Lewis County ‘21 Playoffs

Pizzpatriot2

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’m a numbers kind of guy. So let’s take a look inside the numbers. Lewis Co. is 30-36 all time in the playoffs. That means they win about 45% of the time. They have made it to the semis 2!times. Once in 1979 in the old 3 class days and again in 2013 when they were actually in 3A the largest classification they have ever been in. 

Now on the opposite side Page is on 16-22 in the playoffs. That’s about half as many wins and less of a winning percentage. Also they have made it to semis 3 time and all as a 3A team. They are now 5A. So the numbers would indicate that they are not as competitive as Lewis co cause they don’t get to the playoffs as much and win less when they get there. Also it shows that they are not good enough to compete in the higher class that they are currently classified for. Anyone wanna take offense to Pizzatard just remember this post and how pathetic his team is. Amen.  

Ha Ha! Go back to ‘80 and ‘81 and they were in weak regions then too and getting put out in the (actual) second round as well!!!

I can’t make this stuff up! This is not just the past several years, this weak schedule and weak regional play has always been goin on!! Ha Ha

Not only this but in single A too with, of all schools, Richland and Collinwood and other weak single A schools! This is just too funny!

Edited by Pizzpatriot2

2 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I am so glad you brought these points up.

I am a statistics guy so I am trained in understanding and (correctly) interpreting numbers.

First, you skew the “semis” point as in the old three A classification the first round was basically (skipped) so, that means they have only made it past the third round only once and that was in ‘13.

As for the point of playoff percentage, let’s look at that. Lewis County is always in what can be termed the very weakest region in the entire state regardless. The only exception is if there was no way the two buddies could do like they did in ‘13 and pull them out of a competitive region and place them into a non competitive one. Couple the weak region with extremely weak out of region schedule and you have inflated W/L ratios. But, lets get back on your point, the one you are trying to skew. Typically, just as with this year, Hohenwald has only one competitive region game. This year it is Riverside. I think last year or past couple of years it has been Chapel Hill. We know the region championship basically comes down to one game each year. So, we know there is a 50/50 shot (at least) Hohenwald is going to win the region each year. Because of this, we know the first round playoff game is going to be against an extremely weak team. That does enhance the odds of winning. To further prove my point, many of these teams enter the playoffs with losing records. Even when Hohenwald plays the third seeded teams, they are still typically bad teams.

Therefore, your “Lewis Co. is 30-36 all time in the playoffs. That means they win about 45% of the time” comment is a misnomer because you are attempting to skew the numbers to prove a point.

Other than CPA, who played in the state championship in ‘13, how many teams has Lewis County lost to in the playoffs that went on to the state.

Valid point about Page but, yet again, skewed data. If we were constantly placed in weak regions, we would consistently win our region and thus play terrible teams in the first round just like Lewis County. Therefore, our playoff percentage would be higher as well.

Lol.  And you say I skew the numbers.  The numbers say if Lewis isn’t good your team is beyond horrible. Bottom line. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Lol.  And you say I skew the numbers.  The numbers say if Lewis isn’t good your team is beyond horrible. Bottom line. 

Actually, what you just stated is the definition of being mutually exclusive.

In all actuality, you just stated what you did because you were not able to defend my counter claim.

Actually, what you just stated is the definition of being mutually exclusive.

In all actuality, you just stated what you did because you were not able to defend my counter claim.

And u have never countered my point. U say how their tssaa buddies put them in weak regions. It is done geographically. I can’t believe I have to explain this AGAIN. Look at the 2A teams around them and come up with a sensible region. We heard u the first time when you said LC makes early exits from the playoffs. Ok u made your point, shut up, go back to watching your law and order marathon 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

And u have never countered my point. U say how their tssaa buddies put them in weak regions. It is done geographically. I can’t believe I have to explain this AGAIN. Look at the 2A teams around them and come up with a sensible region. We heard u the first time when you said LC makes early exits from the playoffs. Ok u made your point, shut up, go back to watching your law and order marathon 

It’s the CSI marathon. Law and Order is just so #overrated. Adding the follow for you my friend. Just so you know, there are more.

On 10/14/2003 at 1:49 AM, WOODROW said:

LC has the tendency to drop teams that are going to improve within the next couple of years....

