Lewis County ‘21 Playoffs

Pizzpatriot2

When I was still in the coaching world, I was an assistant at a rural high school with a record of losing for many years. We were 2-7 when we traveled to Lewis Co. for game 10 - they were 9-0. It was a cold night of about 21 degrees with a strong wind out of the north. Lewis Co. defeated us 52-0, but it could have been 100-0. When the game was over, Coach Sharp ordered the concession stand to stay open and fed our boys and parents - gave them gallons of hot chocolate/coffee. He didn't have to do this. He did this because he cares about kids. Anybody who coaches in today's world has to care about kids, but that guy is special. He has class when he defeats you 50-0 and he has class when you knock his team out of the playoffs. I've seen both sides of him over the past 25 years and he hasn't changed. That's all I have to say about Sharp and the Lewis Co. program. They have good reasons to be proud over there, proud of their coach and the program he has built. 

• Like 1

Appreciate the common sense used by most people on this board. I along with most people on here from Lewis co have that buffoon on ignore so I can’t see what that idiot is saying. I just assume it’s the same dribble he’s spewed for years. 
I’m a realist, I understand where Lewis Co is in the pecking order of high school football, we will consistently compete with the likes of Riverside and Forrest, which usually results in a 2nd round exit from the playoffs with the occasional visit to 3rd round. We are a small county with a very limited talent pool to pull from just like Forrest and Riverside. It says a lot that their coaches along with Sharp are constantly on that level knowing that there are always “down years” (as stupid likes to say).  

1 hour ago, @38320 said:

When I was still in the coaching world, I was an assistant at a rural high school with a record of losing for many years. We were 2-7 when we traveled to Lewis Co. for game 10 - they were 9-0. It was a cold night of about 21 degrees with a strong wind out of the north. Lewis Co. defeated us 52-0, but it could have been 100-0. When the game was over, Coach Sharp ordered the concession stand to stay open and fed our boys and parents - gave them gallons of hot chocolate/coffee. He didn't have to do this. He did this because he cares about kids. Anybody who coaches in today's world has to care about kids, but that guy is special. He has class when he defeats you 50-0 and he has class when you knock his team out of the playoffs. I've seen both sides of him over the past 25 years and he hasn't changed. That's all I have to say about Sharp and the Lewis Co. program. They have good reasons to be proud over there, proud of their coach and the program he has built. 

Great post. Sounds like a good role model for the kids.

14 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Dude u still don’t get it. I challenged you to find a stronger region to play in based on the way it is drawn up by tssaa. U finally countered with the absurd statement just put them in a tougher region. That was the most iconic stupid statement ever mentioned on the T. Did you not read what joekane 13 said. It could be either region 5 or 6. That is the mathematical formula. Clearly u don’t understand and that is a sad thing based on all the crap you have spewed on this topic. You have went and found ppl that have agreed w you the past five years. If u can research this far u can research the way forming regions are done. Please just disappear on this topic. U mentioned don’t reference Page like the way some do and I have not but your not helping the way ppl think of their fan base

I guess you just are not paying attention because I already have.

But, I will, and have, challenge you to find a weaker region but you have continually refused to do so! Add to that, find a more easy region that Lewis County could have been placed in for the past 20 years.

Just as this years second round or earlier playoff loss, you wont be able to.

So, the original question in the original post is;

do you think Lewis County makes it past the second round this year????

1 minute ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

But, I will, and have, challenge you to find a weaker region but you have continually refused to do so! Add to that, find a more easy region that Lewis County could have been placed in for the past 20 years.

With your vast knowledge and great wisdom why don't you propose acceptable regions you have in mind and we will get our buddies at TSSAA to look at it. 

I am sure you don't need it with your acumen for 2A football, but here is the link to the TSSAA classifications so you will have a list of all the 2A schools.

https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2020-21/2021classification.html#di-football

18 hours ago, JoeKane13 said:

Bigpun54, this guy is a complete moron!! He clearly can’t understand, if Lewis Co. could pick the district or not like he says, they were either gonna be in 1 of 2 Regions. Either Region 5 or 6, they are geographically in the middle of both. So who cares. Either you more than likely face Forrest for the Region Championship or you face Parsons Riverside. He clearly don’t understand that and needs mental help. As far as their non district games, they can pic them. Argue that. Tougher non-district Schedule since there will be a couple teams not as strong in the district to ready yourself for the playoffs, Argue that. But you can literally be in one or two that match where your team is located for the regions.. it’s mind blowing that this guy is that infatuated with Lewis County. I mean, it makes you wonder if he’s in an institution at the moment over a High School Football forum lol

What excuse or excuses do you have for the past two decades?

