Peabody @ Lake Co

shockernation

41 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

The Greenfield coach on coaches corner this morning was not very happy playing Peabody last night. He said Peabody is making 1A no fun. My take on it is Peabody was put in 1A due to enrollment and that's the way it is. To me instead of complaining you need to try and get your team up to their level. Complaining about it is not going to get your kids any better. LC has been successful over the years because they have always played bigger schools. It's fine and dandy beating up on other small schools to rack up wins but if you want to compete on the state level then you better be able to play with teams like Peabody. Playing Peabody will make LC better. The difference is Lake County goes into a game like Peabody thinking they will win while other small 1A schools are beat before they get off the bus. LC welcomes the challenge.

Great Post

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

The Greenfield coach on coaches corner this morning was not very happy playing Peabody last night. He said Peabody is making 1A no fun. My take on it is Peabody was put in 1A due to enrollment and that's the way it is. To me instead of complaining you need to try and get your team up to their level. Complaining about it is not going to get your kids any better. LC has been successful over the years because they have always played bigger schools. It's fine and dandy beating up on other small schools to rack up wins but if you want to compete on the state level then you better be able to play with teams like Peabody. Playing Peabody will make LC better. The difference is Lake County goes into a game like Peabody thinking they will win while other small 1A schools are beat before they get off the bus. LC welcomes the challenge.

Amen! I may be different than everyone else but if we win or lose I wanna play the best. Single A is so watered down it makes a week like this fun…win lose or draw

53 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Where is this coaches corner? Is it viewable anywhere !? 

7 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Where is this coaches corner? Is it viewable anywhere !? 

Thunderboltradio.com

Its probably available on podcast. If not it will be later. It’s a show by Paul Tinkle every Saturday morning on 101.3 live from the Hearth restaurant. Usually LC Dresden Westview Gleason Greenfield are all represented by some coaches. Some of us really enjoy it…you would too

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

You're right but I do see both sides. Greenfield isn't trying to win a ring they're trying to solidify their program so they can get to the point of playing bigger better teams without blinking. You're also comparing apples to oranges when talking about LC and Greenfield. The only thing similar is school size, they don't have near the tradition or quality of athletes walking the hall that y'all do.

22 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I love y'all LC crazies but don't sit here and act like y'all always schedule monsters. The last time y'all were an average team your schedule looked eerily similar to Greenfield's this year...

We usually schedule teams that are bigger than us. We went through period in the early 2000s were we didn't. Since the 70s LC usually has to schedule bigger schools. It's just part of it. I am downing Greenfield at all but to me he kind of just threw in the towel and basically made excuses. That's not teaching the kids right in my opinion but hey to watch their own.

32 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

You're right but I do see both sides. Greenfield isn't trying to win a ring they're trying to solidify their program so they can get to the point of playing bigger better teams without blinking. You're also comparing apples to oranges when talking about LC and Greenfield. The only thing similar is school size, they don't have near the tradition or quality of athletes walking the hall that y'all do.

Isn't that what football playing schools are supposed to do try and built a tradition? Complaining about who is in classification is useless. Just man up and try and win the game. Right now Peabody is monster. There dominant run will end at some point. To me complaining about it sends a bad message to your kids. Maybe I am looking at it wrong.

29 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Isn't that what football playing schools are supposed to do try and built a tradition? Complaining about who is in classification is useless. Just man up and try and win the game. Right now Peabody is monster. There dominant run will end at some point. To me complaining about it sends a bad message to your kids. Maybe I am looking at it wrong.

Getting your hind end kicked by 50 points builds zero tradition if anything it's will take away from the program .

38 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

We usually schedule teams that are bigger than us. We went through period in the early 2000s were we didn't. Since the 70s LC usually has to schedule bigger schools. It's just part of it. I am downing Greenfield at all but to me he kind of just threw in the towel and basically made excuses. That's not teaching the kids right in my opinion but hey to watch their own.

But at the same time certain Peabody fans were tearing him down on social media for passing in the second half. He was trying what he could but as a sensible person he realizes his team was out classed. I'd like to see or hear the interview though is there anywhere I can find it? 

4 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

But at the same time certain Peabody fans were tearing him down on social media for passing in the second half. He was trying what he could but as a sensible person he realizes his team was out classed. I'd like to see or hear the interview though is there anywhere I can find it? 

Yeah there is. It mentioned above. His only comment that I didn't really like was that Peabody is making 1A no fun. You could tell he was no a happy camper.

2 hours ago, shockernation said:

Thunderboltradio.com

Its probably available on podcast. If not it will be later. It’s a show by Paul Tinkle every Saturday morning on 101.3 live from the Hearth restaurant. Usually LC Dresden Westview Gleason Greenfield are all represented by some coaches. Some of us really enjoy it…you would too

Podcast where ?