FORREST AT MARION 2021

GeneralForrest

Wont be close. 28-6 Marion. Forrest has 5-6 athletes who will really battle and compete. Marion will have 3x that many. 

A little Forrest/Marion history- 

2015- They met in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Marion was up 17-3 at the half. Forrest onside'd the 2nd half kickoff, recovered, and drove for a quick score to make it 17-10. Then Marion scored 3 straight for a 31-10 win. 

2016- Forrest beat Tyner and Meigs back to back, then ran into a hacksaw against the Warriors in a 55-14 loss. Forrest took the opening drive and made it 7-0 then got outscored 55-7 the rest of the way. 

Both years Marion made the State final and "lost" to the cheating Trezevant. Marion is state champs both those years to me. 

The program- fans and kids showed pure class in both the above mentioned wins. True sportsmanship. They were talking to and encouraging our kids. I'll always remember that. Their fans travel like nobody's business. 

I know the staff is different now than then. They've had some rebuilding years. They seem to be poised to make a run this year. I wish I could go just to experience Jasper in person. 

I hope Eli and his staff have lots of notepads. They will be looking at a true 2A program, and how to do it right.  

last two games have been Forrest's best since the 2019 run. the talent difference next week plus the efficiency, eli still staggers around on the sidelines and plays barely get in on time, he keeps asking the QB to make throws he cant make, esp on 3rd and long which they shouldn't be in to begin with. also the o line, who has been coaching them to hold continuously the last 1o seasons. can we get someone diff please. all of these things lead me to my prediction 

Edited by GeneralForrest

13 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Wont be close. 28-6 Marion. Forrest has 5-6 athletes who will really battle and compete. Marion will have 3x that many. 

A little Forrest/Marion history- 

2015- They met in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Marion was up 17-3 at the half. Forrest onside'd the 2nd half kickoff, recovered, and drove for a quick score to make it 17-10. Then Marion scored 3 straight for a 31-10 win. 

2016- Forrest beat Tyner and Meigs back to back, then ran into a hacksaw against the Warriors in a 55-14 loss. Forrest took the opening drive and made it 7-0 then got outscored 55-7 the rest of the way. 

Both years Marion made the State final and "lost" to the cheating Trezevant. Marion is state champs both those years to me. 

The program- fans and kids showed pure class in both the above mentioned wins. True sportsmanship. They were talking to and encouraging our kids. I'll always remember that. Their fans travel like nobody's business. 

I know the staff is different now than then. They've had some rebuilding years. They seem to be poised to make a run this year. I wish I could go just to experience Jasper in person. 

I hope Eli and his staff have lots of notepads. They will be looking at a true 2A program, and how to do it right.  

Thanks for the kind words sir.  Forrest has always been a hard nosed bunch and remind me of Bledsoe type kids.  I expect this matchup will be hard nosed and physical from the jump.  Forrest isn't 4-1 for no reason.  We don't have that many athletes.  We do have several but are hog heavy now days.  I believe there are a couple of games more in the history as I think we played a couple more times in the early 2000s.  It seems like we always go to Forrest to play so I am glad they are finally coming down for a visit.

32 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Thanks for the kind words sir.  Forrest has always been a hard nosed bunch and remind me of Bledsoe type kids.  I expect this matchup will be hard nosed and physical from the jump.  Forrest isn't 4-1 for no reason.  We don't have that many athletes.  We do have several but are hog heavy now days.  I believe there are a couple of games more in the history as I think we played a couple more times in the early 2000s.  It seems like we always go to Forrest to play so I am glad they are finally coming down for a visit.

Someone, I think it mightve been you, at the time, either 2015 or 2016, pointed out that Forrest looked tight, and Marion looked relaxed, not overconfident. Marion expected to win. Oh how I wish Forrest could get there. Not just against the Lorettos of the world.  

47 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Someone, I think it mightve been you, at the time, either 2015 or 2016, pointed out that Forrest looked tight, and Marion looked relaxed, not overconfident. Marion expected to win. Oh how I wish Forrest could get there. Not just against the Lorettos of the world.  

Those teams were really special.  Should have beaten trezevant one of those years if not both.  Their coach made some adjustments that helped Richardson get the ball in his hands different ways.  They completed a 4th and 17 that helped them win one and it was covered almost perfectly.   Just wasn't in the cards.  The team you see Friday isn't as loaded as those teams but they have a few special players.  Still have a lot of work to do to get where they want to go.  This should be the start of a good run.  There are 4 or 5 freshmen playing quite a bit.

20 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Those teams were really special.  Should have beaten trezevant one of those years if not both.  Their coach made some adjustments that helped Richardson get the ball in his hands different ways.  They completed a 4th and 17 that helped them win one and it was covered almost perfectly.   Just wasn't in the cards.  The team you see Friday isn't as loaded as those teams but they have a few special players.  Still have a lot of work to do to get where they want to go.  This should be the start of a good run.  There are 4 or 5 freshmen playing quite a bit.

insane comeback to take the lead in 2015 if i am not mistaken. you're not saying it but i am. most of their players shouldve been academically ineligible. period. another tssaa clusterbiff

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

for sure. offense has done better last two weeks.  id love to have the cornersville game back. we wont win this week tho 

Marion is a most likely a contender this year. If you keep it fairly close you will have had a good game. Wish you good luck.

45 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

insane comeback to take the lead in 2015 if i am not mistaken. you're not saying it but i am. most of their players shouldve been academically ineligible. period. another tssaa clusterbiff

You are probably right but who knows if we could have beaten Adamsville or whoever came out of the west.  That one will sting forever.  Maybe Forrest is good luck.  Seems like when we play them we do pretty well in the playoffs.