Waverly travels to Monterey

vandyfan1

3 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Ball game. Waverly with the W. Absolutely garbage of a game by Waverly. I mean terrible. I dunno what there deal was. Definitely not the execution they normally display. Bad snaps all night. Just absolutely piss poor. Maybe the 3 hour bus ride affected them, I dunno but very disappointed in our execution tonight. Thanks to Monterey for hosting and allowing the opportunity to play this game. Good luck to y’all the rest of the year. 

We are essentially a 1A school. We are 7 kids over the limit. Hats off to the Waverly boys, I believe you had to earn it. Good game, physical ball game.

Just now, MHSSportsNation said:

We are essentially a 1A school. We are 7 kids over the limit. Hats off to the Waverly boys, I believe you had to earn it. Good game, physical ball game.

We are essentially a 2A team. We just moved up to 3A this year. I don’t see how. We’re like the 3rd smallest school in 3A. And our numbers at school are not 3A numbers.

Just found out our center was out this game, hence the bad snaps. So we had a backup on the line. We don’t have a lot of depth. Also had a starter out on Defense. Lucky to get by with that W. I hate y’all didn’t get to see the real Waverly. Y’all have some big kids for a 2A team. 

Feel like y’all had a chance but noticed a lot of coaching mistakes on Monterey’s side in the last 2 drives. 

2 minutes ago, Trollin said:

We are essentially a 2A team. We just moved up to 3A this year. I don’t see how. We’re like the 3rd smallest school in 3A. And our numbers at school are not 3A numbers.

Just found out our center was out this game, hence the bad snaps. So we had a backup on the line. We don’t have a lot of depth. Also had a starter out on Defense. Lucky to get by with that W. I hate y’all didn’t get to see the real Waverly. Y’all have some big kids for a 2A team. 

Feel like y’all had a chance but noticed a lot of coaching mistakes on Monterey’s side in the last 2 drives. 

Yeah, I think the state should look at classifications. It’s tough as you know to take a small school and play up a class.  You guys have a solid group of boys. Good luck they rest of the year.

1 minute ago, MHSSportsNation said:

Yeah, I think the state should look at classifications. It’s tough as you know to take a small school and play up a class.  You guys have a solid group of boys. Good luck they rest of the year.

Same to y’all! Nice to play someone different. Good luck the rest of the year

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2021 at 6:38 AM, vandyfan1 said:

I travel East usually a couple of times a year to watch a good game. It’s usually been the Meigs Greenback and south Pitt games. I went to Alcoa a couple of weeks ago. It’s pretty nice as the sun goes down with the mountains in the background of the Friday night lights! I hope we can put on a good show for you East folks.

Did #10 play any good last night?

3 hours ago, MHSSportsNation said:

Did #10 play any good last night?

He wasn’t a game changer for sure. I mean with that “All-American” and him we shouldn’t have scored. :D I’ll give credit where it’s due, the game plan was to eat the clock. Y’all did that. Your defense was good. Not great. Multiple reasons why we didn’t play very well. Yes Monterey’s defense was one of the reasons, but I promise you Stewart county last week was better than you and the All-American. Fortunately for us your coach crap the bed at the end of the half and at the end of the game. Plus with your QB just not being very accurate with escaped with a W. 

1 hour ago, FastEddieDavis said:

He wasn’t a game changer for sure. I mean with that “All-American” and him we shouldn’t have scored. :D I’ll give credit where it’s due, the game plan was to eat the clock. Y’all did that. Your defense was good. Not great. Multiple reasons why we didn’t play very well. Yes Monterey’s defense was one of the reasons, but I promise you Stewart county last week was better than you and the All-American. Fortunately for us your coach crap the bed at the end of the half and at the end of the game. Plus with your QB just not being very accurate with escaped with a W. 

Well there kids, what did you expect. Apparently we just are not as good as the almighty Waverly. Congrats on the win.