Blackman's road trip to the end

CougarDadx2

1 hour ago, FilmCzar said:

Yes sir, how you liking that new offense? Reminds me of Shad and Jajuan back in the day! Blazing Fast!

I like the fact that it is not run left , run right  run middle/possible pass  and punt . It is creative and does a good job of utilizing the strengths they have. Reminds me of Shad/ Cole Notgrass /I-train days. Back then Shad really could spread it around. When Jajuan was there, so was Davidson, Killings and I am drawing a blank on the second receiver we had at the time, but they a few weapons and knew it was going to be those three to key on. We have some really good QB's and while they can scramble, they are not gonna line up and run over you for 2 -3 yards like Jajuan did. And when you look at the stats ... there is no one player with all the production... 

22 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

Yes, Rockvale is a lot better. They have 2 QBs that are really good. The Meyhew kid can spin it and it's very accurate with the ball. The sophomore running back, Smith, is really good too.  Their defense though will have a hard time defending the spread attack of Blackman. 

Rockvale is a lot better. Those Freshmen and Sophomores are now bigger experienced Juniors and mainly seniors. The line is big although  not huge but on both sides of the ball they are their strength. They are good. Got some talented RB’s and when 7 is on he is on. Soph QB Mayhew has a great arm and will hit you in stride. The Sr QB is more of a runner which he does well. Mayhew has actually pushed the Sr to be a better passer which he has. LBs get to the ball. The secondary is much improved but that is where they get in trouble. Offensively Rockvale will mash you. Defensively the pass is their Achilles heel. 

22 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

I spoke with someone close to the program yesterday evening and it is my understanding that Coach Chandler tried to reschedule the Gallatin game and the Green Wave AD did not want to play. Scared! Sucks for the kids. They lose a game because of the egos of the coaches!

Gallatin has wanted and attempted to reschedule to Oct 8 since the Tuesday it was cancelled to start with.

11 hours ago, SamMojo said:

Rockvale is a lot better. Those Freshmen and Sophomores are now bigger experienced Juniors and mainly seniors. The line is big although  not huge but on both sides of the ball they are their strength. They are good. Got some talented RB’s and when 7 is on he is on. Soph QB Mayhew has a great arm and will hit you in stride. The Sr QB is more of a runner which he does well. Mayhew has actually pushed the Sr to be a better passer which he has. LBs get to the ball. The secondary is much improved but that is where they get in trouble. Offensively Rockvale will mash you. Defensively the pass is their Achilles heel. 

Should be a heck of a match up. for all the reasons above. Blackman does not run the ball a ton, and will use the pass game a whole bunch. I see Ben Marshall being the focus for Rockvales defense which will open things up for Brown. his very well could be a 1 or two stop game . Whoever gets that key stop wins the game .

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 9:27 AM, FilmCzar said:

I spoke with someone close to the program yesterday evening and it is my understanding that Coach Chandler tried to reschedule the Gallatin game and the Green Wave AD did not want to play. Scared! Sucks for the kids. They lose a game because of the egos of the coaches!

Again you are wrong.  Gallatin tried for weeks to fill this date with several teams including Blackman and the answer was no. Call 615-452-2621 for proof.  It does suck for the kids though.  

3 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Again you are wrong.  Gallatin tried for weeks to fill this date with several teams including Blackman and the answer was no. Call 615-452-2621 for proof.  It does suck for the kids though.  

So the number is the main number to Gallatin High school... Unless the receptionist is in charge of scheduling the game , seems kind of pointless to call. That said, it really doesn't matter, as the schedule for coaches, players and families has been since day one, that Blackman would practice Mon-Wed  and be off to allow for players/ coaches to do something with families during this off period Thurs-Sunday. I think getting healthy, and ready for these last 2 of 3 games (with playoff implications) probably trumps a non-region game. Sure I wanna see them play, but that said  Blackman will have to come their next year and play based o TSSAA rules. 

