Jump to content

Blackman's road trip to the end


CougarDadx2
 Share

Recommended Posts

Last home game in the books - everything on the road from here to the end:

Oakland - can the Blaze put up some points? Can the D show up and slow Oakland down?

Rockvale - Could be a high scoring game, Blaze should come out on top if they can get a stop or two

Cookeville - Blaze should get a win up on the plateau

Siegel - They have a pulse, but Blackman is further along in recovery

If Rockvale and Siegel go as noted, that will earn them a trip to Lebanon most likely, and if that turned out good, it's probably back to Riverdale. Whole lot of ball still to be played, even without my prognostication. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like to think they have a slim chance of making a game in the playoffs, but Rockvale is real ,,,, and our blaze have to get a whole lot better at tackling, but I think  you are right. They beat Rockvale and Siegel they should have at least one  playoff game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems from just looking at the numbers that defense is the area that needs the most improvement.  I haven't seen them play as I'm an Oakland supporter.  Unless Oakland has a covid forfeit, Blackman's chances are not very good for Friday night we all realize that.   I'm sincerely hoping that all Rutherford Co teams will improve so we can get back to some really meaningful crosstown rivalries.  It seems Siegel may have the hardest road to travel.  Good luck to you guys making the playoffs.  It just gives that much more time to spend with the kids development for next season.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

It seems from just looking at the numbers that defense is the area that needs the most improvement.  I haven't seen them play as I'm an Oakland supporter.  Unless Oakland has a covid forfeit, Blackman's chances are not very good for Friday night we all realize that.   I'm sincerely hoping that all Rutherford Co teams will improve so we can get back to some really meaningful crosstown rivalries.  It seems Siegel may have the hardest road to travel.  Good luck to you guys making the playoffs.  It just gives that much more time to spend with the kids development for next season.  

Yes we get whooped .... as does most any team that plays Oakland.  I am hopeful the program will continue to grow and develop. Defensively we have played well in spurts but not for extended periods. I would like to see us get in a spot to play a game or 2 in the playoffs, like you, I believe it will help develop the team and get some more playing  experience .   It would be nice to see the region return to the 2010-2015 form where Every region team was going to be a test .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

What are our thoughts on Coach Tygard and staff after 6 games? Obviously gutted out a huge one v Brentwood to start the year and Antioch isn't a great measuring stick. 

I like Coach Tygard. He is creative and takes chances. It has not been the start we would have wanted, but it has fallen in line with the start we expected. I feel like if the support continues inside the building and he is able to keep the strength and conditioning program on track it will help tremendously. He has a good set of Coaches around him with proven records and experience. Blackman will need to find a way to get some of those prospects that are looking to move to Rutherford county to fall in their pack, The QB situation looks solid , if they can put a Teague, Davidson, I-train back in the back field it will help. On the defensive side of the ball they need get some  Dawgs. Blackman usually has one or two , where Oakland has 11... I think in time Blackman will make a turnaround  1-2 more seasons .... If Tygard keeps the buy in from players. parents and the school... it has the makings to do so. Time will tell 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

What are our thoughts on Coach Tygard and staff after 6 games? Obviously gutted out a huge one v Brentwood to start the year and Antioch isn't a great measuring stick. 

I think as long as he keeps the disco ball and strobe light going in the weight room, the kids will come.  The atmosphere is fun from what I hear and that's what makes kids come.  :motorbike:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JArrington said:

I think as long as he keeps the disco ball and strobe light going in the weight room, the kids will come.  The atmosphere is fun from what I hear and that's what makes kids come.  :motorbike:

Love to hear this. I have always been a big fan of Chandler!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2021 at 2:04 PM, Blaze45 said:

Yes we get whooped .... as does most any team that plays Oakland.  I am hopeful the program will continue to grow and develop. Defensively we have played well in spurts but not for extended periods. I would like to see us get in a spot to play a game or 2 in the playoffs, like you, I believe it will help develop the team and get some more playing  experience .   It would be nice to see the region return to the 2010-2015 form where Every region team was going to be a test .

I caught wind of a rumor from a friend of a guy who's wife I've known since she was little that the Blaze may warm up at a secret offsite facility near a government operation, but close to Oakland.

Edited by CougarDadx2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I caught wind of a rumor from a friend of a guy who's wife I've known since she was little that the Blaze may warm up at a secret offsite facility near a government operation, but close to Oakland.

Actually we are taking 4 busses .. Odd numbers in one even in the other... two busses will warm up at separate places ... the other two busses will be band members disguised as players... they will drive around in circles  to keep anyone who follows them away from our top secret warm up drills.... Its bound to give us the edge.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Actually we are taking 4 busses .. Odd numbers in one even in the other... two busses will warm up at separate places ... the other two busses will be band members disguised as players... they will drive around in circles  to keep anyone who follows them away from our top secret warm up drills.... Its bound to give us the edge.  

That's gotta be pure Tygard trickery! Most likely get a flag for illegal use of a bus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...