Lewis County ‘21 Playoffs

Pizzpatriot2

9 hours ago, TRamrod38 said:

1st or 2nd round is more like it every year. How can a coach go just about every year for over 30 years with those records and never won a state championship or even been to a state championship. When it comes to the playoffs he sucks.

No, when it comes to the playoffs he inevitably runs into more athletic teams. He dominates teams that are similar to the make up of his kids. He cannot control the level of athletic ability that his players are born with. 

It ain't about the X's and O's. Coaching is 20%. Athletes are 80%. Pareto's Law is ALWAYS in effect.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MichaelMyers76 said:

No, when it comes to the playoffs he inevitably runs into more athletic teams. He dominates teams that are similar to the make up of his kids. He cannot control the level of athletic ability that his players are born with. 

It ain't about the X's and O's. Coaching is 20%. Athletes are 80%. Pareto's Law is ALWAYS in effect.

Do you look at Peabody and Lewis County teams right now and think "those are the same level kids"?

3 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

The over-all and underlying proponent is what you just spoke of. I agree with almost everything you said. The exception is the usage of the word similar. The actuality is weaker and smaller teams. When Hohenwald actually faces teams that are similar, they are at best 50/50 and the record dictates that. Look over the past several years and you will see what I am talking about. It is viewed in Riverside, Chapel Hill, Columbia Academy and maybe one or two others. The rest of the schedule is against perennial losing teams. So, that's how they end up with 9-1 or 8-2 records. They can beat all of those bad teams but fail at a rate of 50% of the time to beat teams who are decent or host well above average winning records. This years schedule is a prime example. They have only faced two teams so far this year with winning records. They are 50/50 in those games. However, the one they beat has a record of like 4-3; not dominant. The lone loss is against a 1A team that is undefeated. 

Last year is a perfect example. During the regular season they only played against two opponents with winning (on the field) records. One was 7-3 and the other 5-4 and they barely beat the 5-4 team while the 7-3 team came back IN THE SECOND ROUND and knocked them out. Go back to 2019; they played three teams out of 10 with above .500 records and only won one of those matchups and that was to basketball school Eagleville. 

Hohenwald is not playing similar teams during the regular season MM, they are playing teams of very much lessor makeup.

Trader is not going to like me using his comment below but it fits.

17 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Here's a headline for you...I agree that their typically "soft" non region schedule works against them in the playoffs, but that's Coach Sharp's call and not my business. There, I made the comment...

46 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Like I didn't think you would refer back to it when I typed it...LOL...it's my opinion and I'll stand by it, but it's just my opinion and not fact. Point is, Sharp decides what's best for the program, and he alone answers for it. If LC fans are happy with the success he's had he has done his job well, not many programs have had as much.

5 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

You keep typing these paragraphs and paragraphs but all I hear is butthurt hatred from you. I think a trip to the therapist is in order. Admitting you have a problem is half the battle. Good luck and may God have mercy on your soul! :thumb:

6 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

The over-all and underlying proponent is what you just spoke of. I agree with almost everything you said. The exception is the usage of the word similar. The actuality is weaker and smaller teams. When Hohenwald actually faces teams that are similar, they are at best 50/50 and the record dictates that. Look over the past several years and you will see what I am talking about. It is viewed in Riverside, Chapel Hill, Columbia Academy and maybe one or two others. The rest of the schedule is against perennial losing teams. So, that's how they end up with 9-1 or 8-2 records. They can beat all of those bad teams but fail at a rate of 50% of the time to beat teams who are decent or host well above average winning records. This years schedule is a prime example. They have only faced two teams so far this year with winning records. They are 50/50 in those games. However, the one they beat has a record of like 4-3; not dominant. The lone loss is against a 1A team that is undefeated. 

Last year is a perfect example. During the regular season they only played against two opponents with winning (on the field) records. One was 7-3 and the other 5-4 and they barely beat the 5-4 team while the 7-3 team came back IN THE SECOND ROUND and knocked them out. Go back to 2019; they played three teams out of 10 with above .500 records and only won one of those matchups and that was to basketball school Eagleville. 

Hohenwald is not playing similar teams during the regular season MM, they are playing teams of very much lessor makeup.

You said all that and guess what… Page still sucks. 

And the thing is I said before the season that LC has an uphill battle this year. Along with some good seniors we had 4 starters that are not playing this year.  I have been surprised by the amount of success LC has had and I don’t care who’s it is against. The thing  that the haters miss is that LC is competitive even during the years when the talent level is not there.

8 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

And the thing is I said before the season that LC has an uphill battle this year. Along with some good seniors we had 4 starters that are not playing this year.  I have been surprised by the amount of success LC has had and I don’t care who’s it is against. The thing  that the haters miss is that LC is competitive even during the years when the talent level is not there.

It’s not “haters”…. There is only one. 

• CoachT locked this topic