So the ship lost it's captain????

CougarDadx2

9 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

He said in the beginning this was his dream job being an alumni from SP.  He said it has nothing to do with the money.  He just was happy to be back and had all these huge expectations and ideas for the community.  So I don’t think he left because of pay.  I think he realized how small of a program we really are and the funds to do things he wanted just weren’t there.  He or someone ran off our best fundraiser guy.  A program like ours can’t survive on just selling apparel and 1 raffle.  If you want to ride to away games in a nice charter bus, have pre-game and post-game meals, it’s gonna cost at least $3000-$5000 each away game and then probably near the same for home games because you gotta buy all the paint for the field.  And you all remember there were a lot of folks wanted Brad Waggoner, including Vic Grider, to get the job and not Chris.  If those folks were some of our biggest donators and volunteers, I’m willing to bet a lot of that extra help disappeared.  Not to mention Covid.  I’m mad, very mad, but I’m also the type to give a person the chance to explain their actions.  Just pray for these kids that whoever takes over will guide them, mentor them, and Coach them on and off the field.  

Excellent take on the situation PM.

1 hour ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Drop your biggest rival from the schedule and schedule Oakland. What an idiot.

So cancel a very rich tradition game that not only was a top rivalry game that was one of the tops in the state and schedule a top 25 team in the nation that seriously, that game we have no business playing, just to show that we're not scared or was it to make a Coach feel big?  Just ask yourselves that question. 

6 minutes ago, sportman said:

So cancel a very rich tradition game that not only was a top rivalry game that was one of the tops in the state and schedule a top 25 team in the nation that seriously, that game we have no business playing, just to show that we're not scared or was it to make a Coach feel big?  Just ask yourselves that question. 

Poor choice to say the VERY least. May be a good thing he left.

18 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Rankin will retire and draw his pension and if he wants to coach he will go to the privates so he can double dip and recruit.

No dog in this, but the Rankin retirement rumors come up every year. IMO, if he were going to do the private thing, he had a golden opportunity to get the Knoxville Catholic job (Rankin is Roman Catholic) a few years back and turned it down. He wouldn’t even have had to move. As for the SP mess, I was a part of two different programs where the HC resigned one week prior to the start of fall practice. It’s not an easy road to go down.