Week 7: Fayetteville visits Cornersville

MC4FHS

On 9/27/2021 at 10:08 PM, vandyfan1 said:

McKenzie was the second best 2A team in the state last year and had Peabody on the walking plank late in the 4th very late I might add. They returned a ton of players. You would think some posters would educate themselves before posting. Maybe they are educated on McKenzie and think they don’t have anything! Who knows? Boy are they in for a rude awakening :popcorneater:

Let me get this straight. They lose in the championship. Then they get to move down to play smaller schools and try again.  Where’s the outrage? lol

36 minutes ago, Tatface said:

Let me get this straight. They lose in the championship. Then they get to move down to play smaller schools and try again.  Where’s the outrage? lol

Peabody has won 3 straight championships in a row. Peabody played mckenzie during the regular season beat them then played them 3rd round went to overtime and won. 

17 minutes ago, Moknows3 said:

I'm hearing a lot of talk that there's going to be problems in CV tomorrow night. I really hope its just talk and those dogs aren't planning on starting any trouble. The Tigers just need to stay level-headed and not fall for it, if that does happen. 

It woudlnt shock many if/when they bring their antics out. Heard about the disgraceful plays they had last yr and got by with and still couldnt get the Dub over Fayetteville. The Tigers def need to keep their cool and move on to the next play when they starting getting dirty as hard as it may be. Would love to know what crew will be calling this game because Fayetteville will have a tough time dealing with home cooking as well. They come out and play how they are capable of this one could be over in a blink because they seem to be a far better team they was a yr ago.  I can however see this one dragging out in bloodbath but the athletes Fayetteville has will push them over the top.

1 hour ago, Moknows3 said:

I'm hearing a lot of talk that there's going to be problems in CV tomorrow night. I really hope its just talk and those dogs aren't planning on starting any trouble. The Tigers just need to stay level-headed and not fall for it, if that does happen. 

The bulldogs just play way to physical for other teams to handle.  So quit telling lies on here. 

1 hour ago, TheSkipBayless said:

It woudlnt shock many if/when they bring their antics out. Heard about the disgraceful plays they had last yr and got by with and still couldnt get the Dub over Fayetteville. The Tigers def need to keep their cool and move on to the next play when they starting getting dirty as hard as it may be. Would love to know what crew will be calling this game because Fayetteville will have a tough time dealing with home cooking as well. They come out and play how they are capable of this one could be over in a blink because they seem to be a far better team they was a yr ago.  I can however see this one dragging out in bloodbath but the athletes Fayetteville has will push them over the top.

The worst post I have read this decade. 

Edited by Rocketboy21

12 minutes ago, Rocketboy21 said:

The dumbest post I have read this decade. 

so there was no malicious hits after the whistle or at any other time during the game last yr? The refs didnt give Fayetteville a 88 yard flag? which is impossible to have but they managed to create it. playing that way is their only chance to compete with them. Unless from what ive heard is incorrect... but anyways CV couldnt handle Clay co and they dont have near the plethora of talent Fayetteville has. 

1 hour ago, BossDog said:
3 hours ago, Moknows3 said:

Just so you know... I've heard it from C'ville folks. So are they lying?!

It doesn't really matter, honestly, lets just hope for a good clean game and every player on the field stays injury free! 

Edited by Moknows3

This game last year was the turning point for Fayetteville's season in my opinion.

I attended this game last year.  It was my 1st trip ever to Frog Bottom. 

City was up 14-0 and was driving with their first possession of the 2nd half.   Had the ball 1st and goal. Then on 2nd and goal a City player was suplexed. So City responded.  And after City players left the 'bench' area and the white hat stepped off the yardage it was 3rd and 62.   Say what?  Yes, it was 3rd and 62.  False start next play made it 3rd & 67.

Anyway,  City held on for a 14-7 crazy hard fought victory and wrapped up the region championship.  

The next game City was minus 4-5 key players and lost to Gordonsville by 7.

I brought all this up to state an opinion of mine that I've been wanting to make for a little while.  This game last year was the turning point for Fayetteville.  Yes, they lost composure and had several ejected.  But they held on and pulled out the victory. 

Since that game they have played better assignment football,  more disciplined and are better prepared.  

Anyway,  good luck to both teams.  I'd like to attend but I'm headed to GA Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

This game last year was the turning point for Fayetteville's season in my opinion.

I attended this game last year.  It was my 1st trip ever to Frog Bottom. 

City was up 14-0 and was driving with their first possession of the 2nd half.   Had the ball 1st and goal. Then on 2nd and goal a City player was suplexed. So City responded.  And after City players left the 'bench' area and the white hat stepped off the yardage it was 3rd and 62.   Say what?  Yes, it was 3rd and 62.  False start next play made it 3rd & 67.

Anyway,  City held on for a 14-7 crazy hard fought victory and wrapped up the region championship.  

The next game City was minus 4-5 key players and lost to Gordonsville by 7.

I brought all this up to state an opinion of mine that I've been wanting to make for a little while.  This game last year was the turning point for Fayetteville.  Yes, they lost composure and had several ejected.  But they held on and pulled out the victory. 

Since that game they have played better assignment football,  more disciplined and are better prepared.  

Anyway,  good luck to both teams.  I'd like to attend but I'm headed to GA Friday. 

I remember you updating us from that game.