Mt. Pleasant, Lawerence Co., Perry Co.

They'll pick up teams that aren't up to par, like Hickman Co.

YOU KNOW LEWIS CO. HAS TO KEEP THAT PERFECT RECORD UNTIL THE PLAYOFFS!

On 10/14/2003 at 8:54 AM, HighSchoolStats said:

I agree WOODROW, Lewis Co. has the tendency to drop the up and coming teams such as Perry Co. There is no doubt in my mind PC could soundly defeat LC at either stadium. Sure they are 7-0 but who can't beat Hickman,Giles or Wayne Co. I believe LC will be eliminated in round one of the playoffs due to playing weaker teams all saeson and not playing the stronger teams like PC and Mt.Pleasant.

On 11/14/2003 at 1:08 PM, bulldawg#2 said:

I just have to say that Lewis County has the weakest region in all of Tennessee. They haven't played anybody all year. All I can say is Watch out for them West-Tn boys.....GO REBELS!!!! LC is totally overrated

For the season, excluding Fayetteville and Riverside, all opponents combined have a 17-30 record. That’s 17 wins and 30 losses. Excluding the previously mentioned schools, only one of Lewis County’s opponents has a winning record!

Talk about numbers! 

Once again you have not answered my question. Pick a region based on logistics that makes sense geographically. Put up or shut up 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Once again you have not answered my question. Pick a region based on logistics that makes sense geographically. Put up or shut up 

I'll give big odds that you get neither option. He's gone back 20 years (what's that tell you?) to find 4 or 5 posters who have somewhat agreed at some point...I could (if I were maniacally obsessed) go back two or three years and find a dozen pages of posters' opinion's about his motivation, intelligence, and/or mental health concerning his obsession with Lewis County's football program. 

• Upvote 1

Page 2021 Schedule:

Fairview- (4-2)

R- Franklin County- (1-4)

Coffee Co.- (2-4)

R- Spring Hill- (0-5) 

Franklin- (1-5)

R- Columbia- (4-2)

R- Nolensville- (1-5)

Independence- (3-3)

R- Lincoln Co.- (1-5)

District- (7-21)

Non-District- (10-14)

Total- (17-35) 

talk about numbers….. lmao! What a beastly schedule. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

For the season, excluding Fayetteville and Riverside, all opponents combined have a 17-30 record. That’s 17 wins and 30 losses. Excluding the previously mentioned schools, only one of Lewis County’s opponents has a winning record!

Talk about numbers! 

Brother, I get it you don’t respect Lewis,but hear me out please,  if your a 16 year old kid reading this constant berating of this group of young men how would you feel ? You can not like the program, coaches, heck the entire school staff , but man   You gotta have some kinda soul that wouldn’t want a young man that suits up in those colors he’s proud to wear read this would you !?  I love banter and your past posts have been great at times but man grind the axe a bit less ! Before you respond, pls, just think about what I am saying , heck no need to reply if you don’t want to ! Peabody Pride has been a mega jerk at times , but there’s a time and a place and it was 100s of posts about Lewis ago ! 

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I'll give big odds that you get neither option. He's gone back 20 years (what's that tell you?) to find 4 or 5 posters who have somewhat agreed at some point...I could (if I were maniacally obsessed) go back two or three years and find a dozen pages of posters' opinion's about his motivation, intelligence, and/or mental health concerning his obsession with Lewis County's football program. 

I have wondered about his mental health as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Brother, I get it you don’t respect Lewis,but hear me out please,  if your a 16 year old kid reading this constant berating of this group of young men how would you feel ? You can not like the program, coaches, heck the entire school staff , but man   You gotta have some kinda soul that wouldn’t want a young man that suits up in those colors he’s proud to wear read this would you !?  I love banter and your past posts have been great at times but man grind the axe a bit less ! Before you respond, pls, just think about what I am saying , heck no need to reply if you don’t want to ! Peabody Pride has been a mega jerk at times , but there’s a time and a place and it was 100s of posts about Lewis ago ! 

That’s why I give him such a hard time. But I promise you he won’t get it. Watch his reply. He won’t he be in the same galaxy as getting it. 

• CoachT locked this topic