Blackman's road trip to the end

CougarDadx2

15 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I think there is a misnomer about the " Baby Blaze"  It is not necessarily the age and number of jr/sr players, it is really about experience. Most o the players had no real varsity experience. getting younger players the experience will help grow the team's depth. No one develops on the sideline 

Blaze45 is right. Hartsfield rarely played backups. Even when up by 40 points!  I hope that Tygard started playing backups tonight once the game got out of hand or he'll have the same problem in two years. 

Blackman put together a good offensive scheme last night against Oakland.   They did a good job on capitalizing on turnovers and put up 36 on Oakland.   I think at least 21-28 on the starters.   Good job.  The defense for Blackman needs improvement but we already knew that.   Oakland offense looked good for certain and several touchdowns were left on the field by missed receivers.   Good luck to the Blaze rest of the season.   

Go Pats!

12 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

Blaze45 is right. Hartsfield rarely played backups. Even when up by 40 points!  I hope that Tygard started playing backups tonight once the game got out of hand or he'll have the same problem in two years. 

Freshman started on the dline, sophmore at runningback and like 4 or 5 dbs were sophomores playing 

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

Blackman put together a good offensive scheme last night against Oakland.   They did a good job on capitalizing on turnovers and put up 36 on Oakland.   I think at least 21-28 on the starters.   Good job.  The defense for Blackman needs improvement but we already knew that.   Oakland offense looked good for certain and several touchdowns were left on the field by missed receivers.   Good luck to the Blaze rest of the season.   

Go Pats!

Thanks. we have a long way to go as a program. I was certainly glad to see the underclassmen getting baptized by fire.  They played the best team in the state and a top team in the country  and moved the ball successfully, which has not been the case in the past seasons.  Defensively they got overloaded on one side or the other and then add in out manned and out athlete'd  it was going to be impossible to stop, I look forward to Pats bringing home another Gold ball. but hope like heck we will get our program back in the mix for those opportunities.  we gotta keep grinding. 

Knowing how good Oakland is across the board, Blackman putting 36 on them was pretty impressive. Don't know the last time I saw that many points on Oakland. On the coaches show this morning KC did not seem too happy. On CT's show he said the Miami coached called after the game to ask about Blackman WRs.

2 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Knowing how good Oakland is across the board, Blackman putting 36 on them was pretty impressive. Don't know the last time I saw that many points on Oakland. On the coaches show this morning KC did not seem too happy. On CT's show he said the Miami coached called after the game to ask about Blackman WRs.

When was the last time Blackman gave up 63? Or even close to that. Goes both ways. 

55 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

When was the last time Blackman gave up 63? Or even close to that. Goes both ways. 

No doubt Blackmans defense is it's Achilies heel. But as a Blackman fan I am glad to see them getting creative and having success moving the ball and scoring against one of the best teams in the state. Oakland Defense has been its bread and butter for a long time. It may be that they had a really off night last night. Oakland has not given up that many points in Creasy's tenure. Blackman has not been a strong defensive team in several seasons. There don't seem to be the Connor Murphy, Luke Hayes, Ben Kaluh player who are absolute dawgs. Players who would lay a lick on you no matter. Oakland on the other hand has been loaded with them for years, Not to diminish the whooping we got, but finding bright spots and areas we can build on. 

3 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Tip of cap to Blackman, I think they are moving the right direction, but a good chunk of those points were scored with the game well in hand

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Tip of cap to Blackman, I think they are moving the right direction, but a good chunk of those points were scored with the game well in hand

True... however I think it was 35/14 at half... and the game was well in hand by half... but I think it was 5 minutes left in the 4th qtr when Oakland trotted out the backups And Blackmans last Score was just prior to that ...I was gonna try to meet up and say hello last night 

45 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

True... however I think it was 35/14 at half... and the game was well in hand by half... but I think it was 5 minutes left in the 4th qtr when Oakland trotted out the backups And Blackmans last Score was just prior to that ...I was gonna try to meet up and say hello last night 

Out of town this weekend so I was relegated to watching the storkcast