Waverly travels to Monterey

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, crow said:

And beat Oneida to, of course :roflol::popcorneater:

If you can get your offense to match your defense Crow you would be a legitimate threat. I'm not sure you are there yet, but it's good you play your hardest games toward the end of the season this year. I know your offense has come a ways from start of the sesson.

Waverly is looking for some good competition and looks like we may have found it in Monterey. Glad we were able to make this game happen. 

Waverly is averaging 45 points per game. Waverly offense has 2 backs that can flat tote the rock. I call them Thunder and Lightning. The QB is a stud. Great arm and will run all over you too…(Mr. Football talks) Waverly also has some stud receivers who run great routes and do well with yac. They are very physical and will block well down field. We also have a big H Back who will straight knock you on your tail. He also is our MLB. 

Defensively they could be better. At times I love what they do and at times I’m wondering what planet they are on. I’m being super critical but they could be better. Defensively Waverly is very physical. I feel like the first half of games we run around on fire and then in the 2nd half we burn out. Might be a conditioning issue due to players playing both sides of the ball. We are a very small 3A school  so you’ll have that. 

So Monterey folk, let’s hear it on your guys?

Edited by Trollin

4 hours ago, Trollin said:

Waverly is looking for some good competition and looks like we may have found it in Monterey. Glad we were able to make this game happen. 

Waverly is averaging 45 points per game. Waverly offense has 2 backs that can flat tote the rock. I call them Thunder and Lightning. The QB is a stud. Great arm and will run all over you too…(Mr. Football talks) Waverly also has some stud receivers who run great routes and do well with yac. They are very physical and will block well down field. We also have a big H Back who will straight knock you on your tail. He also is our MLB. 

Defensively they could be better. At times I love what they do and at times I’m wondering what planet they are on. I’m being super critical but they could be better. Defensively Waverly is very physical. I feel like the first half of games we run around on fire and then in the 2nd half we burn out. Might be a conditioning issue due to players playing both sides of the ball. We are a very small 3A school  so you’ll have that. 

That H back/ MLB is a thumper. Active player, he’s everywhere. Enjoyed watching him play the game. # 44 rite?

5 hours ago, Trollin said:

Good post Trollin ! I watched them play the heat and I don’t see them running up the middle like they did on them. We have issues containing the outside at times. This game will make us better no doubt but I think we will win big after what I seen on film.

11 hours ago, MontereySportsNetwork said:

It will be a slobber knocker with you guys...we look forward to coming up there and trying to play with you guys...

We look forward to it as well. I’m not so sure it’s you that needs to worry about playing with us though. We hope we can give y’all a game. We’ll have 2 big region games with Rockwood and y’all back to back. Should make for an exciting stretch up here at The Reservation. Just wish we didn’t have a bye week in between, I’ve never been a fan of a bye week before a big game and our game with y’all will certainly be a big one. It will either be for the region title or possibly decide if we’re home or away for the early playoffs depending on how we fair against Rockwood Friday. Either way it should be fun. 

10 hours ago, Yeti said:

If you can get your offense to match your defense Crow you would be a legitimate threat. I'm not sure you are there yet, but it's good you play your hardest games toward the end of the season this year. I know your offense has come a ways from start of the sesson.

I’m not sure we’re there yet either. I was just stirring the pot trying to be funny. Like I told you preseason I think we end up a top 10 team but don’t honestly see us as a contender. Not sure the quad has anyone that can seriously challenge quad 2 this year but we’ll see. I’m wrong as much or more than I’m right about these things. 

Sounds like some real confident fans. Maybe the cats will just lay down and let you have it. If your lucky. Good luck, wish I was going to be there. If you want to watch it live. Log on to YouTube and subscribe to Monterey Sports Network. It will be broadcasted live. Please pray for that little number 10 for Monterey, hope he gets to see the field.

21 minutes ago, MHSSportsNation said:

Sounds like some real confident fans. Maybe the cats will just lay down and let you have it. If your lucky. Good luck, wish I was going to be there. If you want to watch it live. Log on to YouTube and subscribe to Monterey Sports Network. It will be broadcasted live. Please pray for that little number 10 for Monterey, hope he gets to see the field.

I sense some arrogance in that post. And yes very confident. When you go from a 2 to 3 playoff appearance team and zero Region Titles in 20+ years to winning the Region Titles 6 years in a row, with 2 2A Semi Final appearances and 3 Quarter Final appearances in that time span, you get to feeling pretty confident. Especially when your last 2A Semi Final team was last year and you return 90% of that team this year. It’s a grind. Looking forward to playing a 5-1 top 10 2A team from the East. 

Edited by Trollin