Emory Road Rivalry - Halls @ Powell

osunut2

4 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Yup.

The fumble that set up the winner score was really close. I've watched the replay a few times, and I'm not so sure.

Yeah. Not a good look when the officials have to have a conference to decide if it was a fumble or not. 

Not a good night for that officials crew across the board.  

7 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yeah. Not a good look when the officials have to have a conference to decide if it was a fumble or not. 

Not a good night for that officials crew across the board.  

I'll give Cummings some credit though. He clearly watched Powell's film from the Clinton game. They sat back in a 2 or 3-deep zone a lot tonight, and they dared Potts to either find those soft spots or to take shots down the field. They also did a nice job spying him. 

Edited by osunut2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I'll give Cummings some credit though. He clearly watched Powell's film from the Clinton game. They sat back in a 2 or 3-deep zone a lot tonight, and they dared Potts to either find those soft spots or to take shots down the field. They also did a nice job spying him. 

Scott is a really smart football guy, and his DC is sharp, as well.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2021 at 1:38 PM, thefox said:

That's fine, he has won every where he has been and Cleveland will be where they always are, losing in the first round of the playoffs. Cleveland has only won one playoff game since their 2013 semifinal "appearance" and I'll let you take a guess on who the coach of the team was that beat them.

You are an MJ grad and pull for MJ but you are all up on Cummings jock! You are everywhere just slobbering all over this guy. Didn’t the great ONE coach at Cleveland? If he was so good why didn’t he win more playoff games at Cleveland. You were ready to erect a statue for the guy and name the stadium after him at West the week they played. What gives Foxy Scotty??? Something just don’t seem right about all of this.

2 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

You are an MJ grad and pull for MJ but you are all up on Cummings jock! You are everywhere just slobbering all over this guy. Didn’t the great ONE coach at Cleveland? If he was so good why didn’t he win more playoff games at Cleveland. You were ready to erect a statue for the guy and name the stadium after him at West the week they played. What gives Foxy Scotty??? Something just don’t seem right about all of this.

It's called unapproved website. Look it up. I also live on the Tennessee Prep Football database. My wife and I retired to Farragut about ten years ago and our kids are grown now. We used to go watch west Knoxville schools when we first moved because we missed going to games. The anti-MJ bias on here is revolting but my love for prep football won't be extinguished by a few users' negativity.

Edited by thefox
TYPO

15 minutes ago, thefox said:

It's called unapproved website. Look it up. I also live on the Tennessee Prep Football database. My wife and I retired to Farragut about ten years ago and our kids are grown now. We used to go watch west Knoxville schools when we first moved because we missed going to games. The anti-MJ bias on here is revolting but my love for prep football won't be extinguished by a few users' negativity.

I'm ignorant on this, probably because I don't follow a lot of mid-state threads, but what is this anti-MJ bias you speak of? There is a notorious MJ poster here that did a lot of smack talking prior to re-classification, so maybe he's drawn the ire of some folks on here?

BTW, I just moved to Farragut last year myself.

Edited by osunut2