Dobyns-Bennett @ GreenEville

KEV-O

Just now, noonesfool said:

Barb, what they WANT and what they KNOW are 2 different things. Now they do NEED some crow!

I tried to tell him that DB ain't seen nothing this season that could prepare them for Greeneville. Man I sure do miss being in NET...these folks around here think the state ends in Sevier County..

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, barb said:

I tried to tell him that DB ain't seen nothing this season that could prepare them for Greeneville. Man I sure do miss being in NET...these folks around here think the state ends in Sevier County..

I don't know who the guy was you talked to but apparently he didn't know much about DB or Greeneville. I'm sure DB had either watched game film or had a scouting report on Greeneville so DB knew exactly what they were walking into. Give them a slight break if you can. They graduated 31 players off last years team and Greeneville had a lot of guys back off a really good team from last year. The timing just wasn't there for tonight's game to be much of a contest.  That's the way it breaks down sometimes. 

17 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well I wasn't there but I wish I had been to witness the great coverage. DB hasn't had 3 quarters of great coverage total in 20 years. 

Waco Quillen hit 3 receivers in the hands and the secondary was all over them causing drops. Another receiver was hit hard after a 15 yard run causing a fumble. Offensively DB revealed a hole in GHS secondary with the tight end going straight down the middle. GHS adjusted but it was a huge whole.

Edited by noonesfool

Well the final score although not close was closer than I thought it would be. I think closer than most thought it would be. DB hung in there for three quarters and that's a plus. I think Greeneville takes state 4A this year without much of a problem. If DB continues to learn and improve I think they end up at 8-2. Not that bad in a rebuilding year. 

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

Through 3 quarters DB played great coverage. GHS had too many athletes.

Greeneville had one athlete. Gudger. Without him it's a 7-7 game and heading to OT. Gudger is a freakin beast. 

26 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well the final score although not close was closer than I thought it would be. I think closer than most thought it would be. DB hung in there for three quarters and that's a plus. I think Greeneville takes state 4A this year without much of a problem. If DB continues to learn and improve I think they end up at 8-2. Not that bad in a rebuilding year. 

Who's the second loss to? Oak Ridge or the team from Johnson City? 

11 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Greeneville had one athlete. Gudger. Without him it's a 7-7 game and heading to OT. Gudger is a freakin beast. 

If you think Gudger is the only athlete,  you are mistaken. With that being said, DB knew he was the hoss and couldn't come up with a plan to stop him...or even contain him.  Greeneville won this one by dominating the LOS.  The biggest takeaway from this game is that the Devils can play 4 quarters of football and finish. Gudger only had 43 yards rushing at the half and finished with 188... 20 more yards than the whole Indian offense could muster. DB was gassed midway through the 3rd quarter and the well-conditioned Devils made them pay. It's all about the weight room.

19 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

It will be to the team from Johnson City. And also notice I said if DB continues to improve. I think Science Hill has to good of a passing attack and to much speed for DB to handle. And you know Carter will try to put as many points on the board as he possibly can. 

• Upvote 1