Blackman's road trip to the end

CougarDadx2

38 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

That’s all I was saying but the bag huggers are ignoring my whole point 

I wouldn't worry some times folks don't read much more than the one quote you make that they want to argue, and that's fair enough. I usually try to read the whole thread, as it provides context to what some folks say/ think or don't.  TomLHS is having a good year on the reservation. Happy to see that for him. He is a pretty good poster.  

7 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

Has to be an issue on the Gallatin end of things. Chandler would not deny his players the opportunity to compete. He loves competition and calling Blazing Fast Plays. Love his style of play!

I would think winning the 2 remaining Region games matter more. Beat both siegel and Rockvale and you’re in from what I see. Why play it. Rest up and get healthy. Total wins I believe only come into the equation in the event of a three way tie. Which I don’t think there can be with SC playing one less region game. 

1 hour ago, SamMojo said:

I would think winning the 2 remaining Region games matter more. Beat both siegel and Rockvale and you’re in from what I see. Why play it. Rest up and get healthy. Total wins I believe only come into the equation in the event of a three way tie. Which I don’t think there can be with SC playing one less region game. 

Spot on..!

3 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

Going forward Blackman will be the favored team. Should win the rest of their games and make it to the playoffs. 

Rockvale is for real and if Blackman overlooks them they will get beat. Rockvale beat Stewarts creek and Stewarts creek beat Blackman. They absolutely have to be healthy and hitting on all cylinders to beat Rockvale. I would think the odds are more favorable against Siegel and Cookeville ... Siegel is getting better, but not there yet and Cookeville has really struggled. Jimmy Maynord questioned their drive when talking to Stork Montgomery ...

21 hours ago, arshad221 said:

2019 so those same players are still on this team currently with experience? 

No, you are correct. That was the first season that I can think of that at least 2 sophomores didn't start.

I guess my point is that there is  talk of how trash the Blackman program has been the past couple of years but the reality is that just two years ago, Blackman made it to the quarterfinals and ended the season #6 in the state.  Last year was a disaster for sure, but people need to stop talking like this is some horrible program that's going to take years to rebuild. Blackman has reached the playoffs for ten years straight.   Made it to the semifinals once and the quarterfinals 4 times. I believe Tygard will get it back to what the fans expect. 

12 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Rockvale is for real and if Blackman overlooks them they will get beat. Rockvale beat Stewarts creek and Stewarts creek beat Blackman. They absolutely have to be healthy and hitting on all cylinders to beat Rockvale. I would think the odds are more favorable against Siegel and Cookeville ... Siegel is getting better, but not there yet and Cookeville has really struggled. Jimmy Maynord questioned their drive when talking to Stork Montgomery ...

Yes, Rockvale is a lot better. They have 2 QBs that are really good. The Meyhew kid can spin it and it's very accurate with the ball. The sophomore running back, Smith, is really good too.  Their defense though will have a hard time defending the spread attack of Blackman. 

17 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Yes, Rockvale is a lot better. They have 2 QBs that are really good. The Meyhew kid can spin it and it's very accurate with the ball. The sophomore running back, Smith, is really good too.  Their defense though will have a hard time defending the spread attack of Blackman. 

1 minute ago, Vol9093 said:

Blackman will have to use the same diversity in the run game they showed against Oakland ... Rockvales defense is quick to the ball, so play action will be effective . Short dump passes to the tight end  and some of the little toss plays should be effective. If we get a strong running back (Teague, Davidson, I-Train Notgrass type)it could make us much more balanced.

4 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Blackman will have to use the same diversity in the run game they showed against Oakland ... Rockvales defense is quick to the ball, so play action will be effective . Short dump passes to the tight end  and some of the little toss plays should be effective. If we get a strong running back (Teague, Davidson, I-Train Notgrass type)it could make us much more balanced.

Why isn't #1 playing?  He was a really good player last year. He was supposed to have a breakout year?

20 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

Why isn't #1 playing?  He was a really good player last year. He was supposed to have a breakout year?

#1 has been playing , he has 487 all purpose yards ... about 260 rushing and about 190 receiving and about 50 on kick returns... Not big numbers.... but they spread the ball around a lot, so very respectable production. 

9 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

#1 has been playing , he has 487 all purpose yards ... about 260 rushing and about 190 receiving and about 50 on kick returns... Not big numbers.... but they spread the ball around a lot, so very respectable production. 

Watched the replay of the Blackman and Oakland game.  There are a lot of good things that I saw Blackman doing to attack Oakland’s defense.  This should be very helpful to the Warriors.