Lenoir City host Ribbinsville

Sandman63

Robbinsville:  

The home of country music superstar Ronnie Millsap.  

Also the home of Moonshiners stars Jeff Waldroup, Jim Tom Hedrick, Mark Rogers, Lynn Waldroup, Huck with no last name, and the late Lance Waldroup.  

And Robbinsville High has a few North Carolina high school football championships in it's history, too, 11 according to the Google Machine.  

Been there many times, by the way.  It's on the east end of The Dragon, which my much better half and I have driven many times with the top down on a beautiful sunny day.  

Seems to be a beautiful place... They have had issues with games state wide.  The Panthers are using offense to move around this season, seem to just struggle past couple of weeks getting the ball in the end zone.  Watching them seems that they are not the most efficient when it comes to limiting penalties.  They have averaged about 280 passing and around 65 on the ground.  The other issue is they give up around 32 a game. 

Just now, Appvol said:

Robbinsville is a small 1a school in the Smokey Mtn Conference. They have 14 state championships in their history last one in 2019. They will be a pretty solid team. Murphy is in their conference and beat Cherokee,TN last week 63-23 last week.

Kage Williams will have a ton of yards and tackles in this one.

5 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Robbinsville is a small 1a school in the Smokey Mtn Conference. They have 14 state championships in their history last one in 2019. They will be a pretty solid team. Murphy is in their conference and beat Cherokee,TN last week 63-23 last week.

Thanks for the correction on the number of championships. Saw a couple of different numbers on The Google Machine.  

They certainly are a very good program in the smallest classification, historically much like Greenback and Coalfield have been in Tennessee.  

And you mention that Murphy is in their conference - Murphy just happens to be the home of whom I believe to be the best WR ever at the University of Tennessee, and one of the greatest athletes in the history of the school in Carl Pickens.  

Edited by HTV
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

Thanks for the correction on the number of championships. Saw a couple of different numbers on The Google Machine.  

They certainly are a very good program in the smallest classification, historically much like Greenback and Coalfield have been in Tennessee.  

And you mention that Murphy is in their conference - Murphy just happens to be the home of whom I believe to be the best WR ever at the University of Tennessee, and one of the greatest athletes in the history of the school in Carl Pickens.  

Yeah 2 of Tennessee best players have came out of the SMC.  I went to high school in North Carolina graduated in early 90s. 

2 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Yeah 2 of Tennessee best players have came out of the SMC.  I went to high school in North Carolina graduated in early 90s. 

Dawg82 and I are a few years older than you, but we played baseball at a juco just east of Asheville together and had some teammates from Robbinsville and Murphy.  Dawg82 is from just up the road in Enka.  

Saw those two school play several times during my time in Western North Carolina.  

44 minutes ago, HTV said:

Robbinsville:  

The home of country music superstar Ronnie Millsap.  

Also the home of Moonshiners stars Jeff Waldroup, Jim Tom Hedrick, Mark Rogers, Lynn Waldroup, Huck with no last name, and the late Lance Waldroup.  

And Robbinsville High has a few North Carolina high school football championships in it's history, too, 11 according to the Google Machine.  

Been there many times, by the way.  It's on the east end of The Dragon, which my much better half and I have driven many times with the top down on a beautiful sunny day.  

Huck is my favorite.  Gotta love Jim Tom too.