17 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Yes I can’t believe we have endured his hard on for LC the last two years and we finally know he doesn’t even know it works. I will feel so bad if I find out he is already committed lol

Okay

16 hours ago, JoeKane13 said:

Lewis was in 3A in 2013. Cutoff for 2A was 499. Lewis had 503 students, one of the bottom 3 schools in that classification as far as school size. And yes, Alcoa won State that year, they had 502 students. They are also a powerhouse program in the state of Tennessee if you haven’t noticed. They can compete in any classification in the state year in and year out. 
And your ignorance is clearly all that you have put on display for everyone to see. 

Just more and more excuses. What is going to be next? They have easy schedules because it rains more down there? You can’t even utilize your own excuse! Lol you even denigrate it by throwing Alcoa i to the mix; or, are you trying to equate Lewis County in the same realm as Alcoa?

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Right. Lol. He is doing the opposite of what he is intending to. 

Welp, Hohenwald has a 5-1 record but they still are not ranked this week. Could it be that people are finally seeing what the program really is?

36 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Your still not getting it. You Dk how they draw up regions. U can post back after u get the concept. They are in the regions they have been in because of geography, already said this three different times.  Pretty simple actually or should they drive thru the counties close to them to travel three hours to Westview and Huntington to play in their region. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Your still not getting it. You Dk how they draw up regions. U can post back after u get the concept. They are in the regions they have been in because of geography, already said this three different times.  Pretty simple actually or should they drive thru the counties close to them to travel three hours to Westview and Huntington to play in their region. 

We know they are going into the playoffs with either a 9-1 or 8-2 record. That’s an annual given with maybe a 10-0 record every now and then.

the question is do you think they make it past the second round?

13 minutes ago, Bluestorm said:

I dont think I have ever seen anybody so stupid with a grudge that they can't understand plain English 

I guess you could say it's a grudge but it seems more like a dangerous obsession. At this point I think its safe to say that Pizzajoke is a Ted Kozinski type. Freaking disgusting. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

We know they are going into the playoffs with either a 9-1 or 8-2 record. That’s an annual given with maybe a 10-0 record every now and then.

the question is do you think they make it past the second round?

Yes they do after playing in the region they are placed in. I’ve been asking for you to name a better region to put them in based on logistics bc that was your gripe. You could not, even went so far as say put them in with better teams regardless of location. You have proved you have no idea how high school football works and shown how much of an idiot u are. I could care less how LC does every year. I just wanted to make a point bc of your idiotic ramblings the last three years and u made more of an idiot out of yourself every time you commented back.  Change your name on the T and come up w a different agenda and maybe ppl will give some credit to you instead of the clown you are seen as now. I can’t believe I have wasted any time I spent trying to educate you. Btw if they get put out in the second round then oh well, at least they got that far which is better than a lot of programs 

1 hour ago, Bigpun54 said:

Yes they do after playing in the region they are placed in. I’ve been asking for you to name a better region to put them in based on logistics bc that was your gripe. You could not, even went so far as say put them in with better teams regardless of location. You have proved you have no idea how high school football works and shown how much of an idiot u are. I could care less how LC does every year. I just wanted to make a point bc of your idiotic ramblings the last three years and u made more of an idiot out of yourself every time you commented back.  Change your name on the T and come up w a different agenda and maybe ppl will give some credit to you instead of the clown you are seen as now. I can’t believe I have wasted any time I spent trying to educate you. Btw if they get put out in the second round then oh well, at least they got that far which is better than a lot of programs 

WHat’s your answer?

Do you think they will make it past the second round? It’s simple. There are two choices. One is yes and the other is no.

Don’t cower out to fit your agenda by offering “if they ....”. 

By that statement, I’m assuming you are venturing to guess they will. I’m not asking if you think they have a weak schedule or not (on this thread) because it has already been established that they do.

• CoachT locked this topic