AC Mavericks Visit Undefeated and 4-0 South Doyle Cherokees In A major conference Match Up for Week #5 BBBTV12 Live

Mavericksinflight

8 hours ago, olhickory said:

Sorry, I didn't realize I would be missed.  No-one replied much to my summer posts, but the CoachT crew has come alive as the Mavs have lost some close games.  I have attended the 4 games, and I am not unimpressed with Mavericks.  The kids have given all they have.  The coaches seem to have a great game plan and  it is executed for the most part. 

The Powell game was probably the best game they have put together.  They hit big plays and drove the football, running and passing for almost the whole game. Hats off to Powell's players  for finding a way to win that game.   I think I heard Coach Lowe say his team would face a more multiple offense than the one they faced from AC.   300 + yards passing

Science Hill was another great game to watch.  The Mavs jumped out to a 2 TD lead, and Science Hills Coaches found a pass play that the mavs never picked up on and lost the lead.  Science Hill did a great job of holding the lead when they got it.  300 + yards passing

Fulton started the game off with an 80 yard fake punt for a TD, and the Mavs roared back with a balanced attack to win that game.  I saw the Mavericks use a balanced attack in that game as well and the defense stopped the big plays from happening. 300+ yards passing

The Mavs opened a can up at Rhea County with 20-0 lead in the first, only to let Rhea take the second quarter ball away and run the clock to 2 touchdowns, and then take the opening drive in to take the lead 21-20.  Mavs responded well, scored again, but lost the possession time again to Rhea.  Hats off to the their coach for keeping the ball away from AC.  I don't think its depth, kids or coaches.  I think they have played 4 really good football teams, and lost three of them. No excuses, just lost the game.  I think they had over 300 yards passing.  

RB Noe has rushed for almost 700 according to 5 star.  So the offense is clicking.  The defense is giving up the points, but they are not a bad group.  They make plays.  It just hasn't been enough to win the three games they have lost. SD is another great opponent.  Last year, it came down to the last play of the game. SD RB Gary reached the ball over the line for 2 pts, or SD loses that game. Great play by a heads up football player. 

Get your tickets early for this years game.  I expect it to be another shootout for the front runner for the region championship.  

Good positive post Hickory and your post or lack of are always missed. Great observation. I do think we can do better and I think we are again this year better than our record. But I feel this is behind us now and in my opinion the Mavs season starts Friday Night and we go into the SD game undefeated 1-0 Region play. So the Mavs can hold there heads up and bring home a win against undefeated SD. 

Go Mavs!

Ok my midweek opinion (IMO) belief... SD will utilize #21 #13 more than just run. Screen pass out of back field and misdirection run but something major AC will need to watch is they will sneak send 21 Straight center out of backfield for the deep pass. Gary does have an uncanny way of stopping and starting with great field vision. AC can't wait for him to make a move but execute when we see him without thinking. He gets most of his yards when he stops and goes the opposite direction of the field and of course missed tackles. SD is really good in middle secondary against pass, the best I have seen lately . We will have to adjust our short routs or pic 6 will come. A couple of good notes is Noe should have a fun night with SD and good luck to SD punter being able to get that punt off. 

Mavs take this one 42-28! Again in my opinion and we all have one lol...haha

Thursday recap! It appears most of SD points come in 4 the quarter and they have worn defenses down. Hopefully it does not happen again. #21/84 Gary does get plenty rest breaks then #13 and #21 finish off the opponents defense in 4th. This is not a good picture for the Mavs. However based on our previous opponents played and talent I do not see this happening again in this game. 

Go Mavs! Perseverence, endurance and a heart to win.

Don't know how this one will go! South Doyle will have the best defense Anderson Co. has seen to this point in the season, but at the same time AC will have the best offense SD has seen. Noe is tough but may get used too much against this defense. Gary does seem to get stronger as the game goes. He just doesn't run out of gas, which might give SD the slight edge. I think it's close either way.

Is this the week that AC finally finishes? They've led in every game this season by double-digits, but were only able to put away Fulton (the Falcons had to play their starters for 48 min in a blowout against Gibbs last night because they are so thin). SD will be content to grind this one out, or even trail in the second half (like they did vs. Bearden, OR, and Grace). In each of those games, they absolutely took over in the 4th quarter.

AC might prove me wrong, but until they do, SD wins it in the 4th quarter. Give me SD by a TD.

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Is this the week that AC finally finishes? They've led in every game this season by double-digits, but were only able to put away Fulton (the Falcons had to play their starters for 48 min in a blowout against Gibbs last night because they are so thin). SD will be content to grind this one out, or even trail in the second half (like they did vs. Bearden, OR, and Grace). In each of those games, they absolutely took over in the 4th quarter.

AC might prove me wrong, but until they do, SD wins it in the 4th quarter. Give me SD by a TD.

3 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Don't know how this one will go! South Doyle will have the best defense Anderson Co. has seen to this point in the season, but at the same time AC will have the best offense SD has seen. Noe is tough but may get used too much against this defense. Gary does seem to get stronger as the game goes. He just doesn't run out of gas, which might give SD the slight edge. I think it's close either way.

If it means anything and it does to me. I watched all SD films except Scott. They wear opponents thin and SD trail almost until the 4th even last year game they trailed to 4 with AC. Gary is replaced often for breaks so true he gets stronger as the night goes on. Noe. should have his way and so some wearing down is SD as last year but more experienced as a Junior. Gary did not do much against Bearded in 1 st half nor did Bearded with SD. Then SD just gracefully pounded the rock. Well again AC is going to score heavily in 1st and 2nd. 3rd and especially 4th SD will come alive and play there best. If our defense can hang tight and if they have picked up some endurance and experience we should do well. If they start going backwards on defense in 4th we know the story. So I think The Mavs should score at least 42 to win and give SD 28-31 at best if the Mavs play there best game of the year. Which it will take it. No interceptions because the Pic six one you could say last year is what really beat us. Lost by 1 point. This one will  blow my mind if we lose. We have such a good defence 1st half and good offence 1 st half. Our defense plays like a champion and we did last year. But more so last year we played 4 quarters. I think it's time to step up and grow up and play like we can for 4 quarters and come home 2-0 and Proud!

Edited by Mavericksinflight

I think AC will start strong and build a lead 1st half. AC Defense is not last years Defense they lost a lot of good players from last year team. So I’m hopeful AC can hang on to the lead and win this game. This is a huge game for both teams. I think this will be the best defense AC has seen this year.

47 minutes ago, Space3 said:

I think AC will start strong and build a lead 1st half. AC Defense is not last years Defense they lost a lot of good players from last year team. So I’m hopeful AC can hang on to the lead and win this game. This is a huge game for both teams. I think this will be the best defense AC has seen this year.

Space3 Very likely best defense. But I am thinking they have better pass defense than any team AC seen. I am thinking however they should have a lot of trouble with Noe. Most 5A and 6A have had some trouble. I am like maybe your thinking the late 3rd and 4rh is when the SD could begin. May start out Early but our defense done well early except Powell. Hopefully we pull ahead hold it and keep this from being a shootout. Who knows Great Game tonight!

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Space3 Very likely best defense. But I am thinking they have better pass defense than any team AC seen. I am thinking however they should have a lot of trouble with Noe. Most 5A and 6A have had some trouble. I am like maybe your thinking the late 3rd and 4rh is when the SD could begin. May start out Early but our defense done well early except Powell. Hopefully we pull ahead hold it and keep this from being a shootout. Who knows Great Game tonight!

I agree, we got to win this game.

• Upvote 1