District 9-AAAA

crimsontide43

Cookevile doesn’t use a bus but we are used to traveling.  At least there isn’t a time zone change in this district!  

From what I am hearing Cookeville is loaded and ready for this season.   A couple very good transfers.  A former big man back on the team.  And another stacked freshmen class.  They were pretty good last year starting 3-4 freshmen for most of the season.  They may be a year away from a run at a gold ball but they are going to very good this year and will win a lot of games.   I don’t know enough about this region to say who is going to win it but Cookeville should be right there based n the talent they have on the roster.

I think the district tourney is at Green Hill and Region at Station Camp this year.  And I think both district and region tourney at Cookeville next year.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lot of positive talk around the community about this year's Cookeville squad.   Seems like they are still maybe a year away with a bunch of talented sophomores and freshmen.     But who knows?  Maybe they can play above their age and make some noise.    

How is everyone's pre-season going?  I saw where Cookeville played Brentwood and Blackman in a playday last week but I don't know any scores.  

19 hours ago, Alumn89 said:

lot of positive talk around the community about this year's Cookeville squad.   Seems like they are still maybe a year away with a bunch of talented sophomores and freshmen.     But who knows?  Maybe they can play above their age and make some noise.    

How is everyone's pre-season going?  I saw where Cookeville played Brentwood and Blackman in a playday last week but I don't know any scores.  

Blew Brentwood out of the gym and won close game vs Blackman.   Cookeville was missing several starters including their post players.   I think they had 7 players (2 freshmen).  Knox Webb and Knox Catholic to open the season is no joke.   1 week away…

6 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Blew Brentwood out of the gym and won close game vs Blackman.   Cookeville was missing several starters including their post players.   I think they had 7 players (2 freshmen).  Knox Webb and Knox Catholic to open the season is no joke.   1 week away…

Thats a pretty good report then if they were missing players.    Thanks for the info. 

Yea I was looking at their schedule.  Cavs could very well start out 1-2  or even 0-3 .   Pickett county at their gym will be a tough game. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Depends on if Mikey can control himself or not. Missing the next two games already.

I’m sorry but who are you referring to as Mikey? Lebanon’s Jarred Hall? He is currently serving a two game suspension due to being ejected (3 technicals early in 2nd qtr.) from a game against Summit on 12/30. He missed the game at Ravenwood Tuesday night (LHS lost 47-35) and will miss the district opener next Tuesday at Wilson Central. 

Lebanon currently 15-3 but on a two game losing streak. Right now I’d say Green Hill wins the district followed by Lebanon and Cookeville battling it out for second and third. Wilson Central fourth and then Mt. Juliet. Lebanon has the talent but they’ve really struggled these past two games without Hall. Troy Allen is a great coach and will have his team ready for the Blue Devils. 

Edited by firstandgoal
Rewording post