Lenoir City host Ribbinsville

Sandman63

5 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I wish we could have said we gave Maryville all they wanted but I would be lying lol.  We got beat 40-0 in 2011 and 42-7 in 2012

Well, when I say “gave them all they wanted” I just mean they kept it within 21 points. Lol!! You know Maryville, they blast most teams in this area by 30+ every year, except for Alcoa. BTW, I think it was 2013, the score was 28-10. To me, that’s pretty dang respectable when you’re playing Maryville, especially when it’s LC.

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

The last time LC was good in Football was 2011 and 2012.  2011 they finished 7-6 in arguably the toughest 5a/6a conference in the state but was put out by Powell and Dy'shawn Mobley in the Quarter Finals 34-26 after going to Middle TN (As the #4 seed) the first two round of the playoffs beating Columbia Central (The defending state Champs in 5a) and Centennial in the 2nd round. 

2012 they finished 9-3 and 2nd in the Conference behind Maryville.  The conference consisted of Maryville, Heritage, Bearden, Farragut, Knox Catholic, Knox West, and William Blount.  Unfortunately they laid an Egg in the 2nd round against Ooltewah.  I was a Defensive LB's Coach for those teams.

I remember that 2011 team pretty well. They fell behind Powell by a few scores in that QF matchup, and somehow Camion Patrick almost willed them to OT. That was a great season for LC, and so was 2012. Back when they were <1000 kids, I remember they had a couple of good seasons in the mid/late-90s.

That community is growing like crazy, and I think that could be a cherry job for the right coach.

21 hours ago, BlackKnight15 said:

I'm from Robbinsville.

I'm just Hoping to keep it close.

I think LC has more HS kids than Robbinsville has k-12. We will show up and try even though I'm sure we are the underdogs. 

BlackKnight, how did you guys jump on Asheville High, Asheville beats Brevard then you drop the game to Brevard? I'm from Enka originally and try to keep up with WNC football. Did Covid have a say?

Some was covid but we had 500 yds of offense but didn't score on 4 trip to RedZone. We are young and had about ten fumble from center to QB. We recovered most but lost alot of down and yds because of it. We really should of beat Brevard 31 -14 round about. Starting center been out since last year. Should be back soon if not Friday. 

If we play like we did vs Brevard we might lose to LC. If we play like we did vs Asheville we will beat LC easy.

I'm not sure how we will do with the time off. Four week from game to game is a long time. 

Enja has a good wrestling program as does robbinsville.

4 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I remember that 2011 team pretty well. They fell behind Powell by a few scores in that QF matchup, and somehow Camion Patrick almost willed them to OT. That was a great season for LC, and so was 2012. Back when they were <1000 kids, I remember they had a couple of good seasons in the mid/late-90s.

That community is growing like crazy, and I think that could be a cherry job for the right coach.

Patrick was a real thorn in Powell's side. As a freshman at Clinton he pretty much beat Powell all on his own.  

10 hours ago, BlackKnight15 said:

Some was covid but we had 500 yds of offense but didn't score on 4 trip to RedZone. We are young and had about ten fumble from center to QB. We recovered most but lost alot of down and yds because of it. We really should of beat Brevard 31 -14 round about. Starting center been out since last year. Should be back soon if not Friday. 

If we play like we did vs Brevard we might lose to LC. If we play like we did vs Asheville we will beat LC easy.

I'm not sure how we will do with the time off. Four week from game to game is a long time. 

Enja has a good wrestling program as does robbinsville.

That and softball are about all Enka excels in! Robbinsville has definitely had a storied football program with all of their success. 

On 9/21/2021 at 9:32 AM, HTV said:

Robbinsville:  

The home of country music superstar Ronnie Millsap.  

Also the home of Moonshiners stars Jeff Waldroup, Jim Tom Hedrick, Mark Rogers, Lynn Waldroup, Huck with no last name, and the late Lance Waldroup.  

And Robbinsville High has a few North Carolina high school football championships in it's history, too, 11 according to the Google Machine.  

Been there many times, by the way.  It's on the east end of The Dragon, which my much better half and I have driven many times with the top down on a beautiful sunny day.  

My wife's family (Collins) is from there.  Many of her cousins played for Robbinsville High.  Good to see them take a game on "the other side of the mountain" as they say there.  Smokey Mountain conference football is good small town football.  It should be a good game.

• Like 1