COVINGTON @ DYERSBURG - Oct. 1

CHARGERFAN

This should be a very physical game. Depending on how good Dyersburg is on the defensive front will determine the outcome of this game. Covington has got to start throwing the ball a little more, if not just for reps for big playoff games, because we eventually are going to need it. Ripley exposed us a little and I hope the secondary issues have been sorted out through the by-week. As far as a prediction, I will assume Covington has worked out some kinks and will win by 10......31-21! Looking forward to the trek to D-Burg on Friday. GO CHARGERS!

It is definitely hard to beat a good team twice! The advantage Covington will have come playoffs is that the Chargers have been there before! Dyersburg has the talent but can they get over that hump. Another advantage that Covington will have is that there season got cut short due to co-vid last year! They will be more hungry than most schools this year! Either way i really believe the west will be represented by either Covington or Dburg in Chattanooga!. As a former Charger i was raised to "Hate" Dyersburg but promise i will be cheering the Trojans if they are in Chatt!

4 hours ago, JoeBlow777 said:

Dyersburg wins this week, covington wins the rematch in the playoffs. I think Covington's coach tends to get a little too predictable and it will cost him this week. 

Covington is gonna run our offense, you are right about that. The thing is, nobody has been able to stop it so far in 2021. Ripley slowed it down, but we still got 30. I don’t expect anything different on that side of the ball.

Where I expect Coach Kirby to be unpredictable is on defense. I guarantee that he and DC Katrosh will have a new wrinkle or two for Friday. I recall the last two times we played Westview. They had schemes that totally shut down highly touted QB Simpson. That’s just one example of their innovative defensive schemes.