Alcoa at West

WestHigh4Life

8 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Maybe all the Alcoa complainers should watch the replay tonight and try to understand what a holding call looks like instead of getting on a public forum accusing a former coach at West of screwing them in a Witch Hunt. The replay was clear to those who understand the rules. 

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm with you, Barney. I'm not sure what there is to complain about. I missed most of the 1st quarter, so outside of that, I don't remember seeing an egregious call. Granted, I had the luxury of watching it from home, so I'm sure those calls felt pretty one-sided live.

Edited by osunut2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

I really expected Alcoa to be the last fanbase to be making excuses and complaining about refs. You’re not going to continue running through teams constantly and it’s good to be tested. You all got more penalties tonight because you were a lot more undisciplined than West was. I have absolutely zero issues with Alcoa and have a lot of respect for their program as well as Coach Rankin. When you look at it from a non-biased and neutral view then you can see that nobody was trying to railroad the tornadoes. 

Don't come on here spewing facts and making sense !! you're really screwing up their argument!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Wow, you need glasses!

I bet Alcoa had over 200 yards of penalties.  West? Maybe 50.

"Rankin said he was most disappointed in the team's nearly disastrous amount of penalties, which included several unsportsmanlike conduct calls for what the coach described as "mouthing." Alcoa gave up 129 yards via 15 penalties, and West surrendered 65 yards on nine penalties."

Strange that the coach didn't blame the refs, rather he seems to acknowledge that his players were out of line... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Knoxemdown said:

"Rankin said he was most disappointed in the team's nearly disastrous amount of penalties, which included several unsportsmanlike conduct calls for what the coach described as "mouthing." Alcoa gave up 129 yards via 15 penalties, and West surrendered 65 yards on nine penalties."

Strange that the coach didn't blame the refs, rather he seems to acknowledge that his players were out of line... 

agreed...having the benefit of watching from home with instant replay, I was a bit disappointed with the lapse in discipline on the field by Rankins boys. 

9 hours ago, TORNADOESF3 said:

It’s VERY hard to believe that you have a game between two number 1 ranked teams and you stick them with that type of officiating crew!!!! Is the Knoxville association hurting that bad? 

The Crew was being film and graded for possible state championship game. WOW. You can throw a flag on all given play. They did. They where pulling players off the field if their jersey came un-tucked in the back,  or they seen what they thought was blood stains.

It was not just me, the entire Alcoa fan base knew they had to play the officials also. Rankin was throwing a fit, not at the mouthing penalties, but at West penalties that where obvious and not called.  

The keyboard warriors can think what you want, but this was a very bad ref'd game. The Alcoa players where over the cheating, hence the "mouthing" penalties. One ref throw 90% of the flags on Alcoa. One ref. Was he the only one that could see? No, the others obviously was not out to handicap Alcoa, and keep West in the game. 

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm with you, Barney. I'm not sure what there is to complain about. I missed most of the 1st quarter, so outside of that, I don't remember seeing an egregious call. Granted, I had the luxury of watching it from home, so I'm sure those calls felt pretty one-sided live.

obviously the broadcast does on pickup on the fact 50% of the big runs by Alcoa were called for holding. Again, you can call holding on ever play, on both teams if YOU WANT! There was a clear and obvious motive of one ref.

• CoachT locked this topic