Brentwood @ Henry County

BigRed88

Hats off to Brentwood for the comeback win. #11 is an absolute stud on offense. 

I didn't like our approach in the 2nd half. You would've thought we were up 42-0 by some of the play calling, but I'm not going to complain about it much, we were trying to shorten the game, and that's one of the main reasons we were able to beat them 2 years ago. Brentwood's D deserves all due credit for shutting HC down in the 2nd half and getting the stops they needed. 

I still think this HC team is getting better and should, should, make a pretty strong run the rest of the way.     

10 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Hats off to Brentwood for the comeback win. #11 is an absolute stud on offense. 

I didn't like our approach in the 2nd half. You would've thought we were up 42-0 by some of the play calling, but I'm not going to complain about it much, we were trying to shorten the game, and that's one of the main reasons we were able to beat them 2 years ago. Brentwood's D deserves all due credit for shutting HC down in the 2nd half and getting the stops they needed. 

I still think this HC team is getting better and should, should, make a pretty strong run the rest of the way.     

Hard to believe that for  those teams that started the season in week zero, next week will be there 5th game and the season will be halfway over

1 minute ago, TheCommissioner said:

Hard to believe that for  those teams that started the season in week zero, next week will be there 5th game and the season will be halfway over

Flies by every year, Commish. 

I just hope these early season struggles pay off for our team down the road. I know we all had high hopes for this bunch just to be sitting at 1-3. I guess some of that is on us fans' for maybe having some overzealous expectations though (I know I did). I honestly didn't realize how young we would be this season. Even our "seasoned" guys are mostly juniors.  

7 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Flies by every year, Commish. 

I just hope these early season struggles pay off for our team down the road. I know we all had high hopes for this bunch just to be sitting at 1-3. I guess some of that is on us fans' for maybe having some overzealous expectations though (I know I did). I honestly didn't realize how young we would be this season. Even our "seasoned" guys are mostly juniors.  

Couldn't agree more. I had very high expectations for this group. Coming into the season I didnt really expect to beat Summit, but I did think we would beat Beech. Also thought we would beat Brentwood since they lost their QB, WR, and head coach. I will just come out and say it, Cole Townsend is our only hope at RB. Once he got injured we didn't do anything running the football. I have not been impressed all year by Zamariyon at RB and thats really disappointing for me to say. I thought he would be an absolute stud at RB. What production has Caden Marshall provided on offense? Thats another kid I thought would do special things for us offensively, whether it was from the QB or WR position. I guess in my head I had this offense looking totally different than what is actually happening in reality. Maybe majority of it is youth and most all the kids haven't learned how to win the big games yet. Hopefully they will later in this season or next year. 

Edited by BigRed88