Alcoa at West

WestHigh4Life

14 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

I'd be cool with just 5 classifications period no private/public split. It's an unpopular opinion. But I think it would make each class stronger  and more competitive 

Then they'd have to play by public school rules.  We have already seen that's a struggle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

HTV, those were some fun times when Maryville, Powell, and Central were in the same region, weren't they? I think we lost to Maryville in the 2nd or 3rd round all 4 years our boys played, but it was fun trying to beat them. Ole George knew his stuff! But I think with all of the reclassifications that have gone on over the years, you still have your good rivalries going for the most part.

Yep.  In those days regions really were regions for the most part, and not two hour trips for region games.  Maryville was the longest trip Powell or Halls had to make for a region game, about 30 miles away.  That's how it should be, but with so many classifications now it will never get back to that.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edwardblake said:

There is no doubt that Alcoa will be a tall order but I have faith that Coach Brown and his staff will make this a competitive game. The injury bug has gotten us and we're adjusting to getting youngsters ready to go faster than we thought. I think this will be a two score game by the time the final horn blows.

My guess? 42 -14 Alcoa. West plays good Defense!

Alcoa by how ever much they want it by. No secret that I'm not a West fan because they were overhyped before the injuries. West is a soft 5-0,  they beat Bearden who has no offense, barely outlasted Farragut and Halls, beat up on 4A Fulton who had a lot of guys out because of Covid, and Sevier Co had West beat but shot themselves in the foot. 

• CoachT locked this topic