Oneida vs Rockwood

Spike016

5 hours ago, pujo said:

Tough luck Crow, we both knew how this one goes. I was not gonna be surprised either way. 

Ended up 24-13. Had a pick 6 very early that hurt us. They jumped up 14-0 early in the game and we just couldn’t catch them. It was exactly the type of game I thought it would be between these 2. Pretty even game but Rockwood made a couple of big plays and we didn’t. Our games almost always come down to a few plays making the difference. This on was the same way. Looking like we might be seeing you boys at your place round 1 unless we can somehow get by Monterey. I do not see that happening this year. Tough break on SG but don’t reckon it ended either of our season’s. Just not the way we’d hoped I reckon. 

31 minutes ago, crow said:

Game was to. This is exactly what I was talking about. We always have a battle with Rockwood. Just the way it is. 

I almost nailed the 3 TD win tho!!Too bad it was the other team.LOL.Dang this Rockwood team!If you were the number 1 team in 2A and played these jokers without a win the game would be a tossup!Shake my head.

Nice to be back on the reservation.  No better view watching a football game ever!   Got to watch the Nephews, the tall one got to score a touch down.  :) Too  bad the game didn't go the way of the Indians.   Definably one you want back, but have to go on!

I didn't realize how  young Oneida was, I think Coach May is gonna build on this.  Go Indians!

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Watched a little footage.Man Rockwood has a big punishing runner in 17,I saw him demolish a couple Indians.Wonder why Rockwood is so unpredictable?They also have a good looking ball club.

He’s a bruiser. What was his name, ran like he was mad all the time. Definitely likes finishing runs for sure. 

38 minutes ago, crow said:

He’s a bruiser. What was his name, ran like he was mad all the time. Definitely likes finishing runs for sure. 

He hit a CB on the left side of the Offense and the kid disappeared out of frame!I ran into some family friends from RW for dinner Sat and he showed me a few of his runs dont remember his name but could play line for us.lol.BUT he can move!

45 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

He hit a CB on the left side of the Offense and the kid disappeared out of frame!I ran into some family friends from RW for dinner Sat and he showed me a few of his runs dont remember his name but could play line for us.lol.BUT he can move!

I think the kid from Oneida is a sophomore.  Not sure 20 extra pounds would help though.  That Tiger was on rails all night. What a way to earn your strips.  Rockwood threw the ball more than I remember from 10-12 years ago

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

I think the kid from Oneida is a sophomore.  Not sure 20 extra pounds would help though.  That Tiger was on rails all night. What a way to earn your strips.  Rockwood threw the ball more than I remember from 10-12 years ago

I like those type runners.As crow said he ran mad,that's the way your suppose to.I know you know what we mean.You like those types also.Oneida is still gonna be a tough out!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I like those type runners.As crow said he ran mad,that's the way your suppose to.I know you know what we mean.You like those types also.Oneida is still gonna be a tough out!

heck yeah, that Rockwood kid was SmashMouth!:  :D I like that hard running style, bruising backs.

Straight up and down, no joke, Earl "The Pearl" Campbell was on our flight back to Austin.  I was in the back, when I got up front, I asked the pilot, "Was that Earl Campbell?"   He was like..."Yep!"     Talk about a brusier!

Crazy though, I was expecting like a 9-7 game, or 10-7 Oneida-Rockwood game!   Both ream threw a lot more.  Probably better offense trying to get a gold ball these days instead of the ole "3 yards and cloud of dust".