WEEK 7 - Oak Ridge vs Powell

CardinalGrey

Very disappointing, and I hate it for the kids.  Sounds like D played good again....couldn't  be there so listened on the radio.  I hope they (offense) can turn it around.  I will say that I was afraid this team was going to be somewhat weak after losing so much talent last year.  

I was at the game what he say?

What a game glad it's over, had a hard time tonight. But after long deliberations and a coin toss, I gave the offensive t-shirt to # 17 for his interception and 71 yard touchdown. On defense # 38 he could get a shirt every game. Other than that ain't much else to say!

WILDCAT PRIDE

5 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Haha, he’s a former player, so he may be a bit biased. Lol. He can’t be any worse than CC’s radio guys when it comes to that though. You ever listened to how biased they are? Goodness lol

Oh man, I've sat next to a lot of radio crews over the years, and they were by far the worst I've ever been around. Got into a spat with them the night Darel Middleton blocked a field goal for Powell and ran it back for the winning TD back in 2012 I think. That play totally set them off.

Edited by osunut2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Oh man, I've sat next to a lot of radio crews over the years, and they were by far the worst I've ever been around. Got into a spat with them the night Darel Middleton blocked a field goal for Powell and ran it back for the winning TD back in 2012 I think. That play totally set them off.

Oh man, I swear one of their players could rip the helmet off of an opposing players head, go over to the referee, show it to him, then go throw it in the stands, and they’d figure out a way to blame it on the other teams kid, someway somehow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

Oh man, I swear one of their players could rip the helmet off of an opposing players head, go over to the referee, show it to him, then go throw it in the stands, and they’d figure out a way to blame it on the other teams kid, someway somehow.

Spot on, SS.

I dont know what to say but my score was almost right again.Unless you go to games you just cant understand how bad the Oak Ridge offense is.I keep hearing Oak Ridge is always plays better at end of yr but its not gonna happen with this team.Its so bad I dont know who to blame.We know the Oline is awful and we have no options left unless we go with guys under 160 pds.7 is a heck of a RB and Jackson is a good high school RB.Heyward is one of best WRs in the state.How can the offense be that bad? Would we be better benching Tarwater or is Oline so bad it dont matter.As a head coach u cant ever be this bad at Oak Ridge.I dont care what happens but something has to change now.You can not go back out and do that that same crap again.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I dont know what to say but my score was almost right again.Unless you go to games you just cant understand how bad the Oak Ridge offense is.I keep hearing Oak Ridge is always plays better at end of yr but its not gonna happen with this team.Its so bad I dont know who to blame.We know the Oline is awful and we have no options left unless we go with guys under 160 pds.7 is a heck of a RB and Jackson is a good high school RB.Heyward is one of best WRs in the state.How can the offense be that bad? Would we be better benching Tarwater or is Oline so bad it dont matter.As a head coach u cant ever be this bad at Oak Ridge.I dont care what happens but something has to change now.You can not go back out and do that that same crap again.

I think a lot of us are at a loss for words. I think it’s a mixture of a lot of different things. For one, it’s obvious a lot of our kids on the line are WEAK, which means the strength and conditioning program at Oak Ridge is paltry, at best. That doesn’t mean all of our kids, but the ones in the trenches (most of them, at least) look extremely soft. Let’s be honest, games are won and lost in the weight room before the season even starts. With that said, the S & C program seems to need a complete overhaul.

Secondly, I think Gaddis made a terrible mistake hiring the OC that we have. (I never thought Wyatt was that bad, but some on here did. What I’d do to have him right now running the offense. Don’t know if it’d make much difference, but good Lord, he can’t be any worse than the guy we have now). The guy looks completely lost out there. We are having penalties that you’d expect a middle school team to be getting this time of year, or a team like Jellico. Absurd delay of game penalties that should never happen. The whole offense looks completely discombobulated, and that’s putting it mildly. Such a disappointment, all around. God bless our defensive unit, they try their as$&@ off, but you can only do so much until you just break, eventually. I think the main culprit is the strength and conditioning program though, to be honest. Our guys on the offensive line, especially 2-3 of them just seem to be incredibly weak. I’m not gonna say #77 and #59 are though, because they’re playing on the DL too and are pretty good. 

Depth is a major factor as well. We just have zero depth out there, and guys playing both ways too, which certainly doesn’t help.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I think a lot of us are at a loss for words. I think it’s a mixture of a lot of different things. For one, it’s obvious a lot of our kids on the line are WEAK, which means the strength and conditioning program at Oak Ridge is paltry, at best. That doesn’t mean all of our kids, but the ones in the trenches (most of them, at least) look extremely soft. Let’s be honest, games are won and lost in the weight room before the season even starts. With that said, the S & C program seems to need a complete overhaul.

Secondly, I think Gaddis made a terrible mistake hiring the OC that we have. The guy looks completely lost out there. We are having penalties that you’d expect a middle school team to be getting this time of year, or a team like Jellico. Absurd delay of game penalties that should never happen. The whole offense looks completely discombobulated, and that’s putting it mildly. Such a disappointment, all around. God bless our defensive unit, they try their as$&@ off, but you can only do so much until you just break, eventually. I think the main culprit is the strength and conditioning program though, to be honest. Our guys on the offensive line, especially 2-3 of them just seem to be incredibly weak. I’m not gonna say #77 and #59 are though, because they’re playing on the DL too and are pretty good. 

Depth is a major factor as well. We just have zero depth out there, and guys playing both ways too, which certainly doesn’t help.

Great point and I agree 100%.The S&C is a joke if we even have one.

• Upvote 1