Top 6A takes on top DivII-AA when Oakland Host Lipscomb Academy

Blaze45

27 minutes ago, FridayFootballFan said:

Food for thought to help you make your prediction

Oakland 31 - 13 over Madison Ridge Academy (MRA)

Pulaski Academy 63-39 over MRA

Lipscomb Academy 64-28 over Pulaski Academy

so, I think LA can score, but I will say Oakland by 7

Looks like the defense is marginal at best in the private games.   

20 hours ago, TSSAAdaddy said:

Oh he does. Connections with great talent, college coaches and high school coaches. And most parts of it can be "legit". Anyway looking forward to seeing Buck's recruits against Dilfer's recruits.

From his post on Volquest he seems more attached to the LA kids than Oakland’s. Being from Nashville and playing at Pearl-Cohn, I would have thought he was more of a recruiter for the Nashville schools. But he send Creasy a lot of players?? He also gives LA the slight edge in this game.  

2 hours ago, FridayFootballFan said:

Food for thought to help you make your prediction

Oakland 31 - 13 over Madison Ridge Academy (MRA)

Pulaski Academy 63-39 over MRA

Lipscomb Academy 64-28 over Pulaski Academy

so, I think LA can score, but I will say Oakland by 7

I would assume that LA and Pulaski Arkansas both run up tempo passing attacks.  LA will have to score on every possession to have a chance because Oakland will be running some clock chewing  ground and pound offense and they will certainly put points on the board.

1 hour ago, DealLawyer said:

From his post on Volquest he seems more attached to the LA kids than Oakland’s. Being from Nashville and playing at Pearl-Cohn, I would have thought he was more of a recruiter for the Nashville schools. But he send Creasy a lot of players?? He also gives LA the slight edge in this game.  

The two best skilled players in the private school metro, UGA and Miami commits transfer and end up at the same high school. I will still take Buck's recruits over Dilfer's. 

51 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

I would assume that LA and Pulaski Arkansas both run up tempo passing attacks.  LA will have to score on every possession to have a chance because Oakland will be running some clock chewing  ground and pound offense and they will certainly put points on the board.

The one thing I would say is that everyone is sleeping on LA's defense.  It is legit.  11 starters that only play defense except for #80.  He plays a little TE.  They are big up front and linebackers are good sized as well.  LA may get beat but I think it won't be because the are out physicaled but because they just get outplayed....semantics maybe, but Lipscomb matches up well with any team from a size standpoint.....my 2 cents. 

9 minutes ago, TTate said:

The one thing I would say is that everyone is sleeping on LA's defense.  It is legit.  11 starters that only play defense except for #80.  He plays a little TE.  They are big up front and linebackers are good sized as well.  LA may get beat but I think it won't be because the are out physicaled but because they just get outplayed....semantics maybe, but Lipscomb matches up well with any team from a size standpoint.....my 2 cents. 

You are the very first person to even mention the defense in any detail that I can recall since the thread started.  I certainly haven't slept on them but just didn't know anything about them.  From a size standpoint I really didn't think Oakland would have a great advantage if any at all.  What Oakland has on defense is great speed and lots of depth.  I've seen lots of teams hang with Oakland for a quarter or maybe even into the second quarter a little but then Oaklands depth will kick in.   

Looking for a good competitive game but I do think Oakland in the end will win by 21.