COVINGTON @ DYERSBURG - Oct. 1

CHARGERFAN

These two leaders of Region 7-3A are each 5-0. The winner of Friday’s game will be in the driver’s seat for playoff seeding. 

I understand that the two teams run similar offenses and score a lot. They only have one common opponent this season - Munford. Covington opened the season beating Munford 41-8. Dyersburg got by Munford recently 27-24. 

I like my Charger’s chances in this one. What do other folks think.

15 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Dyersburg’s defense is significantly better then last season. Be ready for a heavy dose of Darius Harris that big fullback 

I’m sure the Charger D will be all over him. I would love to see him and our LB Cristian Barbee go at it. Do they have any other weapons on offense? I know coach Stowe is pretty simple on offense. Can’t say much because we are too but we have multiple backs that can hurt you. 

48 minutes ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

I’m sure the Charger D will be all over him. I would love to see him and our LB Cristian Barbee go at it. Do they have any other weapons on offense? I know coach Stowe is pretty simple on offense. Can’t say much because we are too but we have multiple backs that can hurt you. 

Dyersburg keeps a stable of backs he uses 4 to 5 backs. A true thunder n lightning type back field 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Dyersburg keeps a stable of backs he uses 4 to 5 backs. A true thunder n lightning type back field 

Sounds like Covington. Jamarion Dowell is the workhorse back, averaging nearly 200 yards rushing per game, but Tanner Stewart can also hand the ball to Skylan Smith, Jalen Fayne, or Anthony Mason, each of which can take the ball to the house on any given play. 

Fullback Eumorrion Flowers, who ran the ball very effectively last season (especially at Haywood), has not been able to get on the field at running back this year, but has been relegated to the defensive line.

3 hours ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

Hopefully the Charger DBs got plenty of work during the off week! (fingers crossed) 

Coach Kirby mentioned the deficiencies of the Covington pass defense in the post-game interview with the CovingtonLeader. My guess is that with an intervening open date, the Charger DB’s will have received a lot of attention over the open week. We will see.

• Like 1