the kinds of teams you need to measure yourself against to find out about yourself in the long run.  I’m just glad we’ve been fortunate enough to win a couple of games and get some confidence early in the season.  So many people were so excited to throw dirt on Fairview’s grave after an 0-1 start and I guess it remains true at 2-1 as well.  

Here’s to wishing Martin Westview a safe trip to the Jackets Nest on Friday night.  I hope we both get some great work out of a tough non region game next week.  At this point it’s about staying healthy and building towards a playoff run and positioning one’s self as well as possible to make a playoff run.  

I’ll tell you exactly how I told swarm, and swarm and I both understood each other afterwards. Fairview is not “down” like a bad team would be. Earlier I said they were still a good team, I just said they weren’t as talented as teams they’ve had in the past, I also said the exact same thing abt waverly. Recent waverly/Fairview talent the past years is hard to come across for such a period of time. I told jacket nation no disrespect was intended, everything was understood. You would prolly know that had you actually read the thread.

12 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

All you Hohenwald fans and @BIGPURPLEMACHINE need to read this five times and evaluate yourselves and @BIGPURPLEMACHINE go crawl back under that rock you slimed out from under! Lol

Edited by Pizzpatriot2