Waverly travels to Monterey

vandyfan1

24 minutes ago, MHSSportsNation said:

Sounds like some real confident fans. Maybe the cats will just lay down and let you have it. If your lucky. Good luck, wish I was going to be there. If you want to watch it live. Log on to YouTube and subscribe to Monterey Sports Network. It will be broadcasted live. Please pray for that little number 10 for Monterey, hope he gets to see the field.

I just hope for a good game. What’s the scoop on #10

19 minutes ago, Trollin said:

I sense some arrogance in that post. And yes very confident. When you go from a 2 to 3 playoff appearance team and zero Region Titles in 20+ years to winning the Region Titles 6 years in a row, with 2 2A Semi Final appearances and 3 Quarter Final appearances in that time span, you get to feeling pretty confident. Especially when your last 2A Semi Final team was last year and you return 90% of that team this year. It’s a grind. Looking forward to playing a 5-1 top 10 2A team from the East. 

I would probably say 11-15 team.

On 9/27/2021 at 4:20 PM, Yeti said:

Monterey is a fairly good ball team this year. Have a shot at the semis if they can beat Hampton at a guess. They are probably top 10 in 2A for sure.

I am not so sure Hampton is the best team in Region 1 better watch out for South Greene but we should know this Friday because South Greene travels to Hampton. South Greene is a very good football team. I remember last year they put a butt kicking on Rockwood and they returned several of there players back this year.

1 hour ago, Jet Pride said:

I am not so sure Hampton is the best team in Region 1 better watch out for South Greene but we should know this Friday because South Greene travels to Hampton. South Greene is a very good football team. I remember last year they put a butt kicking on Rockwood and they returned several of there players back this year.

I'd be surprised is Hampton didn't win by 3 tds

6 hours ago, Jet Pride said:

Think every starter on offence is a senior and all but one on defense. Beat Hampton last year and should be favored this year. 

8 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I just hope for a good game. What’s the scoop on #10

He’s typically a terror on the defensive side of the ball. He is in constant pursuit. This will be a good test for Monterey as they have just this year moved up to 2A. You’ll have lots of interested fans watching this game. Traveling with the family so I can’t be there to welcome travelers properly.Bring a jacket if your traveling up there. Good luck.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, MHSSportsNation said:

He’s typically a terror on the defensive side of the ball. He is in constant pursuit. This will be a good test for Monterey as they have just this year moved up to 2A. You’ll have lots of interested fans watching this game. Traveling with the family so I can’t be there to welcome travelers properly.Bring a jacket if your traveling up there. Good luck.

I travel East usually a couple of times a year to watch a good game. It’s usually been the Meigs Greenback and south Pitt games. I went to Alcoa a couple of weeks ago. It’s pretty nice as the sun goes down with the mountains in the background of the Friday night lights! I hope we can put on a good show for you East folks.