Alcoa

vandyfan1

20 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

100% agree. Alcoa already plays 5A, 6A and DII teams with their out of region games. Go look at the schedule the last 10 years. But, need to move to 4A. Greeneville and Besty need some company. :thumb:

I’d love to see you guys make the trip to Nashville next year to play a game against Lipscomb. Coach Dilfer has proved he will schedule the best anytime and anywhere. I’d personally make the short drive over to Lipscomb to watch that game. Oakland, Father Ryan, Riverdale, CPA, and Summit would be great matchups too. Only game I could see Alcoa being at a real disadvantage would be Oakland. Lipscomb and CPA would be extremely tough but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Alcoa beat any of the teams i mentioned with the exception being Oakland. Just wIshful thinking for you guys to make a trip down here.  

2 hours ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

I’d love to see you guys make the trip to Nashville next year to play a game against Lipscomb. Coach Dilfer has proved he will schedule the best anytime and anywhere. I’d personally make the short drive over to Lipscomb to watch that game. Oakland, Father Ryan, Riverdale, CPA, and Summit would be great matchups too. Only game I could see Alcoa being at a real disadvantage would be Oakland. Lipscomb and CPA would be extremely tough but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Alcoa beat any of the teams i mentioned with the exception being Oakland. Just wIshful thinking for you guys to make a trip down here.  

CPA was ask about a regular season game against Alcoa. CPA could not make it happen.

Alcoa has traveled to Blackman, and now Cookeville the last couple of years. Then trips to Dobbyns Bennett the same year was a lot of travel.

Alcoa has played CPA, DCA, Lipscomb and Goodpasture for the championship with great success.

Edited by BCsportsfan

44 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

CPA was ask about a regular season game against Alcoa. CPA could not make it happen.

Alcoa has traveled to Blackman, and now Cookeville the last couple of years. Then trips to Dobbyns Bennett the same year was a lot of travel.

Alcoa has played CPA, DCA, Lipscomb and Goodpasture for the championship with great success.

I recall it. I just am hopeful for them coming to middle Tennessee as that’s where I live and I always enjoy when teams like you all come down to play!

3 hours ago, chs1984 said:

If you’re afraid to play the games, you really need to have enough character to drop your football program. Frankly 1/4 to 1/3 of the high schools in Tennessee would be better off dropping football. It’s nothing but throwing good money after bad. 

It’s funny to hear someone say that. High school Football is about the kids and learning life lessons whether it be wining or losing. It’s about the kids. People like you are what make people dislike some of the higher classified schools. Try having some class because when the colleges look for athletes, they could care less if you have 500 or 5000 kids that go to your school. Which is what determines the classification of each school. Once again it’s about the kids.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

It’s funny to hear someone say that. High school Football is about the kids and learning life lessons whether it be wining or losing. It’s about the kids. People like you are what make people dislike some of the higher classified schools. Try having some class because when the colleges look for athletes, they could care less if you have 500 or 5000 kids that go to your school. Which is what determines the classification of each school. Once again it’s about the kids.

I have been a part of programs that won multiple state championships, and have been a part of programs that finished 1-9 in my 40 years in high school football. “The Kids” are exactly why some of these programs need to be shut down! Nothing good comes from getting your skull bashed in 10 times a year! Can you name a single kid from; Sullivan East, Cocke Co., Glencliff, Lookout Valley, Heritage, Lenoir City, Union Co., Hillwood, Cumberland Co., I could type all day,that ever received a college scholarship to play football? Plus, there are just as many wretched programs in the large classes as there are in the small ones. 

41 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

I have been a part of programs that won multiple state championships, and have been a part of programs that finished 1-9 in my 40 years in high school football. “The Kids” are exactly why some of these programs need to be shut down! Nothing good comes from getting your skull bashed in 10 times a year! Can you name a single kid from; Sullivan East, Cocke Co., Glencliff, Lookout Valley, Heritage, Lenoir City, Union Co., Hillwood, Cumberland Co., I could type all day,that ever received a college scholarship to play football? Plus, there are just as many wretched programs in the large classes as there are in the small ones. 

If the kids enjoy the game, have a good man leading them, have a sense of belonging to a group, and stay out of negative environments through football...guess what? Winning or scholarships are icing on the cake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2