8 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

So the number is the main number to Gallatin High school... Unless the receptionist is in charge of scheduling the game , seems kind of pointless to call. That said, it really doesn't matter, as the schedule for coaches, players and families has been since day one, that Blackman would practice Mon-Wed  and be off to allow for players/ coaches to do something with families during this off period Thurs-Sunday. I think getting healthy, and ready for these last 2 of 3 games (with playoff implications) probably trumps a non-region game. Sure I wanna see them play, but that said  Blackman will have to come their next year and play based o TSSAA rules. 

Correct, ask to speak to Chad Watson.  
just setting the record straight when my team gets called out like that.  

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Great!...Are you implying you are the coach, or are you just saying that Gallatin is your team? Either way this does say a whole lot about your football IQ. Let's break this down... Blackman, as a team no doubt has been struggling is sitting at 3-4 with the Covid game included. As a coach/fan, you want a team that is on fall break, who is going to play their last 3 games, of which they must win all 3 based on the record to get in the playoffs, to give up a "W", risk getting someone banged up, forfeit a break they need to get healthy, and forego the extra preparation for the toughest of those three games to play this game? 

If you are a Coach, (which I kinda doubt) you think this is a call you would make for your team? Heck no!   You take what you have and roll on, get your team healthy, ready, and prepared. If you were a coach, you would not be spending time on this board complaining that a random fan said your team was scared. Instead you would be working and using the extra time you have to prep for Beech. I don't care if your team is scared, world beaters, or wonder bread, Get your team ready for or in the playoffs. Fortunately Blackman will be coming to your house next year and , you can take out all your anger on them then. Run the score up hang banners in the stadium and call them chicken, but for now it would seem the best use of time is looking ahead at Beech

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Believe me, G. Coach Tygard personally reached out to your staff and director of athletics and they denied the opportunity to play. It's a total shame, to be honest. And cowardly of your athletic department.

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

Great!...Are you implying you are the coach, or are you just saying that Gallatin is your team? Either way this does say a whole lot about your football IQ. Let's break this down... Blackman, as a team no doubt has been struggling is sitting at 3-4 with the Covid game included. As a coach/fan, you want a team that is on fall break, who is going to play their last 3 games, of which they must win all 3 based on the record to get in the playoffs, to give up a "W", risk getting someone banged up, forfeit a break they need to get healthy, and forego the extra preparation for the toughest of those three games to play this game? 

If you are a Coach, (which I kinda doubt) you think this is a call you would make for your team? Heck no!   You take what you have and roll on, get your team healthy, ready, and prepared. If you were a coach, you would not be spending time on this board complaining that a random fan said your team was scared. Instead you would be working and using the extra time you have to prep for Beech. I don't care if your team is scared, world beaters, or wonder bread, Get your team ready for or in the playoffs. Fortunately Blackman will be coming to your house next year and , you can take out all your anger on them then. Run the score up hang banners in the stadium and call them chicken, but for now it would seem the best use of time is looking ahead at Beech

I never had a problem with you, Blaze45.  I understand the Blaze reasoning for not wanting to play, hey you already got the victory in the book and your schedule is set for fall break and so on.  If anyone wanted to confirm what I stated in answering a fanboy who thinks they know or Tygard seems like or whatever that person wants to dilution in their mind than so be it, I gave out the High School number that anybody could simply google and ask to speak with or leave a message for the coach.  You don’t have to believe me, I refer to him.  Why?  Because I heard him say twice that Blackman refused to reschedule and play this Friday.  Last time I heard him say it was the day of the Cookeville game.  Whatever the reason, because reasoning doesn’t matter just facts, Blackman refused to reschedule.  They won’t play this year, I can live with it.  But apparently some in the Blackman fan base just want to sit behind the keyboard and type untruths and insults like the post above, which whom I answered before you chimed in.   I am pretty much done with this conversation because I know the truth.   I never would have even responded had it not been for the person thinking they knew the answers when they really are clueless.  You pretty much confirmed what I said too.  

And yeah, I am a fan of Gallatin.  My team, the one I pull for, the one I support, the one I give money to, the one my family throughout the history of this school have played for.  I don’t own it, I don’t coach it, but it is still MY team.  Go Green Wave!!!