Clay County Travels to the Land of Black Smoke

OldTownRoad

Watched JoByrns wreck RBS a couple of weeks ago. They have better athletes this season than the last few across the board. As usual they are well coached and execute effectively. I think the game will be closer than a lot of Clay fans believe but I think Clay out athletes JoByrns in the end. Just to many players across the board. JoByrns stadium should be rocking as I have seen it in the past. Best chance is Clay QB, freshman, gets overconfident and performs poorly. 

CC wins this one.  We just don't have it again this year.  I think we're better than last year but not enough to make a difference.  Don't expect a big crowd.  Community support is down when you aren't winning.  I keep thinking we'll rebound with another run of talent but it's just not happening.  I thought we'd be pretty solid these next few years but  some of the talent left and it looks like more of the same.  We'll be back at some point but not this year.

• Like 1

2015 CCHS 0 Jo Byrns 38 Loss -38
2016 CCHS 0 Jo Byrns 43 Loss -43
2017 CCHS 6 Jo Byrns 27 Loss -21
2018 CCHS 20 Jo Byrns 39 Loss -19
2019 CCHS 16 Jo Byrns 8 Win 8
2020 CCHS 48 Jo Byrns 7 Win 41

There's no doubt that Clay is the favorite in this one, however, they have never had a dominant win at Jo Byrns.  The 2020 game was in Celina.  Jo Byrns is much improved it seems from last year, but I think they'll have difficulty putting together sustained drives against the Dawg defense.  You'll find nothing but respect for Coach Tom Atkins coming out of Celina though, everyone understands that whether they've got a lot of talent this year or not, Jo Byrns will be prepared and well coached throughout the game.  On a bright note, win, lose, or draw, both of these teams are already in the playoffs.  I think Jo Byrns (if they finish 3rd or better) will be a 2nd Round team this year.  

The bulldogs came in and out hustled, out played and simply put a whooping on my Devils at home !

I hate to lose but glad to see a team just a few short years ago almost shut down the football program to actually become a playoff contender,,The bulldogs may not wow you with size but let me tell you something, they are gunna stay with their blocks to the whistle, multiple times the smaller bulldog lineman were driving some devils in the ground ! Defensive pursuit was outstanding ! 4th qtr the dogs looked just as fresh as the opening kickoff !

congrats to the bulldogs and your community ! Coaches, you guys are doing an awesome job !

4 minutes ago, Jbalumni81 said:

The bulldogs came in and out hustled, out played and simply put a whooping on my Devils at home !

I hate to lose but glad to see a team just a few short years ago almost shut down the football program to actually become a playoff contender,,The bulldogs may not wow you with size but let me tell you something, they are gunna stay with their blocks to the whistle, multiple times the smaller bulldog lineman were driving some devils in the ground ! Defensive pursuit was outstanding ! 4th qtr the dogs looked just as fresh as the opening kickoff !

congrats to the bulldogs and your community ! Coaches, you guys are doing an awesome job !

Sounds like they are coached well!