Top 6A takes on top DivII-AA when Oakland Host Lipscomb Academy

Blaze45

1 hour ago, TTate said:

not sure what we're doing tonight...1st real away game this year (FRA doesn't count since it was right down the street).  I'm not a big fan of it though...seems silly to me

Yeah, not sure what the advantage would be. Maybe distracting to the other team if their opponent has not show up 10 minutes before kick off, I guess…

1 hour ago, TTate said:

not sure what we're doing tonight...1st real away game this year (FRA doesn't count since it was right down the street).  I'm not a big fan of it though...seems silly to me

It really does seem silly.   I would think you would want your kids to get some type of feel for the turf, surroundings etc but hey, whatever works.   I can almost see the stadium lights from my house so tell em they can use my backyard.   Grass needs cutting though.   And look out for the dog poop

Does the fire marshall or anyone limit the number ot tickets sold. If so, OHS kids will get in. I remember last year when they were limited to 25% capacity, as soon as the National Anthem was over, I heard a fence rattling. I was on the back row on the visitors side, and it looked like a scene out of children of the corn or something! The woods were moving and kids were vaulting over the fence. Some of the most athletic moves I've seen in a long time. About 30-40 students cleared that fence in about 30-45 seconds. Then they calmly walked around the track to the OHS side. Those kids knew how to get inside Ray Hughes. 

On my first trip there in 2014, they left the back gate open. I think they noticed it about halftime after we had tweeted about it. 

Edited by Red Rebels
  • Upvote 1