WEEK 7 - Oak Ridge vs Powell

CardinalGrey

16 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

BC,

I'm pretty sure Oak Ridge always signs two year contracts so their schedule for 2022 is already set.. No little kitty cats scared of the aluminum heads.

Let's be honest with ourselves though, an OR/Alcoa matchup would not be pretty for us. Haha. We have a hard enough time running the ball against the Bearden and Farragut's of the world, let alone a defense like Alcoa has.  I'm as big of an OR fan as anybody, but just being straight up honest. It would be a gut stompin', and not one that goes in our favor. I wouldn't mind seeing the matchup in a year where we are better, but this year it would be fugly, ugly, however you wanna describe it.

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Let's be honest with ourselves though, an OR/Alcoa matchup would not be pretty for us. Haha. We have a hard enough time running the ball against the Bearden and Farragut's of the world, let alone a defense like Alcoa has.  I'm as big of an OR fan as anybody, but just being straight up honest. It would be a gut stompin', and not one that goes in our favor. I wouldn't mind seeing the matchup in a year where we are better, but this year it would be fugly, ugly, however you wanna describe it.

I would want to play Alcoa near the end of the season, The way we have started the last two seasons it would get ugly quickly.

BACK TO POWELL...

I hope this doesn't surprise anybody but I feel good about the Powell game. The off week will be a blessing for us. I believe our two demonic linebackers will chase and catch Potts. Our D - 1 RB will have such a great game on defense we all will be shocked. I don't know how we are going to do it but the Defense has got to score twice. A perfect kicking / return game is a must. 

RWR

35 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I would want to play Alcoa near the end of the season, The way we have started the last two seasons it would get ugly quickly.

BACK TO POWELL...

I hope this doesn't surprise anybody but I feel good about the Powell game. The off week will be a blessing for us. I believe our two demonic linebackers will chase and catch Potts. Our D - 1 RB will have such a great game on defense we all will be shocked. I don't know how we are going to do it but the Defense has got to score twice. A perfect kicking / return game is a must. 

RWR

Glad to hear you guys did good against Off Week, as you may recall we played the OW varsity last week and really struggled.          Too bad Oak Ridge and Boone can't ever get a game.

Y to the I to the K to the E to the S...YIKES... YIKES YIKES!!!

Coach Gaddis is saying the Running Game is the most important aspect of the game and that the Warren guy is the best  Prep offensive linemen he has seen play.

This makes me scream YIKES, because I have been holding the OR Def as the key to the game. Maybe we can win the running game but that will be hard.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

Bad matchup for the Cats.This yrs defense is not good vs decent pass game.You either need a good dline that can get in backfield all night or really good CBs.Our strength this yr is LBs who can go sideline to sideline tackling anything that moves. Powell 38 Oak Ridge 13. If we have over 150 yards of offense Ill be happy

6 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Bad matchup for the Cats.This yrs defense is not good vs decent pass game.You either need a good dline that can get in backfield all night or really good CBs.Our strength this yr is LBs who can go sideline to sideline tackling anything that moves. Powell 38 Oak Ridge 13. If we have over 150 yards of offense Ill be happy

We will be in big trouble because Powell has more then a decent passing game. 

You know I am trying to come up with anything that will give OR an advantage. What about some of these ideas...

1. In the last few days, Rodgers has been active on his twitter feed. Mostly about recruiting. If he plays will that significantly help OR's pass defense?

2. Coach Gaddis threw out on his TV show that the bye week has allowed some players to get well. Will this help?

FINAL... Oak Ridge  31    Powell 22

10 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I agree that this is a bad matchup for OR. The defense isn't as good as a year ago, the offense is consistently bad, Powell has better athletes and more of them, and Powell has better linemen and more of them. That being said, for some reason, I think the game will be much closer than your score. That's why they play the game!  RWR!!!!!!!