Fairview @ WH Heritage Week 6

Fryinpan66

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Swarm said:

Sonny Moore favors Fairview by 14 prior to last nights data.

The Jackets are liable to give that difference up in special teams kickoff coverage and offensive turnovers unless something changes. 

This will be a 4 quarter game that could go either way. 

Tell me about Fairview. What kind of Offense and Defense do y’all run? Who are your key players?

7 hours ago, Fryinpan66 said:

Tell me about Fairview. What kind of Offense and Defense do y’all run? Who are your key players?

We have won this region 4 of the last 5 years. We operate out of the shotgun in a spread offense mostly. Defense is listed as a 3-4 but we mix up defensive looks quite a bit. 

There's too many numbers to call out just a couple. We don't have the one Mr. Football type guy like we've had a few times recently. The offense is a blend of a half dozen ball carriers and pass catchers with big linemen. Our starting QB has been out for the season but may return soon. The backup is a receiver who has done a fine job. He will burn you with his feet pretty bad and is starting to get going with his arm. I think he's threw for about 500 yards in the last 2 games. 

Tell us about Heritage this year. We played a home and away 3 or 4 years ago. You guys were very young then. 

Edited by Swarm

4 hours ago, Swarm said:

We have won this region 4 of the last 5 years. We operate out of the shotgun in a spread offense mostly. Defense is listed as a 3-4 but we mix up defensive looks quite a bit. 

There's too many numbers to call out just a couple. We don't have the one Mr. Football type guy like we've had a few times recently. The offense is a blend of a half dozen ball carriers and pass catchers with big linemen. Our starting QB has been out for the season but may return soon. The backup is a receiver who has done a fine job. He will burn you with his feet pretty bad and is starting to get going with his arm. I think he's threw for about 500 yards in the last 2 games. 

Tell us about Heritage this year. We played a home and away 3 or 4 years ago. You guys were very young then. 

Gotcha. Heritage has not played a clean football game yet. When they’re hot, they’re hot. When they’re not, it’s not good. Too many penalties and turnovers have cost them. Got beat by a below average Franklin Simpson (KY) team who was Winless coming into that game (Week 3). FS didn’t have any depth, but played power football and won the line of scrimmage on both sides. It was a frustrating Loss. The other Loss was a to a really good DCA team. Final score doesn’t indicate it, but Heritage was in that game in the 3rd Quarter. The Patriots turned the ball over to the Wildcats and DCA went for the jugular. DCA will have a chance to Win a Division II Class A State Championship, they’re that good. 

Heritage runs a spread type Offense. I believe Coach Dickerson calls it “Multiple Formation.” We have some playmakers that can run. Our Quarterback, #5 Taye Francis hasn’t been very good throwing, but he has done damage with his legs. He is also one of our best DB’s, when they play him on Defense. Behind him, we don’t really have another QB, so the coaching staff tries to keep him on Offense only. Other players to watch, #22 Malakhai Illarramendi TB/LB. Malakhai is our toughest player. He will flat run you over or lay the wood to you. He is a 17 year old Senior that started school early. Very smart kid in the classroom too! Other players, #7 Damian Dobak (Doe-back), he plays the backup RB role and is a starting LB. Damian is a solid player, but he doesn’t hit the hole as hard as Malakhai. Defensively, the Patriots run a 3-4 type of Defense. D-Line struggles to get any pressure, so we rely on LB’s & DB’s to make stops. #28 Ryan Keith LB & #26 Colby Hulsey DB are excellent tacklers and always around the Football. Colby is our 3rd String RB and he runs hard for a little guy. Last 2 players I’ll mention are #17 Ty Minnick & #2 Dontarrius Teasley. Ty is another player that flies around and is always near the ball on D/ST. Ty also plays WR and can catch the ball. DT is underutilized IMO. He is quick and has a nose for the end zone. He plays WR/DB. 

Heritage has been very “vanilla” with the play calling. I look for Coach to open it up Friday night. Hopefully, we will have good weather, because that stadium will be rocking!