Dobyns-Bennett @ GreenEville

KEV-O

On 9/24/2021 at 2:34 PM, Indian2424 said:

so theres no stream tonight?

What was the story with this?  It was reported that Greeneville would not allow this.  Can someone verify this?  Can't imagine any good reason that they wouldn't allow this game to be streamed.  If so, seems petty.  Unless it has something to do with HUDL.  However, this doesn't stop WCYB from broadcasting from Burley.  

Being a fan of Greeneville first,second, thrid and then a DB fan, I think it was a good game for both teams.I'm personally glad the game tightened up after the Devils fast start,before the pull away later in the game .I was actually starting to wonder what Greeneville was going to do if DB continued their  momentum and tied the game or even took the lead.I know the staff is awesome but at the same time,we are all human and it's easy to make sudden changes if things are not going as well as expected.I'm glad Greeneville's strength and conditioning program was part of the difference because I doubt many 4A programs will wear Greeneville down if DB can't with their numbers.

43 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Being a fan of Greeneville first,second, thrid and then a DB fan, I think it was a good game for both teams.I'm personally glad the game tightened up after the Devils fast start,before the pull away later in the game .I was actually starting to wonder what Greeneville was going to do if DB continued their  momentum and tied the game or even took the lead.I know the staff is awesome but at the same time,we are all human and it's easy to make sudden changes if things are not going as well as expected.I'm glad Greeneville's strength and conditioning program was part of the difference because I doubt many 4A programs will wear Greeneville down if DB can't with their numbers.

Not sure about those "numbers" Batman. I got curious and checked the school websites. Greeneville has 77 players on their varsity roster and DB has 51. Seems really low for DB though. 

31 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Not sure about those "numbers" Batman. I got curious and checked the school websites. Greeneville has 77 players on their varsity roster and DB has 51. Seems really low for DB though. 

On Greeneville’s school website they have the 22 Freshman on the Varsity Roster and a lot of have seen some time in Varsity game.  The leading rushing TD’s against Granger was by a Freshman and Carson Quillen a Freshman had an INT against Central in the first game of the year.

That does seem low for DB to only have 51 on the roster for Varsity though

The cover two bothered Greeneville hadn't seen much zone. And the QB throwed the receivers in to the safety's where they were Just standing there waiting to deliver a Big Hit. 71 for Greeneville not being healthy hurt Greeneville run defense up the middle. DB Had a Very good game plan with their defense and their slow it down take the entire play clock before snapping the Ball. It was a plan to keep them close for as long as they could stay close. But at the end of the Day Greeneville pulled away because they have to much speed and ATHLETES. DB is not far off Greeneville up front it's pretty close. DB ran the Ball well up the middle but they couldn't block the Greeneville Defensive ends in the passing Game. I give a lot of credit to DB for playing hard and having a good plan. They are a little better than I thought they were before the Game. Good luck to them the rest of the Way. Glad GHS has some stuff to watch on film. They will have to figure out that zone before the playoffs

Edited by Greendevil87

26 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

The cover two bothered Greeneville hadn't seen much zone. And the QB throwed the receivers in to the safety's where they were Just standing there waiting to deliver a Big Hit. 71 for Greeneville not being healthy hurt Greeneville run defense up the middle. DB Had a Very good game plan with their defense and their slow it down take the entire play clock before snapping the Ball. It was a plan to keep them close for as long as they could stay close. But at the end of the Day Greeneville pulled away because they have to much speed and ATHLETES. DB is not far off Greeneville up front it's pretty close. DB ran the Ball well up the middle but they couldn't block the Greeneville Defensive ends in the passing Game. I give a lot of credit to DB for playing hard and having a good plan. They are a little better than I thought they were before the Game. Good luck to them the rest of the Way. Glad GHS has some stuff to watch on film. They will have to figure out that zone before the playoffs

Good analyst. This game should help both teams going forward. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

I haven't done what every Greeneville coach and possibly every top 4A playoff opponent has done since Friday.Study the game film.Yep, as I've said,the coaches know the team a lot better then myself. They knew the running game would probably open up and I was more concerned the passing game wasn't what it should be against DB.Some defenses beg you to throw into coverage and you have to either take the short stuff or run the ball unless your a Tom Brady .Even he will try and force a play into coverage every now and then.