Alcoa at West

WestHigh4Life

13 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You need some new material, it was funny the first time but not the hundredth. Even Roger that calls in on Sports Animal said something about it the other day on radio.

Talk about needing new material.....

Just wait til I show my Alcoa buddies your Norman Rockwell  rendition of the Charles M. Hall Community!:thumb: you might get a lot of business for that post!!!

2 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Just can't see West being #1. Mt. Juliet, Powell, and 2 or 3 others are playing better and against better competition. Halls and SC took them to the wire. Doesn't speak well! Alcoa can name their score.

High school football polls are basically meaningless, especially in such a wide spread state like Tennessee.  Most of the voters are too lazy to actually do research on teams in the parts of the state where they don't live and work and simply vote by records or homer vote. 

40 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The whole system is one screwed up mess just for the benefit that everyone gets a trophy. To call yourself state champions over a group of 45-50 schools that have the same enrollment is a joke in itself. When you can't put ten schools down without a handful having losing records is just how bad this joke is. 

Yep.  Should be no more than 4 public school and no more than 2 private school classifications in this state.  And I actually prefer 3 publics, but that will never happen again.  

Edited by HTV
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, HTV said:

Yep.  Should be no more than 4 public school and no more than 2 private school classifications in this state.  And I actually prefer 3 publics, but that will never happen again.  

HTV, those were some fun times when Maryville, Powell, and Central were in the same region, weren't they? I think we lost to Maryville in the 2nd or 3rd round all 4 years our boys played, but it was fun trying to beat them. Ole George knew his stuff! But I think with all of the reclassifications that have gone on over the years, you still have your good rivalries going for the most part.

18 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The whole system is one screwed up mess just for the benefit that everyone gets a trophy. To call yourself state champions over a group of 45-50 schools that have the same enrollment is a joke in itself. When you can't put ten schools down without a handful having losing records is just how bad this joke is. 

You think it's about everyone getting a trophy? They don't give a rip how many teams get a trophy. More football games = more gate $$$$$$. That's the bottom line and nothing more. 

• Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic