Week 7: Fayetteville visits Cornersville

MC4FHS

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

This game last year was the turning point for Fayetteville's season in my opinion.

I attended this game last year.  It was my 1st trip ever to Frog Bottom. 

City was up 14-0 and was driving with their first possession of the 2nd half.   Had the ball 1st and goal. Then on 2nd and goal a City player was suplexed. So City responded.  And after City players left the 'bench' area and the white hat stepped off the yardage it was 3rd and 62.   Say what?  Yes, it was 3rd and 62.  False start next play made it 3rd & 67.

Anyway,  City held on for a 14-7 crazy hard fought victory and wrapped up the region championship.  

The next game City was minus 4-5 key players and lost to Gordonsville by 7.

I brought all this up to state an opinion of mine that I've been wanting to make for a little while.  This game last year was the turning point for Fayetteville.  Yes, they lost composure and had several ejected.  But they held on and pulled out the victory. 

Since that game they have played better assignment football,  more disciplined and are better prepared.  

Anyway,  good luck to both teams.  I'd like to attend but I'm headed to GA Friday. 

I remember seeing you (or rather someone who I thought was you) on the CV Facebook stream of the game.  They/you  were in front of the camera, and on their phone on each play.  Could have sworn they had a backpack w/ a skull and crossbones on it.  

I agree with you that the CV game was a milestone point for our program, and even though we had more players suspended for the following week, we still managed to keep focused and move past that to accomplish a successful season.  Our kids still get emotional and make mistakes/penalties that leave us folks in the stands and in these forums shaking our heads, but for the most part they seem to be more in control.  One game at a time, and our time is Friday in Frog-bottom.  "One ring to rule them all"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Varo said:

I remember seeing you (or rather someone who I thought was you) on the CV Facebook stream of the game.  They/you  were in front of the camera, and on their phone on each play.  Could have sworn they had a backpack w/ a skull and crossbones on it.  

I agree with you that the CV game was a milestone point for our program, and even though we had more players suspended for the following week, we still managed to keep focused and move past that to accomplish a successful season.  Our kids still get emotional and make mistakes/penalties that leave us folks in the stands and in these forums shaking our heads, but for the most part they seem to be more in control.  One game at a time, and our time is Friday in Frog-bottom.  "One ring to rule them all"

The stage may be to big for you City boys tomorrow night because it is going to be rocking in Cornersville tomorrow night.  

14 hours ago, Rocketboy21 said:

What part of Alabama is Morson territory for recruiting? Asking for my good buddy general In chapel hill. 

With a successful program, great coaches, facilities, and great kids, we don't have to go recruit. They come to us. Tell the general.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Southtowner said:

This game last year was the turning point for Fayetteville's season in my opinion.

I attended this game last year.  It was my 1st trip ever to Frog Bottom. 

City was up 14-0 and was driving with their first possession of the 2nd half.   Had the ball 1st and goal. Then on 2nd and goal a City player was suplexed. So City responded.  And after City players left the 'bench' area and the white hat stepped off the yardage it was 3rd and 62.   Say what?  Yes, it was 3rd and 62.  False start next play made it 3rd & 67.

Anyway,  City held on for a 14-7 crazy hard fought victory and wrapped up the region championship.  

The next game City was minus 4-5 key players and lost to Gordonsville by 7.

I brought all this up to state an opinion of mine that I've been wanting to make for a little while.  This game last year was the turning point for Fayetteville.  Yes, they lost composure and had several ejected.  But they held on and pulled out the victory. 

Since that game they have played better assignment football,  more disciplined and are better prepared.  

Anyway,  good luck to both teams.  I'd like to attend but I'm headed to GA Friday. 

This opinion is spot on!  I've thought about posting something of this nature myself but I decided not to because I'm a Fayetteville fan with a bias on the topic.  You know the game and bring a well considered and objective pov to this thread. I enjoy reading your stuff even when our orange and black teams play one another.

15 hours ago, BossDog said:

The stage may be to big for you City boys tomorrow night because it is going to be rocking in Cornersville tomorrow night.  

I think the City Tigers would play Cornersville on a dirt patch or in Lambeau Field with the same intensity.  These teams play their best football against each other.  Tonight should be fun.  

2 hours ago, GreatTiger said:

I think the City Tigers would play Cornersville on a dirt patch or in Lambeau Field with the same intensity.  These teams play their best football against each other.  Tonight should be fun.  

We would but keeping the CV cheerleaders off the field could be problematic.