Peabody @ Lake Co

shockernation

11 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

For those falcon fans who think LC changed defensive schemes last night during the game. Well LC did not change the scheme at all. LC stayed in same defense all night. LC was in position to make the plays but started missing tackles. LC stopped wrapping up and Peabody would just run through the falcon defenders. On offense LC did all they could do. LC lineplay is suspect on the left side right now. Peabody did a good job of exploiting that. Bigster you can down the coach all you want but it is hard for one man to be the OC, DC and do everything in practice that must done to prepare a team to play a game. Coach Quinn tried to establish a run game. He tried to establish a pass game. The early timeouts used was either to calm the players or because the players didn't get out of huddle in time. Peabody had alot to do with the Falcons struggles. I am not one for moral victories but there were several positives LC can take from the game and build on. Think about this Peabody scored on a pick 6 and a 4th and 5 touchdown pass. Normally that doesn't happen. It's a different game if those 2 plays do not occur. They did and hopefully LC will learn from it. West Carroll next week. LC will play better. LC will make a run in the playoffs. LC has now saw Peabody and the Falcons know that they can play with them. Who knows things may be different the 2nd time LC plays them. To the powers to be GET COACH QUINN SOME HELP.

Lc had 2 delay if penalties last night.Several this year.Need to get a clock .Then looked like he was going to go for first down and wasn't at midfield on a 4th and i I believe.Then did go for it later but LC intercepted.Ray Chsrles could see LC wasn't running up the middle.Could see 4th and 1.But 3rd and 8.Maybe he has a lot on his plate but against UC,clock management,all the delay of game penalties.Trenton just a better team.LC is a year away.Loss coming to Haywood but I think they win the rest.

Edited by mrbigster

For those falcon fans who think LC changed defensive schemes last night during the game. Well LC did not change the scheme at all. LC stayed in same defense all night. LC was in position to make the plays but started missing tackles. LC stopped wrapping up and Peabody would just run through the falcon defenders. On offense LC did all they could do. LC lineplay is suspect on the left side right now. Peabody did a good job of exploiting that. Bigster you can down the coach all you want but it is hard for one man to be the OC, DC and do everything in practice that must done to prepare a team to play a game. Coach Quinn tried to establish a run game. He tried to establish a pass game. The early timeouts used was either to calm the players or because the players didn't get out of huddle in time. Peabody had alot to do with the Falcons struggles. I am not one for moral victories but there were several positives LC can take from the game and build on. Think about this Peabody scored on a pick 6 and a 4th and 5 touchdown pass. Normally that doesn't happen. It's a different game if those 2 plays do not occur. They did and hopefully LC will learn from it. West Carroll next week. LC will play better. LC will make a run in the playoffs. LC has now saw Peabody and the Falcons know that they can play with them. Who knows things may be different the 2nd time LC plays them. To the powers to be GET COACH QUINN SOME HELP.

Quinn is the head coach! Money is already set aside for salaries for the coaching positions. heck, why don't Quinn go ahead and advertise for the defensive coordinator opening? Lake County football is still a very attractive job, so why not fill it? No head coach can coach offense defense, special teams alone it's just that simple. 

What is Coach Windsor's role? He was hired the end of last school year. I know Coach Gordon is doing all he can to help out. With Terry standing on the sidelines could he not help Quinn watch the ref for the play clock since Quinn has so much going on. I agree, hire the man some help!!!!

5 minutes ago, TipToe421 said:

What is Coach Windsor's role? He was hired the end of last school year. I know Coach Gordon is doing all he can to help out. With Terry standing on the sidelines could he not help Quinn watch the ref for the play clock since Quinn has so much going on. I agree, hire the man some help!!!!

Exactly! It doesn't make any sense at all to me. They should have left windsor at the middle school ijs

It takes more than Coaches Quinn and Windsor. This is Windsor first year at the high school. They are doing all the can with what they have. Hopefully the administration will get this worked out by the summer. Most coaches are already working this time of year so I am sure it is hard to find anyone this late in the game. 

12 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

It takes more than Coaches Quinn and Windsor. This is Windsor first year at the high school. They are doing all the can with what they have. Hopefully the administration will get this worked out by the summer. Most coaches are already working this time of year so I am sure it is hard to find anyone this late in the game. 

Very true.....

23 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

Lake county got away from the RPO in the first half, and got away from their defensive scheme which was very effective in my opinion. Trenton made the necessary adjustments at half and we failed to counter. We'll be ok, get better, and more game time experience. I Just don't feel our offensive weapons are being utilized to the fullest. Just my personal observations 

I wasn’t impressed with their game plan after the first quarter and a half or so. QB or Day Day need to run the ball every down. They have some great talent. Last thing they need to be doing is passing the football and the coach passed all night. Play calling by Lake County was really bad. I believe they have the talent to play with them. Got to have better coaching next time.

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I wasn’t impressed with their game plan after the first quarter and a half or so. QB or Day Day need to run the ball every down. They have some great talent. Last thing they need to be doing is passing the football and the coach passed all night. Play calling by Lake County was really bad. I believe they have the talent to play with them. Got to have better coaching next time.

So so true! You definitely are spot on

36 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I know this is his first year at the high school and that should have never happened. He is not a high school caliber coach I dont care how you dress it up! It goes to the administration as well as the athletic director. But as long as lake county people settle for mediocrity that's what we'll continue to get. 

Just now, truefalconfan said:

I know this is his first year at the high school and that should have never happened. He is not a high school caliber coach I dont care how you dress it up! It goes to the administration as well as the athletic director. But as long as lake county people settle for mediocrity that's what we'll continue to get. 

I don't think LC people are settling for mediocrity at all. The last year and half have been terrible for LC football do to covid. It just a bad situation when your DC decides to walk out the way he did. Right now I think the coaching staff is doing the best they can with the circumstances. Plenty of football left and LC will have a big say so in the playoffs. The kids nor coaches are down after this loss. Last night showed the players that they can compete with the big boys of 1A. LC has played in 4 straight semifinal games and 1 title. LC will be fine come playoff time.

9 minutes ago, truefalconfan said:

Not trying to dress anything up. Just stating the facts. I am willing to say people were ask to help when the DC quit but turned it down. Now am i  positive about that no I am not.