AC Mavericks Visit Undefeated and 4-0 South Doyle Cherokees In A major conference Match Up for Week #5 BBBTV12 Live

Mavericksinflight

4 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Picking SD. 
one of your excuses is to young. Veteran teams have 4 more games under their belt as well. Second excuse no depth. Can’t fix that, because your games are catch up and young kids don’t get on the field.

3rd speed, you probably have couple of relatively fast guys, BUT you don’t have team spead or track level speed.

4th, we use to argue schedules. Yours was very soft. Now it’s tough. It’s the grind. And that is tough on any team.

You have given obvious examples. But based on what I see and IMO the Mavericks should unless something changes by Friday night, should win this game. I feel confident after 4 tough games under the Mavs belt the experience attained the high powered offense and just as simple as they have the talent and will be so hungry Friday night nothing will stop the Mavs from being 2-0 in region. Everyone has opinion but that is mine lol... Can't wait to see this game! :)

Edited by Mavericksinflight

10 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

You have given obvious examples. But based on what I see and IMO the Mavericks should unless something changes by Friday night, should win this game. I feel confident after 4 tough games under the Mavs belt the experience attained the high powered offense and just as simple as they have the talent and will be so hungry Friday night nothing will stop the Mavs from being 2-0 in region. Everyone has opinion but that is mine lol... Can't wait to see this game! :)

Picking SD but pulling for the Mava. Good luck.

7 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I know I know. Just can't see what your seeing and I see something totally different...lol but this exactly why neither one of us are coaching. 

I’m old, 67. You did listen to old hickory and believed everything. I like you Mav, and enjoy giving you relatively reliable reports. I was a school administrator for 16 miserable years. I was allowed to coach football for 24 years at TN High back in their hay days, Greeneville High and Briarcrest Christian. Always think LOS. Games won and lost.

43 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

I’m old, 67. You did listen to old hickory and believed everything. I like you Mav, and enjoy giving you relatively reliable reports. I was a school administrator for 16 miserable years. I was allowed to coach football for 24 years at TN High back in their hay days, Greeneville High and Briarcrest Christian. Always think LOS. Games won and lost.

Wow!! Noonesfool impressed!! I 62 Kicker ( Do not laugh) punted for Liberty U but was Liberty College then but tore knee. 24 years dang!!! Can't see you being Mav Fan!

Edited by Mavericksinflight

34 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Wow!! Noonesfool impressed!! I 62 Kicker ( Do not laugh) punted for Liberty U but was Liberty College then but tore knee. 24 years dang!!! Can't see you being Mav Fan!

Listen up Mav (Coaching Voice LOL) I thought the AC Coach was one of the toughest rb’s I saw when I coached. He made some good Devil teams look soft. Great Stadium, fine folks when I was a principal and visited.

I was the starting punter in jr. high, 8th grade in 1967. I took the snap 3 times and froze every time. 3 blocks. Life lesson, you might be the best in practice but not necessarily the best under fire. SO I really respect you as a punter.

I would love the Mavs to get to the Devils in the playoffs. I hope we smash you all but pulling for AC till then.

Edited by noonesfool

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

Listen up Mav (Coaching Voice LOL) I thought the AC Coach was one of the toughest rb’s I saw when I coached. He made some good Devil teams look soft. Great Stadium, fine folks when I was a principal and visited.

I was the starting punter in jr. high, 8th grade in 1967. I took the snap 3 times and froze every time. 3 blocks. Life lesson, you might be the best in practice but not necessarily the best under fire. SO I really respect you as a punter.

I would love the Mavs to get to the Devils in the playoffs. I hope we smash you all but pulling for AC till then.

1 hour ago, KEV-O said:

You don't wanna run into Noonesfool on the wrestling mat also Mav lol. 

LoL...Thanks Noones... yeah I never missed any of Nephews games. He was tough and has a great disposition as a person.

Kev...I bet you are right has a very impressive resume to boot !! Deep respect for his perseverence in the school system as well. Thats a nut to crack in itself.

Sorry, I didn't realize I would be missed.  No-one replied much to my summer posts, but the CoachT crew has come alive as the Mavs have lost some close games.  I have attended the 4 games, and I am not unimpressed with Mavericks.  The kids have given all they have.  The coaches seem to have a great game plan and  it is executed for the most part. 

The Powell game was probably the best game they have put together.  They hit big plays and drove the football, running and passing for almost the whole game. Hats off to Powell's players  for finding a way to win that game.   I think I heard Coach Lowe say his team would face a more multiple offense than the one they faced from AC.   300 + yards passing

Science Hill was another great game to watch.  The Mavs jumped out to a 2 TD lead, and Science Hills Coaches found a pass play that the mavs never picked up on and lost the lead.  Science Hill did a great job of holding the lead when they got it.  300 + yards passing

Fulton started the game off with an 80 yard fake punt for a TD, and the Mavs roared back with a balanced attack to win that game.  I saw the Mavericks use a balanced attack in that game as well and the defense stopped the big plays from happening. 300+ yards passing

The Mavs opened a can up at Rhea County with 20-0 lead in the first, only to let Rhea take the second quarter ball away and run the clock to 2 touchdowns, and then take the opening drive in to take the lead 21-20.  Mavs responded well, scored again, but lost the possession time again to Rhea.  Hats off to the their coach for keeping the ball away from AC.  I don't think its depth, kids or coaches.  I think they have played 4 really good football teams, and lost three of them. No excuses, just lost the game.  I think they had over 300 yards passing.  

RB Noe has rushed for almost 700 according to 5 star.  So the offense is clicking.  The defense is giving up the points, but they are not a bad group.  They make plays.  It just hasn't been enough to win the three games they have lost. SD is another great opponent.  Last year, it came down to the last play of the game. SD RB Gary reached the ball over the line for 2 pts, or SD loses that game. Great play by a heads up football player. 

Get your tickets early for this years game.  I expect it to be another shootout for the front runner for the region championship.