FORREST AT MARION 2021

GeneralForrest

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

28-6. Marion. Case closed. I hope the Rockets, specifically Eli S., learn from it. 

That's about where I am on the prediction. Expect a Cornersville type of game where our defense gets worn down and their speed guys break some long ones. 

Thanks to Vandy's link the 2021 Marion County team has been viewed. A few notes ... Big lineman on both sides of the ball, good skill guys, DB's look solid. Fortunately, I didn't see a Kirkendoll at linebacker. They are not a 2016 type team but they are not the same MC team that has struggled recently. Forrest is very similar to Bledsoe. Same wingT offense with the same sprint out passes. Our QB is no where near as mobile. I don't think we have anyone who can get close to #7 if he gets a step. 

First priority should be to leave Jasper at 10 pm Friday night with no significant injuries. If we call plays like we did against Cornersville we will struggle to get a first down and we won't cross midfield. A positive night will be if our offense can score 14 points on that defense and our defense can hold them to 28 points. If the wheels come off on the team in white then we could easily be looking at a 49-0 rout. Likewise if the wheels fall off the Purple team we could have a close one score game into the 4th quarter. Let's hope for the latter. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

That's about where I am on the prediction. Expect a Cornersville type of game where our defense gets worn down and their speed guys break some long ones. 

Thanks to Vandy's link the 2021 Marion County team has been viewed. A few notes ... Big lineman on both sides of the ball, good skill guys, DB's look solid. Fortunately, I didn't see a Kirkendoll at linebacker. They are not a 2016 type team but they are not the same MC team that has struggled recently. Forrest is very similar to Bledsoe. Same wingT offense with the same sprint out passes. Our QB is no where near as mobile. I don't think we have anyone who can get close to #7 if he gets a step. 

First priority should be to leave Jasper at 10 pm Friday night with no significant injuries. If we call plays like we did against Cornersville we will struggle to get a first down and we won't cross midfield. A positive night will be if our offense can score 14 points on that defense and our defense can hold them to 28 points. If the wheels come off on the team in white then we could easily be looking at a 49-0 rout. Likewise if the wheels fall off the Purple team we could have a close one score game into the 4th quarter. Let's hope for the latter. 

the field will be soggy cereal. i think it will affect both teams the same. no injuries and try to keep it close late. totally agree with both points. 

I believe this will be a Marion County victory. Forrest has had some pretty good teams and I remember some of our battles in the past. What can I say about Friday? Taye is just lightning in a bottle. I love watching that kiddo play. These kids are getting great coaching and did not miss a beat on Friday after being out for awhile. Big Kane, Jake, and Boomer were simply awesome on the line. I just can't wait to see what the future holds for these kiddos. I know some of you do not agree with me but I think Taye can play for Vanderbilt. He is a little smaller but that kiddo is so darn fast and his heart is the size of Nashville. I love watching him run the ball for the warriors.  I look forward to a good game with Forrest but in the end we will the game. As always it is a great day to be a warrior.

1 hour ago, MarionMadness said:

I believe this will be a Marion County victory. Forrest has had some pretty good teams and I remember some of our battles in the past. What can I say about Friday? Taye is just lightning in a bottle. I love watching that kiddo play. These kids are getting great coaching and did not miss a beat on Friday after being out for awhile. Big Kane, Jake, and Boomer were simply awesome on the line. I just can't wait to see what the future holds for these kiddos. I know some of you do not agree with me but I think Taye can play for Vanderbilt. He is a little smaller but that kiddo is so darn fast and his heart is the size of Nashville. I love watching him run the ball for the warriors.  I look forward to a good game with Forrest but in the end we will the game. As always it is a great day to be a warrior.

do they have some special plays for the rockets?