Lewis County ‘21 Playoffs

Pizzpatriot2

Are they going to make it to the second round this year? Will this be the year they advance past the second?

As usual, their region championship will come down to one game against a medium to decent team. This year it will be at the end of the season against Riverside. In past years it seems Chapel Hill was it.

I don’t know enough about Riverside and those West Tennessee teams. I do know Hohenwald always gets put out early, just in time for basketball season.

What say ye; will they be put out by the end of the second round of the playoffs or not? Place your predictions here.

Yes

No

Edited by Pizzpatriot2

On 11/16/2008 at 3:13 PM, mbsdude said:

I will take a shot who they will be adding out of District 2- 1A schools

On 11/16/2008 at 9:32 PM, owcoa said:

If Lewis Co played a hard schedule, they wouldn't make playoffs.

On 11/16/2008 at 9:39 PM, doogie37 said:

When was the last time Lewis Co made it past the second round.

Im guessing owcoa is Alcoa, and it didnt matter how many games they saw

On 11/18/2008 at 12:29 AM, owcoa said:

Why not play South Pittsburg as your 1A team. They played three 2A schools this year. I'm sure they would be happy to play you guys. Even if you lose, you will see players better than you and that is what gets you ready for the playoffs. If you keep playing weak 2A schools and 1A school, then make it to playoff only to get beat a few more times, maybe you guys will figure it out. Playing up only gets you better. Playing down to a worst team just really only puts a W on your schedule.

On 11/18/2008 at 10:30 AM, turfwalker said:

Seems like everytime I come over to read about LCHS, its about all anyone says....."schedule".

Good post Stat.....Point well made.

From 2008!

On 11/18/2008 at 7:11 PM, LCHS said:

ok ok ok people lets stop talking bout how the schedule is weak because there is nothing we can do about it lets talk about the next years team and what potential they have and if the line will be as strong as it has been in the last few years.

On 11/19/2008 at 6:29 PM, owcoa said:

Good luck next year, If Lewis Co. players want to play football in Dec, I guess their parents should buy them a Play Station!

On 11/21/2008 at 5:06 AM, TropicalStorm said:

Why don't you LC fans give up on the football season and leave the forum for teams that are still in in. You lost, good luck next year.

Wow, we can't wait for the next poster to post a comment after this telling us how good they will be next year. When is the last time LC made it to the champ game? Why don't you LC fans just swap cell #'s ( all 4 of ya) and go that route. It would really free up the coach t bandwidth. Teams that are still in it don't really care about the poor season you had. Goodpasture stinks this year and still beat your 11-0 record. They will get put out tonight by CPA or next week by Milan.

On 11/15/2017 at 8:15 PM, pizzpatriot said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but, out of morbid curiosity, I did a check here on coacht. This is what I came across:

So, by reading this, I understand that LC has ALWAYS played a weak schedule, for at least going back a decade. And, obviously, I’m not the only one that figured this out. But, am I the only one that knows about the two buddies at the T$$AA?

On 11/19/2020 at 1:06 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Beating a dead horse, I guess. 

Anyone want to propose next years regular season AND playoff record? Shouldn't be that difficult. All one has to do is search coachT for the past 4-5 years and you can tell EXACTLY how it will go!

On 11/10/2017 at 6:28 PM, pizzpatriot said:

10-2 for Lewis Co

Again!

On 11/19/2020 at 12:32 PM, WingT08 said:

You have tried to tell them for years @Pizzpatriot2

On 11/7/2019 at 10:48 AM, WingT08 said:

Just because you go 10-0 in the regular season doesn't mean you are actually a great football team. Just ask Lewis Co....they have done it multiple times and have got bounced in the 2nd round. @Pizzpatriot2 has documented it well. 

On 11/8/2019 at 11:30 AM, Bulldogfan24 said:

I was thinking the same about the regions and how they get put in weak regions but when start losing region champs they move to another region. I remember the 2013 season Lewis was first put in the district with CPA, Page, Giles, Marshall, Spring Hill, etc and then before the season start they got moved to our district with Creekwood, Waverly, East Hickman, Camden, Fairview, Stewart County, and Montgomery Central.  

Will this be a unique playoff year where Lewis County gets beat in the early rounds by an awesome team who just happens to get beat by a team who happens to get beat by a team who just so happens to get beat by a team in the state championship?

I mean, if so, if that was the case, that would make the early round exit okay would it not? 

I’m a numbers kind of guy. So let’s take a look inside the numbers. Lewis Co. is 30-36 all time in the playoffs. That means they win about 45% of the time. They have made it to the semis 2!times. Once in 1979 in the old 3 class days and again in 2013 when they were actually in 3A the largest classification they have ever been in. 

Now on the opposite side Page is on 16-22 in the playoffs. That’s about half as many wins and less of a winning percentage. Also they have made it to semis 3 time and all as a 3A team. They are now 5A. So the numbers would indicate that they are not as competitive as Lewis co cause they don’t get to the playoffs as much and win less when they get there. Also it shows that they are not good enough to compete in the higher class that they are currently classified for. Anyone wanna take offense to Pizzatard just remember this post and how pathetic his team is. Amen.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’m a numbers kind of guy. So let’s take a look inside the numbers. Lewis Co. is 30-36 all time in the playoffs. That means they win about 45% of the time. They have made it to the semis 2!times. Once in 1979 in the old 3 class days and again in 2013 when they were actually in 3A the largest classification they have ever been in. 

Now on the opposite side Page is on 16-22 in the playoffs. That’s about half as many wins and less of a winning percentage. Also they have made it to semis 3 time and all as a 3A team. They are now 5A. So the numbers would indicate that they are not as competitive as Lewis co cause they don’t get to the playoffs as much and win less when they get there. Also it shows that they are not good enough to compete in the higher class that they are currently classified for. Anyone wanna take offense to Pizzatard just remember this post and how pathetic his team is. Amen.  

I am so glad you brought these points up.

I am a statistics guy so I am trained in understanding and (correctly) interpreting numbers.

First, you skew the “semis” point as in the old three A classification the first round was basically (skipped) so, that means they have only made it past the third round only once and that was in ‘13.

As for the point of playoff percentage, let’s look at that. Lewis County is always in what can be termed the very weakest region in the entire state regardless. The only exception is if there was no way the two buddies could do like they did in ‘13 and pull them out of a competitive region and place them into a non competitive one. Couple the weak region with extremely weak out of region schedule and you have inflated W/L ratios. But, lets get back on your point, the one you are trying to skew. Typically, just as with this year, Hohenwald has only one competitive region game. This year it is Riverside. I think last year or past couple of years it has been Chapel Hill. We know the region championship basically comes down to one game each year. So, we know there is a 50/50 shot (at least) Hohenwald is going to win the region each year. Because of this, we know the first round playoff game is going to be against an extremely weak team. That does enhance the odds of winning. To further prove my point, many of these teams enter the playoffs with losing records. Even when Hohenwald plays the third seeded teams, they are still typically bad teams.

Therefore, your “Lewis Co. is 30-36 all time in the playoffs. That means they win about 45% of the time” comment is a misnomer because you are attempting to skew the numbers to prove a point.

Other than CPA, who played in the state championship in ‘13, how many teams has Lewis County lost to in the playoffs that went on to the state.

Valid point about Page but, yet again, skewed data. If we were constantly placed in weak regions, we would consistently win our region and thus play terrible teams in the first round just like Lewis County. Therefore, our playoff percentage would be higher as well.

Edited by Pizzpatriot2

• CoachT locked this topic