Dobyns-Bennett @ GreenEville

KEV-O

49 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Critics will say that DB got to 5-0 by not playing anybody.   

Okay, true, but other than Elizabethton who has the GREENE played?   

Their only opponent over .500 (barely) is Morristown West.     

Will this be a clash of the unbeatens that comes down to the wire, a game that would even put a cloudy haze around Major Amos B. Hoople's crystal ball?   Will the scoring bounce back and forth as each team seeks to assert itself as THE football powerhouse on this end of the state?   Will the fans be drained at the end from the drama on the field?    Will some laugh, some cry, some kiss the season goodbye?    

Probably not.

Think about it Blaze. Everybody had Betsy and Greeneville was the pretender. Devils win by 30. Betsy dominated SHHS AND THE Hill dominated Anderson county who just beat Undefeated South Doyle. I will even say West is not terrible but average. The Devils embarrassed them.

Edited by noonesfool

17 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

Is that the one with a cannon ball in it?

Nope, that is Cumberland Presbyterian Church on Main Street. The church was hit by a cannonball on a raid by the Yankees to assassinate or capture General John Hunt Morgan. He was basically assassinated in his night shirt and then dragged through the street.. The church was repaired and a cannon ball was placed in the wall. The cannon was fired from a ridge where Greeneville’s prominent  town hall is now located.

Edited by noonesfool

25 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Nope, that is Cumberland Presbyterian Church on Main Street. The church was hit by a cannonball on a raid by the Yankees to assassinate or capture General John Hunt Morgan. He was basically assassinated in his night shirt and then dragged through the street.. The church was repaired and a cannon ball was placed in the wall. The cannon was fired from a ridge where Greeneville’s prominent  town hall is now located.

Love the history thanks coach!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

The thunderbolt of the Confederate army ,General Morgan spent his last night in the the house Batman was born in 98 years later. So much history in Greeneville and this area. Next week the Tribe goes to Greeneville to try and make a little more.I believe my Devils have to much speed but as I always say, it's not over until the game is played  

Greeneville definitely has/is History.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Downtown there is a building with a plaque on it that said Buffalo Bill Cody performed here. It’s on a corner across from the Federal Court House. Do you know the building or what it was?

I've never seen that plaque.It may have been there for a hundred years but I never noticed it.kind of like the plaque they put way out on 93 going towards Kingsport that I seen.It's for the land that Davy Crockett's family had after his birthplace and maybe before they had the mill towards South Greene or moved to the  Morristown area.I might have that wrong but I've been wrong before.