William Blount Welcomes Sevier County

Shadroach

Please let me show everyone from William Blount that most likely wasn't even born yet how they are the old Everett High School made all over again. Let's examine the last five years of Everett Bulldogs football record and see the resemblance. The 72 team was junior loaded which ended up 26 seniors the following year on a 48 man squad. Sort of like the 2007 WB team and what followed after.

1972   Everett Bulldogs     Clifford Irwin     4-5-2

McMinn County    0-21,  Knox Central  0-22,  Morristown West  22-21,  Loudon  34-7,  Greenville 14-14,  Maryville 7-21,  Carter  22-16,  Fulton  12-14,  Sevier County  12-12,  Clinton  7-12,  Morristown East  39-19

1973    Everett Bulldogs    Clifford Irwin     9-2

McMinn County  10-0,  Knox Central  0-12,  Morristown West  25-15,  Kingsport DB  33-19,  Sevier Co. 29-13

Maryville  24-7, Carter  43-12,  Fulton  30-7,  Sullivan East  36-20,  Clinton  42-21,  Scenic Bowl Game in Chatt. McCallie  7-9      This was the best team Everett High ever put out since the 1941 team that went 10-0. The loss to Knox Central knocked them out of the playoffs. Those were the days when you were proud to have a playoff letter on your jacket because it usually meant you were a top eight school in the state. Mike White also coached on this team earning a head coaching job a Erwin High School before coming back home to William Blount.

1974    Everett Bulldogs    Clifford Irwin      1-9

McMinn County  0-21,  Bearden  0-27,  Morristown West  6-20,  Bradley County  0-25 ,  Sevier Co. 7-0

Maryville  7-21,  Fulton  0-49,  Sullivan East 6-13,  Clinton  20-28,  Crossville  0-21

1975    Everett Bulldogs    Clifford Irwin      3-7

Clinton  6-7,  McMinn County  14-32,  Bearden  7-9,  Morristown West  8-7,  Bradley County  8-42

Sevier County  0-14,  Maryville 7-13,   Jefferson County 12-6,  Fulton  21-33,  Newport  23-8

1976     Everett Bulldogs   Clifford Irwin      2-8

Sevier County  15-8,  McMinn County  9-29,  Clinton  16-21,  Morristown West  14-0,  Oak Ridge  14-32

Campbell County  14-16,  Maryville  10-21,  Jefferson County  9-40,  Fulton  12-36,  Newport  6-25 

Now this is 100% DNA proof Everett was William Blount's Daddy. Apples don't fall to far from the tree.

I have never been more apathetic about WB football than I am right now, except for (maybe) the 2017 season. That was another season where everyone thought the schedule was favorable but optimism quickly disappeared after a really bad loss to Lenoir City to open the season. That season we ended up going 1-9 and I think that's going to be our final record this year unless a whole lot of stuff changes really fast. I'm so disinterested that I only tuned into the stream for a few minutes in the first quarter tonight and saw that the game was another s### show and turned it off, and I didn't even look at the final score until just now.

• Like 1