COVINGTON @ DYERSBURG - Oct. 1

CHARGERFAN

1 minute ago, TENNFOOTBALL88 said:

Oh ok got it. So if Dyersburg losses just one region game they still win the Region championship?

That is correct. 

When it comes to tie breakers, head to head is first, after that it goes to overall record. 

BPM is the wizard when it comes to this kind of stuff, but he has educated me enough now that I know a couple of things. It will be really hard for someone else to win the region at this point. DBurg is almost for sure the region champs! 

• Like 1

Dyersburg has Millington and Ripley left in Region. Home game with Millington (shouldn't really be a problem).

Millington did beat Ripley tonight. 

I do believe that Region 7-3A has been complete.

1. Dyersburg

2. Covington

3. Millington

4. Ripley

Ripley has the tiebreaker against Bolivar and are heavy favorites to beat Bolton. If Ripley defeats Bolton, Bolivar will be eliminated. Millington has the comfort to lose another game in Region because they owe the tiebreaker over Ripley.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pops1968 said:

Every time Covington gets beat , they cry and put blame on everyone they can think of.   I don’t believe there is a bigger group of classless fans in West Tennessee. 

Pops, you’re a clown. If Covington loses, they lose. Heck, I’m a Tennessee fan, I can definitely take a loss. Fact of the matter is, this game actually was affected by the refs, watch the tape. Now, that happens, but fans are allowed to express displeasure when it does. This is the FIRST time on T that I placed blame somewhere else. Milan, SGC, PC….those teams have beat us in the past couple years straight up….Dyersburg, the refs helped control that outcome (unintentionally I’ll add). Facts are facts brother.

9 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

This was an amazing hard fought game by 2 contenders for 4 quarters, this game was physical fast and fun to watch ! I don’t think I could be mad about this loss or overly confident about this win ! Both teams showed up and showed out !!!

I say be proud of a hard fought loss when your all was given !

be humble in a hard fought win when it coulda went the other way !

and God Bless our folks that go out and wear the black and white strips, they are humans, they are someone’s father,son or grandpa ! 
I wouldn’t wanna do their job so I won’t degrade them !!!

Great post! It’s spot on!!

9 hours ago, Dadofmandingo said:

And what I said was look at who they lost to. Over half of those losses came from the team who went and played for the state championship. Means you lost to one of the 2 best teams in the state. No shame in that. 

I agree, but at some point you have to win some of those games in the playoffs.

10 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Dyersburg wins. I’m not sure the refs messed up. I do know that they affected the outcome. Video will tell the tale, but in high school football there is no instant replay and no challenge to the officials’ calls. What is called on the field is what you have to live with. 

Covington will have to regroup and get ready for the playoffs. We also have 4 more regular season games to play, including a game at Haywood. 

Will Covington make the game up against Millington? 

I know that “some” of the Charger fans feel that the officials impacted the outcome of the game.  You may feel that is the case, but the proof in the pudding tells a different story.

1. No team has scored 29 or more points this season against Covington.

2. No team has limited Covington to 22 points this season.

Dyersburg did!

Dyersburg left 17 points on the field.  One was a caught pass in the flat inside the Covington red zone.  Dyersburg had driven the length of the field, when after the caught pass the receiver fumbled.  Another was a 4th and 1 deep inside red zone, where Covington “d” held.  Then the missed field field goal 

Dyersburg “d” had throttled Covington, held them to 6 points in the first half.  Who else has done that this year?

In the 3rd, Dyersburg led 21 to 6.  Your Coach knew that the game was about to get out of hand and he made a excellent decision by moving “Fain” to QB and running a scheme Dyersburg was not prepared for.  That got Covington back in the game.

In overall games, and region play thus far, Dyersburg leds the region in points scored and points allowed.

Covington is a great team and will be playing Dyersburg again.

But please give credit where credit is due.  Dyersburg won this game and it was not because of the refs. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, mg said:

I know that “some” of the Charger fans feel that the officials impacted the outcome of the game.  You may feel that is the case, but the proof in the pudding tells a different story.

1. No team has scored 29 or more points this season against Covington.

2. No team has limited Covington to 22 points this season.

Dyersburg did!

Dyersburg left 17 points on the field.  One was a caught pass in the flat inside the Covington red zone.  Dyersburg had driven the length of the field, when after the caught pass the receiver fumbled.  Another was a 4th and 1 deep inside red zone, where Covington “d” held.  Then the missed field field goal 

Dyersburg “d” had throttled Covington, held them to 6 points in the first half.  Who else has done that this year?

In the 3rd, Dyersburg led 21 to 6.  Your Coach knew that the game was about to get out of hand and he made a excellent decision by moving “Fain” to QB and running a scheme Dyersburg was not prepared for.  That got Covington back in the game.

In overall games, and region play thus far, Dyersburg leds the region in points scored and points allowed.

Covington is a great team and will be playing Dyersburg again.

But please give credit where credit is due.  Dyersburg won this game and it was not because of the refs. 

Every man is untitled to his opinion! I respect yours. Covington’s defense did some throttling of their own. Check the first down comparison. Dyersburg also scored 3 touchdowns on big plays of 50+ yards. One was a that definitely should’ve been picked. Those are on Covington’s D but as far as yardage, 1st downs, and no gain plays, Covington’s Defense looked pretty good if not a little better in my opinion. Dyersburg’s D is for real and take nothing from them, they were ready for the wing-t.

After thinking about it, perhaps losing the first game between these two teams will be beneficial as odds of one of these winning twice will be tough. I would easily put down $100 on Covington in the playoffs, any takers?

1 hour ago, 00Chargers said:

Every man is untitled to his opinion! I respect yours. Covington’s defense did some throttling of their own. Check the first down comparison. Dyersburg also scored 3 touchdowns on big plays of 50+ yards. One was a that definitely should’ve been picked. Those are on Covington’s D but as far as yardage, 1st downs, and no gain plays, Covington’s Defense looked pretty good if not a little better in my opinion. Dyersburg’s D is for real and take nothing from them, they were ready for the wing-t.

After thinking about it, perhaps losing the first game between these two teams will be beneficial as odds of one of these winning twice will be tough. I would easily put down $100 on Covington in the playoffs, any takers?

I would not take that bet, to many variables……plus as you say, “odds of one of these winning twice will be tough”.  Spot on!