Oneida vs Rockwood

Spike016

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I think the kid from Oneida is a sophomore.  Not sure 20 extra pounds would help though.  That Tiger was on rails all night. What a way to earn your strips.  Rockwood threw the ball more than I remember from 10-12 years ago

Yes and a scrawny one at the lol. He’ll beef up, he’s gonna be a good one. Hate I missed you but never heard for sure if you were coming up or not. Maybe next time Amigo, stay safe. 

2 hours ago, crow said:

Yes and a scrawny one at the lol. He’ll beef up, he’s gonna be a good one. Hate I missed you but never heard for sure if you were coming up or not. Maybe next time Amigo, stay safe. 

Hey Man, that young man put on a hat and ran up to deliver a blow.  Takes a lot of guts just to do that at any level!  I was scared to death till my junior year.  After that....I was just too stupid to care! 

Yeah, dad gummit.  We flew in to surprise the boys (which was awesome) so we didn't plan too much. I should have confirmed I  was flying out and said "lets catch up in front of the press box!"  Next time for sure Pancho!

Lots of football left to be played.  I like Coach May's team.  I think he's gonna do very well at HC.  The wife and I will be tuned in in a few week to Tim, Mark and John L!

On 10/2/2021 at 5:32 AM, crow said:

Game was to. This is exactly what I was talking about. We always have a battle with Rockwood. Just the way it is. 

Football is unpredictable at times but you gotta love it.  I believe Oneida will be fine come playoff time.  You may get another shot at the tigers yet! 

9 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Football is unpredictable at times but you gotta love it.  I believe Oneida will be fine come playoff time.  You may get another shot at the tigers yet! 

We’ll get there. Still very young and honestly the mentality around the program is changing. We’ve been very “play it safe” on offense with a play not to lose instead of a play to win mentality. We’ve been a program that hung its hat on defense winning games if the offense can just put up a handful of points. Coach May is approaching it from a little different direction. We’re a little less conservative on offense and are more likely to take risks understanding you must score more that 14 in today’s game. It’ll take time for the players to adjust to the new type of program but they will. TL is a great man and an amazing coach. I’m in no way taking anything away from him or what he did at Oneida. I openly say we were better with him on staff but like everything, coaching careers have seasons. All indications are he’s still calling one heck of a stingy defense, don’t think anyone thought anything less would happen.