Lewis County ‘21 Playoffs

Pizzpatriot2

On 9/18/2021 at 3:32 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Are they going to make it to the second round this year? Will this be the year they advance past the second?

As usual, their region championship will come down to one game against a medium to decent team. This year it will be at the end of the season against Riverside. In past years it seems Chapel Hill was it.

I don’t know enough about Riverside and those West Tennessee teams. I do know Hohenwald always gets put out early, just in time for basketball season.

What say ye; will they be put out by the end of the second round of the playoffs or not? Place your predictions here.

Yes

No

Found another poster in the Lewis/Cascade thread that thinks they beat Cascade Friday night. That will bump them into the second round.

So, that’s like three for yes and two for no.

Story line for this evening:

8-2 Cascade travels to Hohenwald to face 7-3 Lewis County. Both lost last week and both have a loss to Summertown. LC is bringing a two game losing streak where they basically mailed it in before the Summertown game and then got decimated by Riverside. Like Cascade, they only have one win against a team with a winning record and that was against an injury depleted East Hickman team.

I still say Cascade wins this. No way can a team that's already mailed in the season win a playoff game especially with the knowledge that Chapel Hill will blow them out next week. 

However, if Hohenwald wins this evening, that does put them into the second round, which they always lose but gets them an 8-4 record on the year which does look better than 7-4 and, provides two wins over teams with winning records this season.

What say ye, will Hohenwald be playing Chapel Hill next week? 

9 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Story line for this evening:

8-2 Cascade travels to Hohenwald to face 7-3 Lewis County. Both lost last week and both have a loss to Summertown. LC is bringing a two game losing streak where they basically mailed it in before the Summertown game and then got decimated by Riverside. Like Cascade, they only have one win against a team with a winning record and that was against an injury depleted East Hickman team.

I still say Cascade wins this. No way can a team that's already mailed in the season win a playoff game especially with the knowledge that Chapel Hill will blow them out next week. 

However, if Hohenwald wins this evening, that does put them into the second round, which they always lose but gets them an 8-4 record on the year which does look better than 7-4 and, provides two wins over teams with winning records this season.

What say ye, will Hohenwald be playing Chapel Hill next week? 

Well, onto the second round to take on the Rockets from Chapel Hill. They won against a team with a winning record for only the second time this season to do so. 

On 10/31/2021 at 5:25 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Found another poster in the Lewis/Cascade thread that thinks they beat Cascade Friday night. That will bump them into the second round.

So, that’s like three for yes and two for no.

Now the question is, can the make it to round three?

Hohenwald has made it to the playoffs more than the last eight years straight. Five of those years they made it to round two. This includes two 9-1 and one 10-0 regular season records. Can anyone guess how many times, including these 9-1 and 10-0 regular season records, they have made it past round two?

Storyline for this week:

Lewis County comes into round two for the sixth time in ten years. They have not made it past the second round in that decade.

Lewis County boasts an 8-3 record for the year, including playoffs. Including playoffs, They have faced five teams with winning records and only beat two of them. The three losses were by a combined 52 points. 

Forrest comes into Friday's matchup also boasting an 8-3 record, including playoffs. Including the playoffs, they have faced four teams with winning records and are 2-2 in those match ups. For their three losses, they lost by a combined 41 points however, two of those games were against power houses Marion County and Cornersville and the Cornersville loss was only by 10 points. Forrest has been past the second round twice in the last decade.

I give the edge to Forrest but am sure hoping the Hohenwald bunch doesn't cave in like the always do in the playoffs.

Well, another second round exit for the mighty Hohenwald panthers. Seems it doesn’t matter if they have a 6-4, 7-3 or 10-0 regular season record, they will ALWAYS get put out by the second round. 

As for this year, Hohenwald faced six teams out of 12 with winning records. Out of those six, they only won two. Supposedly, the East Hickman win came from a team that had several injuries but, I don’t believe in excuses. The other win against a winning team came against a Cascade team that @GeneralForrestkept telling us was terrible and (over rated)(does that sound familiar?). 

Unfortunately however, we can’t use the #paperchampion nor the #regularseasonpaperchampions for this year. As usual, basically only had to win one game of importance for that title but yet, just could not do that.

I guess I will just have to wait another entire year before I get to begin reminding people how terrible the schedule is and how plain awful the out-of-region schedule is and the early round playoff exit that will surely happen!

19 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Well, another second round exit for the mighty Hohenwald panthers. Seems it doesn’t matter if they have a 6-4, 7-3 or 10-0 regular season record, they will ALWAYS get put out by the second round. 

As for this year, Hohenwald faced six teams out of 12 with winning records. Out of those six, they only won two. Supposedly, the East Hickman win came from a team that had several injuries but, I don’t believe in excuses. The other win against a winning team came against a Cascade team that @GeneralForrestkept telling us was terrible and (over rated)(does that sound familiar?). 

Unfortunately however, we can’t use the #paperchampion nor the #regularseasonpaperchampions for this year. As usual, basically only had to win one game of importance for that title but yet, just could not do that.

I guess I will just have to wait another entire year before I get to begin reminding people how terrible the schedule is and how plain awful the out-of-region schedule is and the early round playoff exit that will surely happen!

See you next year @Pizzpatriot2 for the same song and dance!

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Just a side note here, Page is in the third round.

Just thought I'd point that out to anyone who is not playing basketball down there in Hohenwald.

Yep Page beat a power house 5-7 team last week by 5 points to advance. How does Page get placed in those weak regions? Must have buddies in the TSSAA. 

5 hours ago, sum1uno said:

Yep Page beat a power house 5-7 team last week by 5 points to advance. How does Page get placed in those weak regions? Must have buddies in the TSSAA. 

When you are a good football team, it doesn’t really matter about strength of schedule as long as you make it to the third round. Good teams make it to round three.

Fake teams go 9-1 and/or 10-0 and get put out in the first or second round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

When you are a good football team, it doesn’t really matter about strength of schedule as long as you make it to the third round. Good teams make it to round three.

Fake teams go 9-1 and/or 10-0 and get put out in the first or second round.

I hate ppl that beat their chest over a paper champion

• CoachT locked this topic