Marion @ Bledsoe

TheTruthPrevails

24 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

MC lost to a better team in Bledsoe last year. Sometimes you just have to say it. We had our chance no doubt. Throwing an int in the end zone on a 1st and goal. Had Bledsoe on a 3rd and long and they throw out of their own endzone and get it down to inside the 5 and then score. Multiple missed opportunities that I believe stemmed from a 2 week covid layoff. That very well could be a factor tom night. 

People seem to forget that Bledsoe went undefeated and lost by a TD to Trousdale in the playoffs who Meigs only beat by 3 to go to the title game.

Last year's game won't have a thing to do with the kids that line up tom night. I believe the coaches have a pretty good game plan for Bledsoe. Just have to execute it. May start out sloppy from being off 2 weeks but they will play hard till the horn sounds. Always do.

Good post PP68! I like it when people keep it real!

Edited by Wildcard1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

MC lost to a better team in Bledsoe last year. Sometimes you just have to say it. We had our chance no doubt. Throwing an int in the end zone on a 1st and goal. Had Bledsoe on a 3rd and long and they throw out of their own endzone and get it down to inside the 5 and then score. Multiple missed opportunities that I believe stemmed from a 2 week covid layoff. That very well could be a factor tom night. 

People seem to forget that Bledsoe went undefeated and lost by a TD to Trousdale in the playoffs who Meigs only beat by 3 to go to the title game.

Last year's game won't have a thing to do with the kids that line up tom night. I believe the coaches have a pretty good game plan for Bledsoe. Just have to execute it. May start out sloppy from being off 2 weeks but they will play hard till the horn sounds. Always do.

Trousdale managed to pull us offsides nearly every other drive. The fact we scored 16 on them considering our penalties is a testament to how good our offense actually was. The game was well in hand going into the 4th quarter and they started passing. For whatever reason we never adjusted and let them drive and score on us twice doing the same plays. Hats off to Trousdale and their coaching that game it was top notch, but the score had the game much closer than it actually was really. Not a knock on Trousdsale at all and they may see it differently. But that's what I saw anyhow.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Yeti said:

Trousdale managed to pull us offsides nearly every other drive. The fact we scored 16 on them considering our penalties is a testament to how good our offense actually was. The game was well in hand going into the 4th quarter and they started passing. For whatever reason we never adjusted and let them drive and score on us twice doing the same plays. Hats off to Trousdale and their coaching that game it was top notch, but the score had the game much closer than it actually was really. Not a knock on Trousdsale at all and they may see it differently. But that's what I saw anyhow.

I didn’t know the details of the game. I was just going by the final score. A lot of times the scoreboard doesn't really tell the story. I just know that Bledsoe was a very good team last year and most don't remember that evidently.

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

I didn’t know the details of the game. I was just going by the final score. A lot of times the scoreboard doesn't really tell the story. I just know that Bledsoe was a very good team last year and most don't remember that evidently.

Don't get me wrong Trousdale was good last year no doubt. But I believe we were the much better team had we just made the right adjustments when we needed too. The offsides thing really killed our momentum. I believe Bledsoe is also very good and I think you guys are too. I'm anxious to see how this one turns out. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Yeti said:

Don't get me wrong Trousdale was good last year no doubt. But I believe we were the much better team had we just made the right adjustments when we needed too. The offsides thing really killed our momentum. I believe Bledsoe is also very good and I think you guys are too. I'm anxious to see how this one turns out. 

@Yeti  who ya picking? Score predictions?

3 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

@Yeti  who ya picking? Score predictions?

I'm fairly confident Marion has kept certain players out of the spot light purposefully In  order to surprise some teams. Mainly Bledsoe as it's a very important game, you can't afford to hold back in a game like this. If that's the case Marion probably has a beast of a team and have been held back by play calling and using money players at odd positions. On the other hand if Marion hasn't been doing that they will fall flat and do it early from what I've read from their faithful. I've watched Bledsoe against York and Sweetwater. They have a potent offense and will be hard for most teams to stop consistently. Only weakness that I saw and its not really a weakness is their defense. Just not as good as their defense was last year I believe. That being said, I'd say Bledsoe wins 28 to 21. I haven't seen Marion, so this is an uneducated guess. Good luck to both teams.

6 hours ago, Yeti said:

I'm fairly confident Marion has kept certain players out of the spot light purposefully In  order to surprise some teams. Mainly Bledsoe as it's a very important game, you can't afford to hold back in a game like this. If that's the case Marion probably has a beast of a team and have been held back by play calling and using money players at odd positions. On the other hand if Marion hasn't been doing that they will fall flat and do it early from what I've read from their faithful. I've watched Bledsoe against York and Sweetwater. They have a potent offense and will be hard for most teams to stop consistently. Only weakness that I saw and its not really a weakness is their defense. Just not as good as their defense was last year I believe. That being said, I'd say Bledsoe wins 28 to 21. I haven't seen Marion, so this is an uneducated guess. Good luck to both teams.

I would agree with you.  My question about Bledsoe would be depth.  In both their games you mentioned, it seems like the second half they kinda were worn down as the game went on.  Does that mean they don't use a lot of players or not in great shape?  Marion is the type team that will lean on you as the game wears on.  A lot of big linemen and play a brand of power football.  If we can keep it close in the first half we might have a chance to pull the upset in the second half.  Like I have said, we will learn a lot about our team and coaches after tonight.   Do we have a chance in the postseason, or is the first or second round our ceiling.  21-13 bc

2 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I would agree with you.  My question about Bledsoe would be depth.  In both their games you mentioned, it seems like the second half they kinda were worn down as the game went on.  Does that mean they don't use a lot of players or not in great shape?  Marion is the type team that will lean on you as the game wears on.  A lot of big linemen and play a brand of power football.  If we can keep it close in the first half we might have a chance to pull the upset in the second half.  Like I have said, we will learn a lot about our team and coaches after tonight.   Do we have a chance in the postseason, or is the first or second round our ceiling.  21-13 bc

If you have the game close at the half you will win. Gotta survive the tempo and keep it close until then though.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Like last year? Lost 19-0??   At home??

Anyone that was there last year will tell you that the game was closer than that score shows. We had some chances to score and did not do it. These kiddos will be resilient just like they always are. They get that from our coaches. They are all amazing. I would like to go watch these kiddos play tonight. I believe the big MC will win this time. We have had 3 weeks to get ready for this game. I know we will have some new plays that will score some this year. I do not think Coach Pruitt will run the same plays again this year. Good luck to night kiddos. As always it is a great day to be a warrior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MarionMadness said:

Anyone that was there last year will tell you that the game was closer than that score shows. We had some chances to score and did not do it. These kiddos will be resilient just like they always are. They get that from our coaches. They are all amazing. I would like to go watch these kiddos play tonight. I believe the big MC will win this time. We have had 3 weeks to get ready for this game. I know we will have some new plays that will score some this year. I do not think Coach Pruitt will run the same plays again this year. Good luck to night kiddos. As always it is a great day to be a warrior.

Gonna be a battle to see who the real warriors are.   Tough physical battle with some hard hitting is in store tonight. Keep us updated tonight