FORREST AT MARION 2021

GeneralForrest

im not sure forrest will get more than 1-2 first downs. maybe cross midfield 1x per half. maybe just once for the game.

i dont- and this is a huge part of my problem with the current staff- i dont think our coaches have prepared the kids mentally for a game like this. this isnt even waverly. these kids lost at Waverly as freshman, at home to riverside as sophomores, and at Waverly again as juniors to get bounced from postseason

this is an entirely different animal. the lower classmen will be shell shocked and the juniors and seniors, while nice kids, arent exactly known for their mean streaks in big games.

this could get really ugly for Forrest.  a 42-0 beatdown is not out of the question. these kids scored 6 against friggin cornersville.  

ill say this to the 11th and 12th graders. all due respect- you're 4-1 and thats a very good thing. 

BUT

you know who you are. the upperclass skill guys. even special teams, linemen, etc. if you want to show what you're made of, this is the game to do it. forget the region. this is the biggest atmosphere you will likely play in as a Rocket. this is the Alabama of 2A.

teams like peabody, trousdale, they are amazing too but they fluctuate between 1A and 2A,

these warriors have been 2A bad boys since you were at the elementary school.

if you cannot show up and play as hard as possible here, then im not sure why u play period.  

12 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

im not sure forrest will get more than 1-2 first downs. maybe cross midfield 1x per half. maybe just once for the game.

i dont- and this is a huge part of my problem with the current staff- i dont think our coaches have prepared the kids mentally for a game like this. this isnt even waverly. these kids lost at Waverly as freshman, at home to riverside as sophomores, and at Waverly again as juniors to get bounced from postseason

this is an entirely different animal. the lower classmen will be shell shocked and the juniors and seniors, while nice kids, arent exactly known for their mean streaks in big games.

this could get really ugly for Forrest.  a 42-0 beatdown is not out of the question. these kids scored 6 against friggin cornersville.  

The little film I have seen it looks like forrest is physical and has a couple of weapons.  This should be a really good game.

If this game was at Forrest I would pick an upset. Forrest  players have to be gaining some confidence and momentum of late. I’m not sure force can pull it off at Marion County but I believe it will be a competitive game. If by chance forest does pull it off this is going to go a long way for A possible long run in the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I’m not going to be that guy about the intro post.

I’m pulling for the Rockets but my gut is telling me Marion will be too much. From what I’m hearing Marion will be representing the East against Westview in the state championship this year.

Got a long long way to go before that happens, trust me.